Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good call on the blinds! We usually buy cordless but these were here when we moved in. It's been so long since I needed to baby proof that I hadn't even thought about all the stupid blinds in the house. It's going on my to do list.

Yeah, my laundry routine consists of detergent and dryer sheets only. I don't know what other chemicals people would have in the laundry room. DH has suggested getting another w/d back in the old laundry room and diverting most of the laundry. The upstairs one could see less use while baby is in there but we wouldn't have to take it out forever.

The best part of this idea is having two washers and dryers!  (especially two dryers!!!).   :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:  :001_tt1:

• Like 4

Paige, I would try doing without the dryer sheets if possible. They're very perfumey. If you skip them for a while, you'll notice them much more than if you use them all the time.

I've tried a bit of a veggie garden this year, and was not surprised to see bunnies in the yard recently--I usually call my garden attempts "bunny bait." But this morning DH saw a deer out back--only the second time we've seen one in this neighborhood in 12 years. (We have a 6-foot fence.) *sigh* I'll have to go see if there's anything left.

We use unscented dryer sheets - no scent at all, but still help with static cling.  

• Like 4

So here's the laundry room- excuse the huge mess. It's the junk room right now. DH says we can't put up doors around the w/d because of how close they are to the door into the room. There's an apprx. 3x5 closet area w/ no door that you can't see very well. We'd take all the junk out, put a real floor down, put a shelf over the w/d so it's high and can be locked, and put the baby bed far away by the window. There's at least 3ft of room you can't see to the left of the window. Does it still seem pathetic? He'd probably be in the co-sleeper in our room for the first 6mos or so, but we could put his stuff in the laundry room.

Or, we could just take the w/d out and put them back into the old laundry room downstairs, but that would make me sad. We paid a guy to come in and put hookups for us up there. Baby would probably only be in the room for about 2-3 years: DS should move out and we probably won't stay here for much longer than that anyway. 

My complaint isn't the space, it's the cleaning supplies and humidity. Can you make the laundry room the play room and the play room the nursery?

You can totally ignore me, too. I'm just a crazy lady from the internet.

Having a locked cabinet is a good thing.

Having electric is good. Less fumes and no chance of CO.

A large room is good.

You might think of putting a dehumidifier in there if it seems humid. I just worry about little babies and breathing, asthma etc.

But lots of people live in small apartments where some have washers and dryers so I am not totally against it.

I'm just paranoid with babies.

Me, three.

• Like 2

Good call on the blinds! We usually buy cordless but these were here when we moved in. It's been so long since I needed to baby proof that I hadn't even thought about all the stupid blinds in the house. It's going on my to do list.

Yeah, my laundry routine consists of detergent and dryer sheets only. I don't know what other chemicals people would have in the laundry room. DH has suggested getting another w/d back in the old laundry room and diverting most of the laundry. The upstairs one could see less use while baby is in there but we wouldn't have to take it out forever.

I've always kept all cleaning supplies in the laundry room. Our laundry room smells like chemicals. Where do you keep your bathroom cleaners and such?

Where do you keep your bathroom cleaners and such?

In the bathrooms, kitchen, garage, and closets near where they are needed. Laundry room is just for laundry and I gave up on fancy pretreatments, bleach, starch, etc. long ago. The laundry room has a rubber floor right now and almost never gets cleaned so nothing cleaning oriented has migrated there. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!

I stayed home from church this morning.  #migraine :(

The past two days have been awful.  I guess I need to make another trip to the neurologist to discuss options.

:grouphug:

Good morning. I have finally started to adjust to sleeping without Rocky. Though every now and then there's a noise that I used to attribute to Rocky but is probably just the house settling or something. It doesn't scare me. I just notice it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

• Like 3

We had the least contentious, most agreeable congregational meeting I've ever attended. :001_wub:  Very happy with how folks are managing things. (But a little alarmed at just how much we rely on people doing things they're not paid to do.)

• Like 5

I've always kept all cleaning supplies in the laundry room. Our laundry room smells like chemicals. Where do you keep your bathroom cleaners and such?

Under the bathroom sink. If I had to go get the cleaning supplies every time I suddenly decided the bathroom was getting sketchy, I'd clean even less. LOL
  • Like 6

Good morning. I have finally started to adjust to sleeping without Rocky. Though every now and then there's a noise that I used to attribute to Rocky but is probably just the house settling or something. It doesn't scare me. I just notice it.

