Menu

Ignore this thread!

What is it with dd and the toddler applesauce?  She now wants these squeezable pouches.  In my opinion, they hardly hold anything and aren't quite worth it. 

Because they're good, and portable (don't need a spoon either). My girls like them too. I'll sometimes get them when on sale.

• Like 3

I just feel sick.  Ds has been putting in over 60 hours a week at his job.  His boss then said that he could go to summer Bible camp with us.  He's been staff for the last couple of years and we really need him.  Suddenly today, another employee who was going to fill in on some stuff while ds was gone, has backed out and says that he isn't going to help out. with ds' duties at work.  I don't understand all the ins and outs of this since I'm looking at a distance and am trying not to be a helicopter mom. But this is really upsetting to a lot of people.  If you pray, a miracle would be nice right about now. 

• Like 6

:svengo:

In her defense, it was an accident. Some onion juice spilled on a huge cookie that Gymnast was supposed to share with her. Dancer offered to take the less desirable side. Thankfully, there were non-juiced areas of the cookie. I told her she could also make the box gluten-free chocolate cake this weekend. That made her happy.

• Like 4

:grouphug: Jean

:grouphug: Jean's brother

:grouphug: AMJ (feeling better I hope)

:grouphug: Prairie

:grouphug: Dawn

Good luck on the audition, Susan's dd.

Susan's DS can find a Target for dishes, I'm sure. He can get some mouthwash for Dancer while he is there.

Hello to all :)

ETA: Sending cosmic good vibes for a reversal in fortunes to be able to attend camp, Jean's DS!

ETA2: Congrats to Dancer on the CLEP! Woot! :party:

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

DS16 is playing soccer this fall.  It just occurred to me this afternoon that I am officially a Soccer Mom.  What does this mean?  Other than I end up driving hither and yon.   :)

ETA:  Awesome!  It's a Soccer Booyah!!  Here's to a great season!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 9

(((Jean)))  Praying for the situation with ds, work and camp.

(((Prairie)))

(((Dawn)))

Congratulations to Dancer!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

(((Susan)))

mommyoffive, enjoy your time alone!

Hi Ikslo!   :seeya:   Did your boss get approval from his admin to change your work station?   :lol:

• Like 5

(((Jean))) Praying for the situation with ds, work and camp.

(((Prairie)))

(((Dawn)))

Congratulations to Dancer! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

(((Susan)))

mommyoffive, enjoy your time alone!

Hi Ikslo! :seeya: Did your boss get approval from his admin to change your work station? :lol:

Not yet. She had no idea it was left up to her when I broached the subject, then said she would discuss it with her boss, the VP, when they met. Because no one can make a decision, apparently. She tried to talk me out of it, actually, but I didn't bite. My new spot sucks, and everyone knows it. It's probably why the printer ended up there in the first place.

• Like 3

Dd18's audition was great! She was shaking like a leaf before and after, but during it you would never guess she was nervous at all. She has gotten a call-back to read and sing for the part of Nancy (in Oliver).

I took ds to Walmart and we bought a few things. He called and texted one of his apartment-mates to ask if we should buy this, that, or the other thing and I'm sure about drove her nuts. We did get a toaster, cereal bowls, dinner plates, and some water glasses.

I need to veg out for a while and make my brain settle down.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 9

Dd18's audition was great! She was shaking like a leaf before and after, but during it you would never guess she was nervous at all. She has gotten a call-back to read and sing for the part of Helen (in Oliver).

I took ds to Walmart and we bought a few things. He called and texted one of his apartment-mates to ask if we should buy this, that, or the other thing and I'm sure about drove her nuts. We did get a toaster, cereal bowls, dinner plates, and some water glasses.

I need to veg out for a while and make my brain settle down.

Yay for your dd!!   :party:

• Like 1

Good morning!

Mommyoffive, hope you enjoyed your hour of quiet! Can't believe your dh was gone for a month - that's hard!

Today we drop off dd18 at her theater call-back with a bike so she can ride it home. The 4 youngers will be at home with dd13 in charge until dd18 gets home. Dh, ds21, and I will be heading to the apartment to haul all the things up three flights of stairs and then dh and I will spend the rest of the day looking for a car. (think positive think positive)

• Like 5

Dd18's audition was great! She was shaking like a leaf before and after, but during it you would never guess she was nervous at all. She has gotten a call-back to read and sing for the part of Nancy (in Oliver).

:party: :party: :party:

• Like 1

Good Morning!

COFFEE!!

Saturday Sleep-In! Yay!

Yay for Susan's dd.

Yay for furnishing apartments!

Yay for DS going to camp!

Today is going to be difficult. We are going to my cousin's funeral. He was shot and killed last week at age 59. He was always kind of the black sheep of the family. The kind of guy who just made some bad, foolish choices. But he was the nicest guy and he was the most giving and generous guy. And friendly. And he never ostracized himself from the family. He always came to everything and everyone liked him. Anyhow, he was letting a co-worker stay with him and they got in a fight and the co-worker shot him dead. It's been a terrible shock. So, the funeral is today.

• Like 4

Today is going to be difficult. We are going to my cousin's funeral. He was shot and killed last week at age 59. He was always kind of the black sheep of the family. The kind of guy who just made some bad, foolish choices. But he was the nicest guy and he was the most giving and generous guy. And friendly. And he never ostracized himself from the family. He always came to everything and everyone liked him. Anyhow, he was letting a co-worker stay with him and they got in a fight and the co-worker shot him dead. It's been a terrible shock. So, the funeral is today.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1