Menu

Ignore this thread!

I need to get rid of cucumbers. They are piling up in my fridge. I'm tempted to put them in plastic bags and tell my kids go go out and play "Ding-dong Ditch" and leave the bags on the neighbors' front porches.

Ooh, ooh! Send some here! Our cucumbers are not going to survive. :(

We're at the park and Weapon X was just chasing some poor little boy. "Hey, what's your name?.. .hey you....hey.....WHAT IS YOUR NAME, SIR?"

After that awkward exchange, they are now happily playing in the water together.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Well, he can't be accused of being an antisocial  homeschooler...

• Like 5

DH's favorite solution is to cook as much as possible on the grill outside.  I'm good with that -- he does the grilling.   :laugh:

I do the grilling, and that is my favorite solution, too. I love to grill. In fact, I need a bigger grill so I can do more stuff on it - more grilled veggies, pizza, breads. I'd be real happy with that. :D

• Like 2

I need to remember to suggest looking into grocery delivery or curb-side pick-up to SIL.  She's got a 4 bottomless pits in the house plus a 4-year-old, herself and BIL.  She can never get enough groceries in one run because she has 4yo with her and can only handle one grocery cart.  The grocery store is becoming like a second home to her, she shops so often.  This past weekend she took one pre-teen with her (leaving the 4yo home with elder brothers) and had the rare treat of having two people to push two grocery carts, with no short person to chase and wrangle.  Still, it was amazing how quickly two carts' worth of groceries disappeared over just the weekend.

A friend of mine swears by AmazonFresh; I think she's uses it now instead of grocery store delivery.  I've never tried it since I have DhFresh.  But maybe Amazon is an option for your SIL.  

• Like 2

I tried that. And they all have refrigerators overflowing with cucumbers. Where do you think I learned to garden??😜

Put some googly eyes on them and stab the with sticks for arms and legs. Then let your kids create battle stations have cucumber wars out in the yard.

• Like 5

I only got through a third of my coating goals this morning before leaving for swim camp.  This process is sooooooo loooooong.  

And it's raining again all day and freezing cold (had to turn the heat on again... we woke up to about 57 degrees in house.)  Critter should come visit.   :laugh:

• Like 4

Amazon Fresh is seriously lacking here.

Curbside pickup involves a slight (3-5%) premium over in-store prices + a $4.95 fee but the time and energy saved are well worth the expense.

Best of all, it saves your previous orders which you can easily reuse (quickly adding or subtracting what is necessary this week). we eat from a menu, so it's 3 min to reorder and 20 min to pick up rather than hours in the store, 30 min in the parking lot loading groceries, and so forth.

• Like 3

Curbside pickup involves a slight (3-5%) premium over in-store prices + a $4.95 fee but the time and energy saved are well worth the expense.

Best of all, it saves your previous orders which you can easily reuse (quickly adding or subtracting what is necessary this week). we eat from a menu, so it's 3 min to reorder and 20 min to pick up rather than hours in the store, 30 min in the parking lot loading groceries, and so forth.

Dude.  I think longingly of pizza delivery.

• Like 7

COFFEE!!,☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Dishwasher load #1 is running!!

I did my Nice Neighborhood Mom Duty by making quesadillas and lemonade for my kids and the 4 neighborhood kids for lunch. I actually don't mind doing that, as long as they eat outside on the lawn. It's the noise and chaos I can't take!!!

Now, back to finishing up my photo book. Shutterfly's 50% off sale ends today. Of course, they'll have another one eventually, but I'm in the groove and I can't stop now. (If those aren't the lyrics to a song, they should be)

• Like 4

So... yet again they ignored my cell phone number and called the home phone while I was taking Ds to work. I called back and the nurse is at lunch. But I was told to "start the antibiotics ". So do have an infection? Do they know yet? No one seems to know.... I'm waiting for yet another call back.

PS - my actual doctor is really good. And so is his regular nurse. This isn't his regular nurse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

So... yet again they ignored my cell phone number and called the home phone while I was taking Ds to work. I called back and the nurse is at lunch. But I was told to "start the antibiotics ". So do have an infection? Do they know yet? No one seems to know.... I'm waiting for yet another call back.

PS - my actual doctor is really good. And so is his regular nurse. This isn't his regular nurse.

Can you just not list your home phone? Or does it need to be on the paperwork?

