Menu

Ignore this thread!

I was planning to have tuna for lunch, but then remembered we are having salmon for dinner. Maybe we will go with pbj.

Where have all the pencils gone, long time passing?

Where have all the pencils gone, long time ago?

Where have all the pencils gone?

Young girls have lost them every one.

Oh, when will they ever learn?

Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the notebooks gone

long time pa-assing

where have all the notebooks gone

gone far away

where have all the notebooks gone

filled with doodles, every one!

Back to the store we go

Back to the store -- once more!

• Like 5

And, where have all the folders gone?

Long time missing,

Where have all the folders gone?

I thought I had enough,

I broke the bindings every one,

Oh, when will I ever learn,

(Who am I kidding)

I guess that I'll never learn.

• Like 5

Does anyone have a lemon cream sauce recipe? I'm thinking of doing chicken and pasta with a lemon cream sauce, and serving it cold tomorrow for lunch.  I have both lemon and cream to use up.

I spent the morning fighting software.  If you are an organization that requires the use of software for key organizational functions, support that software with upgrades and patches for known bugs. Furthermore, if your organization knows that there is an issue, and mentions it on the call support hotline, resolve that quickly in a matter of days or weeks, not months.  Finally, if you are a software support person, understand how your software works.  Giving bad advice is bad, and makes you look stupid.  If people use your software for hours only to have their work lost to your bug, they are not pleased to hear your bad advice.  

I did not cuss, and for that, I am both proud and rewarding myself with a cheese stick.

AMJ and Susan--mad lyricist skills! Great work!

I caved on shopkins. Youngest has been begging for "lemony dition" (limited edition) shopkins.  She may not know her alphabet, but she knows the back story and name of at least 60 shopkins.  :huh:

• Like 9

DS is building a Lego city.  He made a 7-11 with a counter that has lottery tickets and cigarettes/whatnot behind, a coffee station, pumps, etc.  The attendants all wear the same uniform.  It's awesome.  There is a mall, and apartment buildings and a playground with stuff for BMXers and skateboarders, there are cars, and trucks and people on the side walk going to work.  I see this as being a very expensive endeavor.  He's running out of Legos.

• Like 7

I was all set to make the potato soup and realized I was out of store-bought stock. So I had to make my own (had some chicken cooked yesterday for use in the chicken and rice dish). So now my house smells like roasting turkey and I am very happy.  :001_smile:

• Like 7

I am making a creamy lemon sauce for the salmon and rice tonight, but it doesn't have any cream in it.

6T mayo

4T lemon juice

1-2T brown sugar (to taste)

4T butter (I am trying it with "light" olive oil to make it dairy free)

2 dashes soy sauce

1/2 tsp dill

Bring all ingredients except dill to a boil. Take off heat and stir in dill. Serve warm or cold.

• Like 4

I've got a recipe for a pasta served with a lemon and basil infusion, but I'll be honest, it could have used some cream. Way too lemony. But I think if I adapted it to more of an Alfredo sauce and added some lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh chopped basil, it would be good.

• Like 2

DS is building a Lego city. He made a 7-11 with a counter that has lottery tickets and cigarettes/whatnot behind, a coffee station, pumps, etc. The attendants all wear the same uniform. It's awesome. There is a mall, and apartment buildings and a playground with stuff for BMXers and skateboarders, there are cars, and trucks and people on the side walk going to work. I see this as being a very expensive endeavor. He's running out of Legos.

This sounds amazing! Can you post any pictures? Little Ds has been showing an interest in Legos.

I'm outta likes.

• Like 4

You guys are so gourmet.  I have never made a lemon sauce in my life.  In fact, I'm not sure I have made a homemade sauce ever.  Okay, I make homemade chocolate sauce (priorities, right?).  I once made an alfredo-like sauce.  Ish.  Spaghetti sauce comes from a can, although I have tried it from scratch in a pinch.  And I do make it from scratch for lasagna.  That's it.  

• Like 4

Wednesday noon camp update:

It is definitely hump day for staff and kids. This is the day we say "what are we doing? And more importantly, WHY?" But we will get over it by the end of the week and will be saying "camp's done already? WHY?

The kids still haven't used up all my perler beads. Why?

Sharks and Minnows tag went well.

Hula hoop relay was a bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6

I found a copycat version of what I was craving...chicken amalfi:

http://www.aayisrecipes.com/pizzas-and-pastas/angel-hair-pasta-in-lemon-cream-sauce-with-chicken/

Wow - I have never heard of this dish, but I am so going to make it at some point! My primary question, of course, is if I can triple the sauce recipe and freeze it? :D I also need to pick up some sun dried tomatoes.

Oooh, and with mushrooms, and maybe some green beans on the side. Did I eat lunch today? :D

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Hey sweet, awesome ladies that I miss so much!

I am just on a drive by because I had to get some ideas on German resources. This summer was so NOT the summer of getting things done. June and July were eaten by the ILs. So here I am in August, frantically trying to finish up my planning.