:(
  • Like 2

DD's bathroom has been painted. Check another off my list! Can I get a booya down here?  My mom's all, "You shouldn't be painting!!" Seriously- if I don't do it, nobody's going to do it and for some reason nothing inspires getting stuff done more than expecting a new person in a few months! Next weekend I'll do the other DD's bathroom or maybe her bedroom.

(Jean)  :grouphug:  My sweet kitty passed away about a month ago and I still hear imaginary meows at night in the way she used to greet me when I went to bed. I want to hear those imaginary meows forever.  :grouphug:

• Like 6

(Jean) :grouphug: My sweet kitty passed away about a month ago and I still hear imaginary meows at night in the way she used to greet me when I went to bed. I want to hear those imaginary meows forever. :grouphug:

Sometimes I look in the back yard and imagine I see Snowflake Kitty prancing across the grass with her ever-so-expressive tail. I love our new kittens, but I really miss Snowflake.
  • Like 5

((Jeannie))
  • Like 1

Mary has to go potty. I don't know what to do. There are only two other families here so I could theoretically hand the baby over to Pastor.

Take them all with you.  

Under the bathroom sink. If I had to go get the cleaning supplies every time I suddenly decided the bathroom was getting sketchy, I'd clean even less. LOL

Amen!  

• Like 1

Bravo on painting, Paige!!

I skim-coated all morning while kids and dh went to church (awful, I know.  But this process is already long enough and I didn't want to give up another day). Also dove in and started repairs on the ceiling.  

Planning to borax the mildew in the bathroom this afternoon, and maybe work on school stuff planning again too.  

So many unfinished projects.  Tomorrow,  swim camp starts, plus I'll be driving to several appointments during the week and continuing to work on kids' bedrooms.  I was going to resume school but I think that's probably not likely.  Maybe just barebones math and reading instead, plus memory work in the car. Perhaps that will leave me enough time to finish up some of these projects hanging over my head.

• Like 5

Finally!  Took a pic of my planner/record book, for Mary and whoever else was asking.  It's similar to what Slache described (a checklist) but I plot the checklists into a weekly grid.  Each day per subject is the same list, even though I only do a fraction of the items on the list each day. This is a two-page spread, covering one week in the life of one kid.  40 weeks/kid = a lot of paper, but I can bind up to three kids in one Staples Ginormous Spiral binder.  (They don't call it that.  I do.)

IMG_0240_zpsbifzveuh.jpg

• Like 6

I am enjoying a quiet house.  :)

My headache is much better, but it's *right there*.  I feel like things could go south at any moment.   :glare:

I made the dc's assignment sheets for next week.  I feel bad that some of the kids are falling behind because of my health problems.

Dd12 is just kind of coasting right now, except for trying to finish Algebra 1/2.  She is officially beginning ninth grade at the beginning of August, so I'm not having her start anything new until then.  It will make the transcript easier.

• Like 6

Boo-Ya. :coolgleamA: 

Take them all with you.

The kids or church families?

Finally!  Took a pic of my planner/record book, for Mary and whoever else was asking.  It's similar to what Slache described (a checklist) but I plot the checklists into a weekly grid.  Each day per subject is the same list, even though I only do a fraction of the items on the list each day. This is a two-page spread, covering one week in the life of one kid.  40 weeks/kid = a lot of paper, but I can bind up to three kids in one Staples Ginormous Spiral binder.  (They don't call it that.  I do.)

IMG_0240_zpsbifzveuh.jpg

LOVE!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

IMG_0240_zpsbifzveuh.jpg

This is not at all what I pictured. Here's mine.

• Like 4

LOVE!

No credit to me.  Here's where I bought it.  It's a reusable one time purchase, so $20 was a good deal in my opinion. I've used it for three years going on four.  I include the attendance, assessment, and calendar pages as well... but I re-order it the way I like it.

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 4

Quackers, your planner is awesome!!

I just make a table in Word and put their assignments in that each week and then print off the assignment sheet weekly.

I can imagine doing something like this when the kids are older and more independent.  Right now, I need pretty much zero weekly prep/planning.  If I put it on a list at the beginning of the week, it's almost guaranteed to fail.   ;)  Without the specific assignment list, I might actually succeed!  

#whenallelsefailsloweryourexpectations

• Like 5