Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hi guys, I chatted on her back in Nov. And Dec...and you all were so warm, loving, funny, included everyone , And just a nice warm sunny group of folks :)

I took about 5 mo off to do LC testings for my boys.

When I came back I thought to myself ...self? Lol

I wonder if the ignore me thread is still there...and it is!

I was so glad to see it still here :)

I asked some questions about my lil guys and....I just wanted to come say hi !

Hi! Lol

Also, it warms my heart to see everyone still supporting each other , being humorous, warm

I mean....I've read just a little bit of this and....warm fuzzies :)

You guys are awesome.

Has been a nice encouragement on some not so encouraging days ;/

Edited by Kat w
  • Like 10

:grouphug: Krissi and family.

Jean, a pox on early morning telemarketer calls. I hope your camp week is completely telemarketer free.

Lemon juice is an ingredient in pancakes if you are not using buttermilk. I've seen it in more than one pancake recipe. 

I'm home from work and hoping to get some writing and/or a nap in today. Got some good feedback from the romance writers' forum on how to handle my over-emotional protagonist and I want to mull that over some today if possible. The suggestion was to let him feel what he wants to feel, but focus the writing lens on the emotion that most represents what needs to change in him. So I think I'll go back and read through his scenes to get a feel for what represents the best opportunity to showcase where he really needs to get his act together.

• Like 7

Thank you all for the hugs and prayers. The funeral was very nice. My cousin was quite a character, so it was upbeat with lots of stories of the pranks he pulled, etc. There were a lot of people there, my cousins even came down from Oregon, even though they were just here for the family reunion in July.

• Like 10

Thank you all for the hugs and prayers. The funeral was very nice. My cousin was quite a character, so it was upbeat with lots of stories of the pranks he pulled, etc. There were a lot of people there, my cousins even came down from Oregon, even though they were just here for the family reunion in July.

That sounds lovely. I hope my funeral is like that.

:grouphug:

• Like 2

Nap accomplished.

I've been invaded. My neighbor's guineas are running around near my creek. I hope they enjoy the bug-feast.

ETA: I feel I ought to get a refund on my kitteh-cat. I have now attempted two naps with this cat, and both times she has kept me awake by bathing in the bed. I'm pretty sure my cat-contract specified-owner will nap while cat curls up and offers purr support. Not owner tries to nap while cat takes vigorous bath.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4

The Hunger Games :leaving:

He said it is the best book he has ever read. He asked if I always feel for the characters when I read, and I said yes, often, and he said no wonder I like reading so much!

(I pre-read the book, and knew he could handle it. I was not going to post the title for fear of being judged, even silently. But you know, he's not anyone else's responsibility, so I might as well. Because everyone ignores this thread anyway.)

• Like 11

He said it is the best book he has ever read. He asked if I always feel for the characters when I read, and I said yes, often, and he said no wonder I like reading so much!

(I pre-read the book, and knew he could handle it. I was not going to post the title for fear of being judged, even silently. But you know, he's not anyone else's responsibility, so I might as well. Because everyone ignores this thread anyway.)

I love this!

• Like 4

Hi! Lol

So glad you stopped by!

• Like 4

We have had the day. But all good.

We finally got ds to his apartment and waited in line for 2 hours to get his key and check in stuff. Good gravy, there must be a better way! So it started raining right about the time we started hauling things up to the 3rd floor, but he had friends helping so it wasn't too bad. He has a nice private bathroom and a huge walk-in closet! We took him out to lunch at Dairy Queen and got him a gift certificate while we were there to encourage him to consume more calories! :D I had a mushroom swiss burger and could. not. finish. it. It was huge.

Dd18 said theater call-backs went very well, but she didn't get the part of Nancy. They gave her Widow Corney, which makes sense for dd because it is the only "legit soprano" part. She is a little sad, but says it will all be good.

While we were in the University Town we found a car to replace dh's car! It was so newly traded in that they hadn't cleaned it yet. It has higher miles, but it was immaculate with fairly new tires and the previous owner kept meticulous hand-written notes on oil changes and service done. Clean AutoCheck. It was well within our budget, too, even with doc fees, tax, title, etc. The sales guy was nice and said he will call as soon as he gets the second set of keys, and he'll pay us back for the emissions fee and fill up the gas tank. (They normally do it at the sale, but the tank was still 3/4 full).

When we finally got home, we found the kids having a "formal tea" for dinner with cucumber and quark sandwiches and 4 kinds of tea. I puffy heart dd18.

• Like 9

Re: Theatre part

I think I would rather get the part that made more sense vocally. Would give me more confidence that the director knows what they are doing.

Which for me, would be not getting a part. I'm much better suited to painting sets. :D

• Like 6

Nap accomplished.

I've been invaded. My neighbor's guineas are running around near my creek. I hope they enjoy the bug-feast.

ETA: I feel I ought to get a refund on my kitteh-cat. I have now attempted two naps with this cat, and both times she has kept me awake by bathing in the bed. I'm pretty sure my cat-contract specified-owner will nap while cat curls up and offers purr support. Not owner tries to nap while cat takes vigorous bath.

sounds like a breach of contract to me!

I'm so hungry I think I might eat the dog.

hmm, well, seasoned correctly, you may have something there!  

The sky has fallen in Central Texas and a deluge is pouring out. Oh my.