I was hoping that ITT was still going strong:-)

I'll try to pop in again soon.

Hugs, prayers, laughs and applause for all who need them!

• Like 11

And, where have all the folders gone?

Long time missing,

I thought I had enough,

I broke the bindings every one,

Oh, when will I ever learn,

(Who am I kidding)

I guess that I'll never learn.

Why has my internet gone down

for the 5th time today

why has my internet gone down

so far away

Why the bugs and cra-ashes

whenever we try to do lessons

You'd think computers, too

want summer to never end.

• Like 5

Does anyone have a lemon cream sauce recipe? I'm thinking of doing chicken and pasta with a lemon cream sauce, and serving it cold tomorrow for lunch.  I have both lemon and cream to use up.

I spent the morning fighting software.  If you are an organization that requires the use of software for key organizational functions, support that software with upgrades and patches for known bugs. Furthermore, if your organization knows that there is an issue, and mentions it on the call support hotline, resolve that quickly in a matter of days or weeks, not months.  Finally, if you are a software support person, understand how your software works.  Giving bad advice is bad, and makes you look stupid.  If people use your software for hours only to have their work lost to your bug, they are not pleased to hear your bad advice.  

I did not cuss, and for that, I am both proud and rewarding myself with a cheese stick.

AMJ and Susan--mad lyricist skills! Great work!

I caved on shopkins. Youngest has been begging for "lemony dition" (limited edition) shopkins.  She may not know her alphabet, but she knows the back story and name of at least 60 shopkins.  :huh:

You can tell her you are making a "lemony dition" sauce for the chicken tonight!

• Like 3

So, I was working on letters with Gymnast outside. I had drawn the letter in the dirt and we were walking them in the order one writes them, and saying little jingles to remember ("walk down the I, give it a hat and shoes"). She looked at me like I was weird. I looked at her and told her she was a boring kindergartener.  :lol:

I am not ketchupped. I mustard.

• Like 7

Math has been started.  Ground beef is thawing for the stuffed peppers I hope to get made today for supper at ILs' house tonight (I hadn't told them yet, just in case I fail to complete making them -- they can be Friday's supper if not tonight's).  Class time has been completed, and the girls know what they should be working on for the day.

The nasty surprise left in a toilet bowl overnight has been cleared and dealt with.  The kids got to hear another lecture on making sure what gets deposited gets flushed down -- you can't just hit the handle and walk away.  Really, I should have saved it for them to see so we could discuss all sorts of gross details about what happens to it as it sits there overnight (and so they could get the full sensory experience of the end result), but I REALLY needed to go and didn't want to compete upstairs right that moment for one of the other toilets.  With luck they will get the gross-out version of the lecture next time.

Time for me to get back on the treadmill and let my mind move ahead to other details.

Dd16 said she would have saved it for them to look at. Then she rambled on, which I was only half-way listening to, until she got to the part about them "taking it out and dissecting it." You know, just to teach them a lesson, says she.

• Like 3

I am just on a drive by because I had to get some ideas on German resources. This summer was so NOT the summer of getting things done. June and July were eaten by the ILs. So here I am in August, frantically trying to finish up my planning.

Yay! Mom stopped by!!

Nice to see you!

• Like 3

Anyway, I bought the quail, and now all I have to do is invent the bread and pecan stuffing and the sage-infused cream sauce that goes with it. :laugh:

Dd16 said she'd like to collaborate with you. She sooo tasted the dish when I read it to her and said she had ideas. She said she'd give you cooking ideas if you'd teach her to write!  :laugh:

• Like 4

Dd16 said she would have saved it for them to look at. Then she rambled on, which I was only half-way listening to, until she got to the part about them "taking it out and dissecting it." You know, just to teach them a lesson, says she.

I like the way your DD16 thinks.  Right up my alley!  Only reason I didn't save it was I REALLY wanted to use that toilet PDQ.

• Like 2

Hi!! Waving madly!! 👋👋👋

So glad you popped in!! How is your hair? Do you have a good creamy lemon sauce for cold chicken and pasta?

• Like 4

Dd16 said she'd like to collaborate with you. She sooo tasted the dish when I read it to her and said she had ideas. She said she'd give you cooking ideas if you'd teach her to write! :laugh:

OK so I have a bunch of unseasoned pulled pork that I'd like to use to make something close to carnitas tacos. But the pork has no seasoning and I need to know what kind of seasonings I can add to make it taste at least a little authentic.

I was planning to use flour tortillas with cabbage and peach/mango salsa.

• Like 2

OK so I have a bunch of unseasoned pulled pork that I'd like to use to make something close to carnitas tacos. But the pork has no seasoning and I need to know what kind of seasonings I can add to make it taste at least a little authentic.

I was planning to use flour tortillas with cabbage and peach/mango salsa.