• Like 1

Went to the lab in the Big City and back. Trying to make sure they added the right tests for my current problem has been a lot more difficult than it should be. I'm a bit over the having to teach young medical support staff how to do their job and how to get blood out of me. And I am really over the "give them the phone number where they can reach me but they call the other number where they can't reach me " thing.

Btw: I'm just grousing. It will all work out some how. Worst case scenario will have me driving back into the Big City later today but I don't think it will come to that.

Legit frustration.  Do they have to have the other number?  Could you have them remove it from your records entirely so they only have the one phone number to call?

• Like 2

A friend of mine swears by AmazonFresh; I think she's uses it now instead of grocery store delivery.  I've never tried it since I have DhFresh.  But maybe Amazon is an option for your SIL.  

I think the big grocery chain near her is also trying out delivery and pick-up -- I know some of the ones near us are.  I figure anything that can shorten or reduce the number of grocery runs would be a help to her.

• Like 1

It's beginning to sound tempting to me, too.  I get bogged down in the produce department and tend to overbuy there.  A bit of a remove could help with that.

• Like 1

I found the sale sufficiently tempting & bought a PDF of the SOTW activity book.

I also bought Editor in Chief (paper book since the website is unclear on the ebook format) & am looking for secondhand Excelerate Spanish DVDs. These two are for our summer session.

So much for being done shopping.

My garden harvest this year may wind up a single serving again. *sigh* The $64 Tomato is no joke.

• Like 4

I know I've watched and enjoyed those but all the details are vague now. Lets hope they made a dent before they leaked out my ears.

Your workout vid is very sparkly.

He did say you would forget 75% of it the first week. ;)

Now I want this.

The video is so hard!

:cursing: That danged fawn is still down at my creek. I am going to be seriously, seriously mad if some doe has abandoned her young in my front yard. Fortunately, we can watch this spot on the creek from the porch, so I'll be able to see if the doe shows up at dusk, the way she is supposed to do.

• Like 2

:cursing: That danged fawn is still down at my creek. I am going to be seriously, seriously mad if some doe has abandoned her young in my front yard. Fortunately, we can watch this spot on the creek from the porch, so I'll be able to see if the doe shows up at dusk, the way she is supposed to do.

Not true!  They frequently will not return until well after dark (see #3, attached).  I'd just keep an eye on it; if mama isn't feeding it at night, you'll know in a couple of days.  Last year's foundling was in our back pasture for a few days, within sight of my kitchen window, and I never saw mom.  Baby just disappeared once it got big enough (and the ponies got their grass back.  Thank goodness the pastures are in better shape this year, so I'm grazing the main pastures, which have no cover, so no fawns!)

• Like 1

We'll keep an eye on it. I hope she moves it soon, though. It's right in the place where the boys like to play, right in the creek bed. The water isn't high right now, but the fawn's rear end is actually in the water right now. I'll check it tonight and in the morning. Hopefully it will be gone, one way or another.

ETA: Baby looks bright, alert, and well-hydrated by the eye position, so I'm not overly worried. I've saw a few doe grazing down there this morning. It's probably that one of those is the doe. This wouldn't be the first time our house has been used as a drop-off point for fawns. We had twins one year that lived near the chicken pen all summer long. They were a lot of fun to watch, but I got to see the mother pretty often with those two.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

We'll keep an eye on it. I hope she moves it soon, though. It's right in the place where the boys like to play, right in the creek bed. The water isn't high right now, but the fawn's rear end is actually in the water right now. I'll check it tonight and in the morning. Hopefully it will be gone, one way or another.

ETA: Baby looks bright, alert, and well-hydrated by the eye position, so I'm not overly worried. I've saw a few doe grazing down there this morning. It's probably that one of those is the doe. This wouldn't be the first time our house has been used as a drop-off point for fawns. We had twins one year that lived near the chicken pen all summer long. They were a lot of fun to watch, but I got to see the mother pretty often with those two.

I think our doe last year (and there may be more fawns in that pasture now, but I'm avoiding it just in case) actually chose that location due to its proximity to our backyard fence.  The deer know that the dogs can't get out, but they're savvy enough to know that the dogs and the peoples keep the bad predators away.  For the same reason, in the winter we tend to have baby moose in the cedar grove closest to the house (pretty close to where the fawn was secured.)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 3