Menu

Ignore this thread!

SIL wanted to gift fish to relatives. She spent the afternoon driving around delivering fish before it thawed. If she had gone in to each house for a visit it would have taken all week.

Yeah, but unannounced? What would she have done with the fish if you weren't home?

• Like 1

Well.... JJM did have a particularly rough winter. However, I would prefer to not deal with July and August around here. Days on end of 100 degrees+ temperatures.

Well, you should just come here, silly.

My friend made it to the restaurant in time. We got to visit for one hour and 20 minutes.

In other news one of my chronic problems has gone from chronic to acute. I'm trying to keep out of the ER. I'm trying to tell myself that that's a worthy goal and to not fret about not getting anything else done. (I've ridden in this rodeo before and know what to do. If not, I know where the ER is. And if it subsides even a little bit but is still bugging me enough, tomorrow and the next day is already scheduled to be visiting with my doctors so I will let them in on the secret.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:sad:   :grouphug: , Jean.

SIL from Canada just showed up unannounced. Refused to come in. Talked to me for ten minutes at the door then shoved a frozen fish in my hands.

mellow.gif

Renai's culture. But, only Renai. Renai often drops by with chocolate and shoulder massages.

Would you like directions to my house?

She didn't come down just to see me. I was one stop on her round of southern relatives. To give them all fish.

mellow.gif

:seeya:

:seeya:

• Like 3

Also, the potty-training thing is a blatant lie.  

Ds3 has made it clear that he is NOT interested in wiping his own arse.  

Potting training includes wiping their own butt??? Why didn't anyone tell me? Oh, well. Too late now. And all that time I thought my kid was trained because she made it to the toilet.

ETA: Wow. And that had to be a booya. smh

BOOYA_16352.jpg

Edited by Renai
  • Like 8

I'm back. Went to DS's Boy Scout Troop's Bridging Ceremony. He just joined a couple months ago, so we are absolute newbies when it comes to the whole scouting thing, but I think it's going to be really good for him.

I haven't ketchupped. I'm sorry!! But I love you all!!,

Good night!!

• Like 3

Good Tuesday Morning!

Coffee!!!

Besides swim and basketball, we have one dr. appt today and one orthodontist appt.  It's going to take the whole summer to catch up on medical and dental appts. we didn't have time for during the school year.  

We normally don't do school in the summer, but dh and I decided that one person's math situation warrants summer work.  And the youngest already has violin practice and might as well be required to read.  I want to add a little math for her too when it gets here.  And then ds needs to finish reading Treasure Island and start pre-reading for Challenge A, and maybe actually finish one of the grammar programs we tried this year.  As a bonus, this extra work will delay their screen time each day.  (15yo should finish Algebra 2 this week and then this may be his first summer in four or five that he won't be pre-reading literature books! - a well deserved break!)

• Like 4

Potting training includes wiping their own butt??? Why didn't anyone tell me? Oh, well. Too late now. And all that time I thought my kid was trained because she made it to the toilet.

ETA: Wow. And that had to be a booya. smh

BOOYA_16352.jpg

That was also my version.  #underachievermoms  #desperatemoms

• Like 4

My friend made it to the restaurant in time. We got to visit for one hour and 20 minutes.

In other news one of my chronic problems has gone from chronic to acute. I'm trying to keep out of the ER. I'm trying to tell myself that that's a worthy goal and to not fret about not getting anything else done. (I've ridden in this rodeo before and know what to do. If not, I know where the ER is. And if it subsides even a little bit but is still bugging me enough, tomorrow and the next day is already scheduled to be visiting with my doctors so I will let them in on the secret.)

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

It does bother me. My first ones are traditionally scrap booked. But... for me it came down to "will it get done?" And I don't have the time or the space to traditionally scrapbook. And the cutting and gluing and stickers and everything else. Shutterfly is great. For me. It's quick, no mess and I just do simple layouts... no fuss.

I am struggling with my two youngest. I did want at least one traditional book for them, because all the other kids have one, but I just don't think it's going to happen. I think I'll do theirs digitally, too.

It's hard to lose pictures and notes out of the digital ones.

Changes in scrapbooking technology are part of the story of life.

The fact that you are organizing the books is an incredible gift to your kids by itself.

Captions and notes add crucial information that is often later forgotten and lost.  Preserving these may seem like overkill now, but later when time and age might have erased some memories or made them harder to access these will be invaluable.

