Menu

Ignore this thread!

Same here, because we eat different things and I use lunch time to do housework or shower. Habit Tracker has an alarm that goes off at nap time reminding me to eat. I have alarms for bible, yoga, school, bedtime routine... If I open the app I can cross everything off that I've done and there are charts telling me how terrible I am at keeping my habits.

I'm going to go eat now.

Can you describe the logo/icon for your habit tracker app?  I tried looking in the play store (android), but there are so many.  Which one are you using?  It sounds useful.

I also ordered Writing With Skill just so I could look at it, and see if I like it for later work on essay construction. Right now I'm completely in the play phase with essay writing.

I'm still feeling fine, breathing fine, etc. Even did some cooking and hefted my cast iron Dutch oven around.

I wrote almost 2,000 words on my novel, and now I'm getting ready to go to my writers' group meeting.

• Like 2

Can you describe the logo/icon for your habit tracker app? I tried looking in the play store (android), but there are so many. Which one are you using? It sounds useful.

Apparently it's called Loop - Habit Tracker. Sorry. It's a blue circle with a white arrow.

• Like 1

I also ordered Writing With Skill just so I could look at it, and see if I like it for later work on essay construction. Right now I'm completely in the play phase with essay writing.

I'm still feeling fine, breathing fine, etc. Even did some cooking and hefted my cast iron Dutch oven around.

I wrote almost 2,000 words on my novel, and now I'm getting ready to go to my writers' group meeting.

I'm curious to see your reaction to WWS after you spend some time with it.

• Like 3

I am too stressed out for post #60,000. Who has a good one?

You've got to be kidding!

It's Stressed Out Joking Around With Post #60,000 Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

You've got to be kidding!

It's Stressed Out Joking Around With Post #60,000 Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This is the thread that never ends....

Hmm, we need to amend the "1100 pages" part, but the rhythm is off with "1200 pages", as it is with "60,000 posts".

It's late and approaching bedtime.  I'll sleep on it and see if I come up with any better suggestions.   :D

• Like 2

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started s'venteen months ago

from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown

this is the place to be

I'm still not sure how to amend the one line but I came up with another verse!

• Like 7

Day 5 of Heatpocalypse is almost over.

The lady that I taught to make bread this morninghad a spare window air conditioner unit, so the boys now have a cool bedroom.  Younger son has slept only a couple of hours a night for the last several nights, so everyone please pray/cross your fingers/send well wishes that he will sleep tonight.  

I caught a nap this afternoon for a few hours with Youngest, so I am semi-functional again.Youngest is currently ranting about how hot she is. Our window unit can get our room down to 82F but no cooler.  My greatest fear about moving here was the ac breaking in August, and now that I've lived it, it's survivable but just barely.  

I am REALLY hoping that parts come in tomorrow for installation Thursday.  I think reality is that we have another several days to go.  

• Like 6

We have had so much rain in the last two weeks, which we needed after at least two months with no rain at all. Of course, we had record rainfall  last year so we're ahead...but it's still weird to go that many months with no rain, lol.

That's all I got.

• Like 6

Observations from second half of the second full day of camp.

1. It was a no good very bad day healthwise. But I survived and other than my husband ( who is also camp staff) I don't think that anyone was the wiser.

2. My son (who is also camp staff) is doing really well. He's one of the guitarists.

3. Did I already say how much I hate perler beads? Multiply that a hundred times now! They roll everywhere and these kids are obsessed.

4. The kids had never done soap carving before. After some initial suspicion, they really took to it.

5. I added two more kids to my class so it is now at capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 11

Good Wednesday Morning!

Slache - 10 more!  Even with very little sleep, and pregnancy still a recent memory.  Impressive!

Jean - hope you're feeling great today!

Congrats to Susan and her posts of honor.

Hi Dawn!  Nice to see you.  Hope you're finding a way through the craziness.  

• Like 5

Day 5 of Heatpocalypse is almost over.

The lady that I taught to make bread this morninghad a spare window air conditioner unit, so the boys now have a cool bedroom.  Younger son has slept only a couple of hours a night for the last several nights, so everyone please pray/cross your fingers/send well wishes that he will sleep tonight.  