I hope you're ok! Ash is falling from our skies thanks to the Cedar Fire, a couple counties south-east of us.

The ITT does not judge even silently.  Anyone who does will be trampled by a horde of angry Elephant Ninjas.

ITT is wonderful! 

Susan is such a gracious hostess.  :)

It's a Goodness Gracious Hostess Susan Booyah!

She really is! I must agree!
  • Like 6

I read and enjoyed the whole series before dd-now-16 even heard of it. That and the Divergent series.  :leaving:

• Like 4

I will refrain from telling you what I think about the potential meat quality of dog. Or cat for that matter.  -_-

Tell me to stay out of the sea. I want to post on the thread about the Arkansas school policy on lunches and homework, and I really shouldn't because it makes my tail get all bushy. No surfing!

I wrote about 1500 words today. Not my best, but good for a Saturday when I'm tired out from work and school. We have a scheduled school break next week, and I'm chasing waterfalls tomorrow. :001_smile:

• Like 7

I will refrain from telling you what I think about the potential meat quality of dog. Or cat for that matter. -_-

Tell me to stay out of the sea. I want to post on the thread about the Arkansas school policy on lunches and homework, and I really shouldn't because it makes my tail get all bushy. No surfing!

I wrote about 1500 words today. Not my best, but good for a Saturday when I'm tired out from work and school. We have a scheduled school break next week, and I'm chasing waterfalls tomorrow. :001_smile:

Don't swim in the sea!

• Like 3

Good Sunday Morning!

Susan, what a wonderful day your family had.  I know it had to be exhausting.  Love the tea, too!

Ikslo, Yay for ds!!!  (and for you!)

Krissi, more hugs.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Slache, hope you found carrots, snap peas, celery or something besides the dog.   :laugh:   How is Alex sleeping?  How are John and Mary?

Jean, hope camp is a smashing success!  

Hi to Ellie, Prairie, Renai, Angi, Critter.   :seeya:

• Like 6

DH is cooking breakfast for himself and the boys this morning. I don't eat breakfast if I can help it. Or if I do, I eat a banana or a yogurt or something. I like to eat, but my stomach goes into open revolt if it gets fed first thing in the morning. Trying to get around so that we have plenty of time to look for waterfalls.

• Like 3

Good Morning!

COFFEE!

I slept waaaay too long this morning, it's been nice not having Sunday School during the months of July and August. Although I really enjoy our SS class. Lots of "iron sharpening iron" going on there. But it does make Sunday mornings a little more leisurely!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ellie and Prairie, don't get swept away by the deluge!

Critter, kudos on self-control! No swimming in treacherous seas!

Slashie, hope you found something to eat!

Jeannie, make sure the camp clothes include pantz!

Critter, hope you find a nice waterfall!

Hi Lynn and Ikslo and Susan!

• Like 6

We skipped church but still managed to get nothing done. We didn't even sleep in. I'm still in my jammies.

Slache, hope you found carrots, snap peas, celery or something besides the dog.   :laugh:   How is Alex sleeping?  How are John and Mary?

Still not sleeping. The kids are good, but tired of being neglected. :(

Slashie, hope you found something to eat!

Yes. I did not eat the dog.

• Like 8

Slache, could you please mention again the name of the multiplication fact resource with memory tricks? Searching is not working for me.

Happy Sunday to all. :seeya: I've been enjoying visiting hour-away relatives most weekends, but it's competing with church attendance and getting stuff done at home. September will be interesting as we try to balance it all with a new school routine and some travel.

• Like 7

Ugh. I want to take a nap sooooooo badly but there are 5 additional children playing here right now (3 from church plus the 2 surprise drop-off former neighbors). Dh and dd went to the store, and I can't leave things unsupervised. I did get the pork shoulder in the IP and the tater tot casserole filling made and in the freezer.

When do you leave for camp, Jeannie? Will you still be able to check in with us once in a while?

• Like 4

Slache, I'm going to be fairly close to you at camp. I was hoping to suggest a time when I could come see you but I don't think that will be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about we don't plan anything but I'll PM you my number just in case? And if you need to you can run in, use our shower and leave. We get it. :laugh:

• Like 8

Good Morning!

COFFEE!!

Saturday Sleep-In! Yay!

Yay for Susan's dd.

Yay for furnishing apartments!

Yay for DS going to camp!

Today is going to be difficult. We are going to my cousin's funeral. He was shot and killed last week at age 59. He was always kind of the black sheep of the family. The kind of guy who just made some bad, foolish choices. But he was the nicest guy and he was the most giving and generous guy. And friendly. And he never ostracized himself from the family. He always came to everything and everyone liked him. Anyhow, he was letting a co-worker stay with him and they got in a fight and the co-worker shot him dead. It's been a terrible shock. So, the funeral is today.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   I am so sorry.  

• Like 1

Hi guys, I chatted on her back in Nov. And Dec...and you all were so warm, loving, funny, included everyone , And just a nice warm sunny group of folks :)

I took about 5 mo off to do LC testings for my boys.

Hi! Lol

Also, it warms my heart to see everyone still supporting each other , being humorous, warm

I mean....I've read just a little bit of this and....warm fuzzies :)

You guys are awesome.

Has been a nice encouragement on some not so encouraging days ;/

Welcome back!