I am NOT a scrapbooking person, and I come from a long line of people who were not so inclined.  I am a bit awed and envious of those who manage to create these.

• Like 3

She didn't come down just to see me. I was one stop on her round of southern relatives. To give them all fish.

Ah, that's why she didn't come in.  Was trying to get all of the fish delivered before they thawed.

• Like 3

My wife wants to hook up the gas to the stove right around now. About how long should I linger at TKD to make sure she doesn't blow up the house with us in it?

How did it go?  Are you all still alive this morning?

What a day!

I don't think I told you guys that my crown came off the first day of our trip.  I talked to my dentist (good friend) and found out how to survive until we got home.  I have an appointment Thursday.  The bookkeeper emailed to let me know we no longer had insurance coverage.  (I knew it changed when dh retired, but didn't realize we didn't have a replacement).  Turns out retirement board forgot to tell us about the dental insurance and we forgot to ask.  So, I got to call about that today and get that going (and get the 12month wait policy for major work, like crowns, waived.  Thank goodness.

Now, dh and I (I'm the morale support) are on hold to talk to AT&T about fraudulent charges on his account.  We've been transferred a couple times and hung up on once.  This has been going on for an hour.  We need a flame thrower, asap!   

We also cleaned out our spice / baking stuff cabinets while he was on hold.  

Fun times.   :hat:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

OCD much?   :laugh:

Excuse me, but that would be CDO.  (It's like OCD, but with the letters in alphabetical order, like they should be.  I should know -- my t-shirt says so.)

• Like 3

I love her! And I hate small dogs. How are her eyes so clear? Most white dogs have brown "tears".

She was recently washed.  That's the only time MIL's poodle is all white.  She gets the brown eye streaks, brown wherever she licks, and lots of brown mud all over her.  It's her "beauty treatment" after her baths!

• Like 1

All caught up!  Time for cleaning more kitchen again, trying to get ungroggy (what is with me this week?) and getting on with the day's appointments and tasks.

Have a good day everyone!

Oooo, maybe a brief morning light break.  It's glowing out right now....

• Like 1

She was recently washed.  That's the only time MIL's poodle is all white.  She gets the brown eye streaks, brown wherever she licks, and lots of brown mud all over her.  It's her "beauty treatment" after her baths!

She's pretty scruffy now after some rolls in the fire pit! Time for another bath, but her tear stains are pretty well controlled as long as we keep the hair around her eyes cut short. She hasn't had a full bath in over a week but still no tear stains. I'm not sure if poodle hair is similar and could be kept trimmed. If my dog's facial hair is long, she gets tear stains almost immediately.

Her hair is actually really short in the picture. Before trim: 

• Like 2

Good morning!

(((Spudz and dd)))

(((Jeannie))) thinking of you this morning. And that fish. :D

Not ketchupted because I was up til about 1am writing stage set directions and making diagrams for the scene changes and texting pictures of it all to the director and I slept late and no one woke me up.

Theatre PSA: If you want to get through the whole show in the first dress rehearsal with lights and sound and stage sets, you have to plan for it to take at least twice as long as the expected run time of the show. This is the way it is forever and amen.

I'm pretty sure I have things to do but I can't think of what they are.

Coffee!!

• Like 5

In my family people come by and drop off 10-20lbs of froz beef. It's pretty sweet, but I still want Renai to adopt me.

I'm not kidding. I'm known at work to walk up to random people and give a massage. I'm good at it, too. :D

• Like 3

Missing Link will get rid of the tears.

Good morning!

Theatre PSA: If you want to get through the whole show in the first dress rehearsal with lights and sound and stage sets, you have to plan for it to take at least twice as long as the expected run time of the show. This is the way it is forever and amen.

I'm pretty sure I have things to do but I can't think of what they are.

Coffee!!

Dancer will be doing lights for the production. I'll either be helping with costume changes or running the PowerPoint.

• Like 4

There, there. October will come when it comes, Slache. Even I have to sit in my cave and be patient.

Prairie--PM me the swordsmith information. I don't know whether the boys are interested or not, but I am. Witness crazy sword in profile pic. Not a forged blade at all (it's based on an Aztec design) but I'm fascinated by swordsmithing. 

I am awake. I felt better this morning and got up a little bit early to take my dogs for a walk before the sun got up high enough to cook me.

• Like 4