I caught a nap this afternoon for a few hours with Youngest, so I am semi-functional again.Youngest is currently ranting about how hot she is. Our window unit can get our room down to 82F but no cooler.  My greatest fear about moving here was the ac breaking in August, and now that I've lived it, it's survivable but just barely.  

I am REALLY hoping that parts come in tomorrow for installation Thursday.  I think reality is that we have another several days to go.  

Would hot water bottles filled with ice cubes and/or ice water (and maybe wrapped in towels) help any at night?

ETA: If there's spare floor space in your sons' room perhaps you can set up a sleeping bag on an air mattress or pad for one or both girls (if you have them), just until the situation gets resolved.  Declaring the one cool room as a "camp-out room" is quite legit.

When we dealt with several weeks of power outage after a hurricane (we live inland, in the shelter-in-place zones) we had a generator to handle SOME electrical needs but not all.  We ran the downstairs a/c a little during the day to get the temp downstairs to the low-80's, then slept with the windows open.  The noise from neighbors running their generators ALL NIGHT LONG, however, kept me from sleeping, so for the last few days we, too, ran the generator and some a/c at night (downstairs) and we all "camped out" down there to get some sleep.  (All of our bedrooms are upstairs, but that took more power to cool).  

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

Between an appointment yesterday, getting the postponed grocery shopping done (the previous day was rainy; yesterday it was drier), and initial difficulties with computers and DD15's science lab (including not being able to see anything in the microscope because we forgot to put in the eyepiece -- duh) I did not get all of my cardio in yesterday.  Derek Owens did send the emails with the login info, though, so today we will see about getting the girls set up and started in their math lessons.  DH still needs to troubleshoot DD12's computer, but he got our server going again so she can use a different computer and still access our homeschool directory.  Yay!  

I need to print off the first few lessons' worth of book pages and homework pages for the DO math lessons, and then get on my exercising.  I'll try to get in the missing cardio today, on the assumption that since it's just several hours later it will still count.  

• Like 4

Have I told y'all that I'm allergic to mornings? I get sweaty, shaky, I feel nauseous, and I want to get back into the dark of my nice, cool bedroom to hide. We keep a fan running at night, and sometimes the only way I can tolerate being awake early is to sit and listen to the white noise for a while until I feel better. It does not matter what the occasion is for getting up early. I'm just as unhappy waking up early to go somewhere pleasant as somewhere unpleasant. It doesn't matter if I had a good sleep or not. 

I don't like mornings. Never have. I can deal with them, but I'm getting worse, not better as I age.

After seven, I'm fine. The only thing that has helped with morning allergy is exercise. I expect to be sweaty, shaky and nauseous for exercise, so evidently, running in the morning is doable, because it's just like I feel normally. :glare: But it's still too hot and muggy to go running in the morning in August. All I can figure is that I must get some bizarre surge in cortisol around four in the morning that takes a couple of hours to dispose of. 

I'm probably just weird, but I think it is funny that I've been morning sick my entire life, and the only thing that seems to help with the condition is to go running in the morning before doing anything else.  :laugh:

• Like 6

Have I told y'all that I'm allergic to mornings? I get sweaty, shaky, I feel nauseous, and I want to get back into the dark of my nice, cool bedroom to hide. We keep a fan running at night, and sometimes the only way I can tolerate being awake early is to sit and listen to the white noise for a while until I feel better. It does not matter what the occasion is for getting up early. I'm just as unhappy waking up early to go somewhere pleasant as somewhere unpleasant. It doesn't matter if I had a good sleep or not. 

I don't like mornings. Never have. I can deal with them, but I'm getting worse, not better as I age.

After seven, I'm fine. The only thing that has helped with morning allergy is exercise. I expect to be sweaty, shaky and nauseous for exercise, so evidently, running in the morning is doable, because it's just like I feel normally. :glare: But it's still too hot and muggy to go running in the morning in August. All I can figure is that I must get some bizarre surge in cortisol around four in the morning that takes a couple of hours to dispose of. 

