Menu

If it came down to it and you had to choose...

Ann.without.an.e

Probably breakfast, and I say that as a coffee drinker.

It would depend on what I was allowed to add to the coffee (bulletproof coffee with an egg? I might go with that) and when I would be able to eat, though.

This is influenced by the fact that lunch is often 2pm (with breakfast at 5am), and I'm exclusively breastfeeding.

I typically wait 12 hours between my last consumption of food and my first meal of the day. So, if I am awake and eat something at midnight, my body is naturally not hungry till around lunch time  :) I know that seems backwards to many but my body is the most happy with this schedule.

It makes sense. The same is true for me, except I rarely eat after 7 or 8pm.

I don't drink (coffee), so definitely breakfast. :D

Pie should have been on the list. Then it would have been a struggle. :drool5:

Sometimes I eat pie for breakfast. Put fruit pie in a bowl and pour milk over it -- figure the crust counts as "cereal".

Yeah, I'm a visionary.

Breakfast! Coffee is a recent addition to my morning and I can manage without it. I wake up starving. I take medicine that I am supposed to wait an hour before eating after I take it. I miserably followed those instructions for a couple years and then decided I was going to eat and only follow the instructions if I saw negative effects. I haven't.

What type of breakfast?  And how soon after getting up do you usually eat?  Just curious. :)

I personally drink a cup of hot tea, a piece of dry whole grain toast (Rudi's Bakery Nut-n-Oat's) and a banana.  I can't really handle more than that.  I usually eat within an hour of getting up.  Believe it or not, I actually really like my toast plain.  On the weekends I get crazy and add just a touch of cream cheese and jam to the toast, but I couldn't stomach that every day.  If we go out for breakfast, I might order pancakes and turkey bacon or maybe grits (if they have them), but that is a very rare exception.  

While we were in WDW a few weeks back, breakfast was not my favorite thing, as getting just toast and fruit was difficult.  You wouldn't think it would be, but at the hotel food court (we stayed on property), most of the places to get b'fast only had the options of pancakes, waffles, omelets or a full b'fast of eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc.  You could get fruit as a side option though.  It was just too much for my stomach.  I didn't eat much, but I knew I had to eat something, or I would have dropped before lunch.