:drool5:  You have an IP, right? Since the pork is already cooked (?) you just want the seasoning to penetrate. So maybe some oregano, cumin, onion, garlic. I usually buy mine prepared, already in the tacos or tortas. :D

ETA: And if you're making salsa with fruit, it's not even a little authentic.  :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

Remind me that it's all for the kids because I'm pretty p.o'd about a number of things right now.

You are giving them love and showing them the love of God. These are two things many of them never get. They will remember it always.
  • Like 5

Remind me that it's all for the kids because I'm pretty p.o'd about a number of things right now.

Yes, it's for the kids and bringing kids into the kingdom. All the other things are no doubt important, but also a distraction from the mission. You are doing good work.

And tomorrow is hump day.

• Like 4

:drool5: You have an IP, right? Since the pork is already cooked (?) you just want the seasoning to penetrate. So maybe some oregano, cumin, onion, garlic. I usually buy mine prepared, already in the tacos or tortas. :D

ETA: And if you're making salsa with fruit, it's not even a little authentic. :tongue_smilie:

Yep - cooked it in the IP. I will stick that stuff in and *forget about the fruit. I saw it on the internet and it sounded good. Humph*. Regular salsa, then? Like you get in the plastic containers in the deli area? I don't mix peppers in with stuff (like the pulled pork) since dh is allergic to them. But the rest of us can put on a scoop or two.

• Like 2

Yep - cooked it in the IP. I will stick that stuff in and *forget about the fruit. I saw it on the internet and it sounded good. Humph*. Regular salsa, then? Like you get in the plastic containers in the deli area? I don't mix peppers in with stuff (like the pulled pork) since dh is allergic to them. But the rest of us can put on a scoop or two.

Salsa is added separately in individual plates, not with the meat. You can fix the fruit salsa if you want. I was just teasing you. :D (It's still not authentic, but some people like it). You can try the deli salsa, or deli pico de gallo for a change. I like pico de gallo because it's fast, and I'm lazy (tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro chopped and thrown together with a squeeze or so of lemon). Cumin has a mild, but distinct flavor that salsa can cover up. Pico can enhance it. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

I have ketchupped. Now I need to go scrub a tired, dirty, smelly goat. 

Dd16 said she'd like to collaborate with you. She sooo tasted the dish when I read it to her and said she had ideas. She said she'd give you cooking ideas if you'd teach her to write!   :laugh:

So did I! It's what one of my sub-major characters served. I had no idea what he was fixing, so I just sat back and watched him make it while I wrote what he did. Unfortunately, he's one of those people who don't need to measure--they just know, so I'm kind of stuck on exactly how and what went into the food. I know he roasted the quail. The stuffing was put on the butterflied quail and toasted, so I know that he must have baked it separately. No rice involved. Big chunks of rustic bread toasted and crisp. Aromatics, and either roasted chestnuts or pecans? Maybe hickory or butternuts, but those are hard to come by, so I thought I'd stay with a domestic and local nut (pecan). The sauce was absolutely white, and involved wine. To de-glaze after aromatics? Not sure. But I know he used wine. And shallots. And mushrooms. (The protagonist helped to chop the shallots, mushrooms and herbs-thyme, sage)

So now I get to invent the whole recipe, because the writers' group wants a recipe, and that one sounded really good. :laugh:

I don't know how to teach anybody how to write other than to say, "Let the movie play in your mind, and move the camera around." That's what I do. I see it, and I direct the focus of the writing where the action is. Also-don't worry a thing about spelling, grammar, plot or any other component when you write a first draft. Just let it flow. You deal with that mess during revision. It gets in the way of creation, so lock up the inner editor in a closet, and let him out when you are ready to revise. 

• Like 7

I don't know how to teach anybody how to write other than to say, "Let the movie play in your mind, and move the camera around." That's what I do. I see it, and I direct the focus of the writing where the action is. Also-don't worry a thing about spelling, grammar, plot or any other component when you write a first draft. Just let it flow. You deal with that mess during revision. It gets in the way of creation, so lock up the inner editor in a closet, and let him out when you are ready to revise. 

I do fine with the mind camera.  It's the "getting it into words" part that I have trouble with.

And as far as the editor, this is exactly why I let my creative writers be creative spellers.  The editing can all be done later.  Once the creative juices stop flowing, it is sometimes impossible to re-start.

• Like 3

You are doing it for the kids.  You are doing it for the kids.  You are doing it for the kids.  And whomever is p'ing you o had better get their act in shape and knock it off.

• Like 4

Salsa is added separately in individual plates, not with the meat. You can fix the fruit salsa if you want. I was just teasing you. :D (It's still not authentic, but some people like it). You can try the deli salsa, or deli pico de gallo for a change. I like pico de gallo because it's fast, and I'm lazy (tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro chopped and thrown together with a squeeze or so of lemon). Cumin has a mild, but distinct flavor that salsa can cover up. Pico can enhance it. But that's just my opinion.

But tomatoes, peppers, and lemons are fruit....

• Like 3