I'm probably just weird, but I think it is funny that I've been morning sick my entire life, and the only thing that seems to help with the condition is to go running in the morning before doing anything else.  :laugh:

I think I have a love-hate relationship with morning.  I must be up before everyone else because I love how quiet and dark the house is.  But, yes, I wish I could sleep longer.    

Just curious, is the intensity of your allergy affected by daylight savings time or not?  I keep feeling like the sun and the clock just do not match correctly, lol.  

• Like 4

I think the motor in the borrowed air conditioner is dying. I'm not sure whether to return it while it is functional, or what to do.  The motor is making a clunking sound. I turned the fan to low and made the temperature setting warmer.

The portable ac in my bedroom (that I purchased) is still working. 

We have fans going in windows pulling in cold air, and we'll shut up the house once it's 85F outside.  The battle against humidity is being lost. I have one dehumidifier going, but levels in the house are about 70% humidity.  It's also ragweed season, so everyone's allergies and asthma are flaring.

Dh is coming home from a business trip today.  I think discussions about buying additional portable units and a generator are in the works as finances allow if we're going to keep living here for the next several years/forever.  Because, seriously, I am not Texas tough when it comes to heat and humidity.

• Like 6

Good morning, my lovely ITT Friends.

I'm doing a bit better for the moment. I've had a few really bad days, but I prevailed. A 13x9 glass baking dish shattered Monday on the stovetop. Glass was everywhere. Ds21 and I were about 2 feet away, but we did not get hurt, amazingly.

I finally slept a bit last night. I was in a fog yesterday because no sleep at all Monday night.

But everyone here is good and healthy. Ds21 has started his training and is enjoying the classes. Dd16 is doing well with school. She is taking honors classes, and she will get college credits for english, Spanish, Calculus and U.S. history. The twins are good and are liking school. Mom is doing well. Her breathing is good. No bad breathing episodes.

I hope y'all have a great day. :grouphug: + :wub:

• Like 8

Good morning.

Critter, I wonder what your bloodsugar is in the mornings. It can get too low, causing the symptoms you mentioned and then your liver pumps out more glucose, making it go higher afterwards. Or it could be cortisol because 4 am is the peak of when your body releases it.

I had a tough night physically. I'm going to try and stock up on gluten free foods today because trying to eat some camp food supplemented with my own gluten free stuff is still making my body miserable. So far I've been able to hide it but if it continues at this rate it is going to make teaching very tough.

• Like 7

Good Morning, ITT!

COFFEE!

It's gonna be another busy day. I'm taking DD1 to the ophthalmologist. I had taken her to the optometrist earlier in the summer. He said there is definitely something wrong with her vision, but he couldn't correct it with lenses. So, we get to to to another doctor. But, this is the same guy my little niece with a lot of vision problems due to juvenile arthritis goes to and my sil says he's very good. So....there you go. I will report back on that later.

Jeannie, love hearing camp updates. You are seriously "da bomb!" Hope you can feel better!

Angi, Happy Birthday to dd!

Prairie, hope you can get some coolness in your life!

Dawn, glad to have a positive update!

Critter, sorry to hear about the not feeling well!

Good morning, Lynn and Susan and Junie and AMJ!

Ya'll have a great day, now! :)

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 7

Morning!

Jean, hope you're feeling better!

Ellie, this rain HAS been nice!

Prairie, hope you have full-blown a.c. soon. Pardon the pun.

Critter, that morning allergy would suck. I, like Lynn, just like to have time awake before everyone else. But I like to sleep, too.

AMJ, my cardio today will have to count for today and yesterday, too! I just never got to it yesterday.

Today is dd birthday! She's 14!!!!!! We already had her big dinner with her friend. We're just letting her pick her meals today, and I have an ice cream cake for tonight.

I need to finish school planning!! We start tomorrow, although not our full schedule.

Dd starts guitar lessons today.

I think there's something else I need to do, but can't remember.

Have a great day, everyone!

Happy birthday to your DD!  It's also my friend's birthday, and DD12 here is practicing playing Happy Birthday on the piano so she can play it for my friend later this evening when we call her.

• Like 7

Sometimes the stories you hear from and about these kids home lives are enough to crush you. I still love camp but it isn't all puppies and rainbows.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Hugs for you for doing it (and for all of the other workers there), and thought hugs for the kids lacking in puppies and rainbows.  

Thought hugs are gentle and completely non-invasive.  They benefit folks even when the folks are completely unaware.

• Like 6

Prairie, regardless of whether you live in Texas another three or four days, three or four years, or forever, back up air conditioning is a must have. Back up everything is a must have. It has nothing to do with being tough. It is the whole be-prepared-for-disaster thing. And air out in the summer is as much of a disaster as being out of heat during a ice storm. I've done both.

I'm back from my dentist appointment. Enough said.

My morning allergy is very much affected by daylight savings time. I hate it. I hate it when it arrives and I celebrate when it is over. I don't know if it is a glucose thing or not. Never checked. But typically I do have a cup of tea in the mornings, and I like sugar with my tea. I don't usually eat breakfast until around ten, because I just can't force myself to eat when I want to throw up. But after tea, and seven, I can usually eat a little yogurt or something like that. Maybe it is a sugar thing. 

• Like 5

Math has been started.  Ground beef is thawing for the stuffed peppers I hope to get made today for supper at ILs' house tonight (I hadn't told them yet, just in case I fail to complete making them -- they can be Friday's supper if not tonight's).  Class time has been completed, and the girls know what they should be working on for the day.

The nasty surprise left in a toilet bowl overnight has been cleared and dealt with.  The kids got to hear another lecture on making sure what gets deposited gets flushed down -- you can't just hit the handle and walk away.  Really, I should have saved it for them to see so we could discuss all sorts of gross details about what happens to it as it sits there overnight (and so they could get the full sensory experience of the end result), but I REALLY needed to go and didn't want to compete upstairs right that moment for one of the other toilets.  With luck they will get the gross-out version of the lecture next time.

Time for me to get back on the treadmill and let my mind move ahead to other details.

• Like 6

Prairie, regardless of whether you live in Texas another three or four days, three or four years, or forever, back up air conditioning is a must have. Back up everything is a must have. It has nothing to do with being tough. It is the whole be-prepared-for-disaster thing. And air out in the summer is as much of a disaster as being out of heat during a ice storm. I've done both.

I'm back from my dentist appointment. Enough said.

My morning allergy is very much affected by daylight savings time. I hate it. I hate it when it arrives and I celebrate when it is over. I don't know if it is a glucose thing or not. Never checked. But typically I do have a cup of tea in the mornings, and I like sugar with my tea. I don't usually eat breakfast until around ten, because I just can't force myself to eat when I want to throw up. But after tea, and seven, I can usually eat a little yogurt or something like that. Maybe it is a sugar thing. 

Sounds like some seasonal affectiveness is factoring in.

I, myself, am a morning person, but I have learned over the years to sleep in.  I have to have it dark, though, or I can't sleep well.  To help me get up more easily in the morning I'm getting out of bed and heading to an eastern window (our bedroom window faces west) to see the sunrise colors and light -- after a minute or two gazing at that I'm better able to get going, including eating breakfast.

Now if I could just get into a routine that makes making a good protein breakfast quicker and easier I will be halfway set.

• Like 4

I'm in the mood to cook. I'm thinking I'll make my potato soup, some stuffed mushrooms, something with chicken and rice, and I think I'll go ahead and pan sear those two steaks I scored out of the reduced bin this morning. I'll make a pan sauce to go with them. And I want to experiment with a recipe from my novel. I got asked to contribute something to a cookbook that the writers' group is compiling, and I thought I'd do a little personal essay on food as a component of fantasy worldbuilding, and then do a recipe that one of my characters makes in the first part of the book. 

Anyway, I bought the quail, and now all I have to do is invent the bread and pecan stuffing and the sage-infused cream sauce that goes with it. :laugh:

• Like 5

I was planning to have tuna for lunch, but then remembered we are having salmon for dinner. Maybe we will go with pbj.

Where have all the pencils gone, long time passing?

Where have all the pencils gone, long time ago?

Where have all the pencils gone?

Young girls have lost them every one.

Oh, when will they ever learn?

Oh, when will they ever learn?

• Like 6