Menu

What color are your toenails?

Scook86

The color I was born with. My first thought when reading the thread title was that you were wondering if your toenails were an odd color naturally. Nail polish totally didn't occur to me. I have, on occasion, painted them a light pink.

Naked Nails by Sheep Lady Mama

:laugh: Wow!  We are wearing the same color.  I did think about painting them earlier today b/c I thought Dd would have fun with it, but opted not to deal with the mess.

The color I was born with. My first thought when reading the thread title was that you were wondering if your toenails were an odd color naturally. Nail polish totally didn't occur to me. I have, on occasion, painted them a light pink.

LOL! I thought about that when writing the title but figured I could explain myself in the description.

Shiny midnight blue with a top coat of glitter. I don't normally paint my toenails, but my 9-year-old did them for me so I'd have something to look at while lying around trying to be patient about recovering from surgery.

Thank you for this fun thread Scook. :) Now I have some ideas for my next several colors, colors I haven't thought about in a while. I like light or bright in summer, dark in winter. I might go with light blue next.

Yes, thanks!

I was thinking about a light blue also. I don't think I have a light blue in my abundant nail polish collection. Alas, I will have to buy one. :D

Well, looks like I am going to have to go buy another red nail polish next weekend. The new one I bought today is too orange for me. It's fine for now, but I wanted more of a true red. Good thing it was cheap, lol. I hate spending 8.50 on nail polish, so I always go for cheap.

I noticed a couple years ago that, at least among the people I see, bare toenails aren't acceptable if the toes are visible. Unpainted fingernails are fine, common even. But not toenails. And I don't know why. And I don't hang out with women who wear makeup or have 'done' hair. But they all have toenail polish in sandal season. It's weird, right?

I will get a pedi next month. I have found a professional pedicure lasts a really long time. I usually get two a summer and that is enough. They cost 20$ around here.

Shiny midnight blue with a top coat of glitter. I don't normally paint my toenails, but my 9-year-old did them for me so I'd have something to look at while lying around trying to be patient about recovering from surgery.

So sweet! Hope you feel better soon!

I paint my nails at home. I have too short an attention span (and too huge a cosmetic bag full of nail polish) to want to stick with a single color for more than a week. :lol:

I hear ya. No professional pedis for me. I can't stand other people touching my feet. They are so ticklish, it literally sends me through the roof. LOL!

I just touched them up yesterday. I only do my toenails. I don't do my fingernails because they chip too easily no matter how I try to protect the polish. I get a pedicure when I can spring for one, and do them myself when I can't.

I'm the same way. Maybe I need to buy better quality polish. Not to mention I suck at painting with my non dominant hand. It turns out about as good as when Ds does them for me. ;)

I noticed a couple years ago that, at least among the people I see, bare toenails aren't acceptable if the toes are visible. Unpainted fingernails are fine, common even. But not toenails. And I don't know why. And I don't hang out with women who wear makeup or have 'done' hair. But they all have toenail polish in sandal season. It's weird, right?

I don't think it is weird. I never paint my fingernails. I work with my hands way too much, it doesn't last at all. I keep my toes painted pretty much all of the time (except when I live somewhere with a sock/boot season).

I will get a pedi next month. I have found a professional pedicure lasts a really long time. I usually get two a summer and that is enough. They cost 20$ around here.

How long is summer where you live? ;) I don't do professional pedicures very often because I am ticklish (like some of the other posters), but they do last me 3-4 weeks. I can get away with doing it myself (especially using a base cost, good nail polish and a good top coat), but I like the fancy designs! Maybe one of my daughters could help out?

Good to know! That actually makes sense to me. Toenails would be nicer looking painted.  I don't wear open toe shoes/sandals. If that changes in the future, I'll make sure I polish my toes.

OPI's Bogota Blackberry.  It's the exact color (same bottle, too!) that I wore on my wedding day.  I polished my toenails with my wedding color for my 20th anniversary last month. :001_wub:

Yeah- be jealous- I can STILL fit into my nail polish from my wedding day.  :lol:

Of course, I can probably only fit my big toe into my wedding gown, now. :glare:

Mine are a bright pink.

I'm excited to try a new product I found this weekend for my daughter. She loves to paint her nails but with swimming they only last a day. Even with the gel nail polish ($$) it only lasts a few days, plus the nail salon only recommends gel nails a couple times a year for kids.

At a meet we ran into an old friend who had the prettiest pattern on her nails and told us about the Jamberry Nails vinyl wraps. She said they are holding up well for her, a wheelchair user, when typically nail polish won't stay on her nails due to the abuse her nails go through hitting the wheels all day. After googling the product, and YouTube videos, I have some on the way and I'm hopeful we might get a week out of a set. They have so many different options my youngest can't wait for them to show up.

I'll try to post back after she tries them.

Mine are a bright pink.

I'm excited to try a new product I found this weekend for my daughter. She loves to paint her nails but with swimming they only last a day. Even with the gel nail polish ($$) it only lasts a few days, plus the nail salon only recommends gel nails a couple times a year for kids.

At a meet we ran into an old friend who had the prettiest pattern on her nails and told us about the Jamberry Nails vinyl wraps. She said they are holding up well for her, a wheelchair user, when typically nail polish won't stay on her nails due to the abuse her nails go through hitting the wheels all day. After googling the product, and YouTube videos, I have some on the way and I'm hopeful we might get a week out of a set. They have so many different options my youngest can't wait for them to show up.

I'll try to post back after she tries them.

I've tried the nail wraps before. I did a French manicure style and it lasted 2 weeks! They were a pain in the booty to apply but looked great once on. I bought the Sally Hansen ones.

I don't think it is weird. I never paint my fingernails. I work with my hands way too much, it doesn't last at all. I keep my toes painted pretty much all of the time (except when I live somewhere with a sock/boot season).

How long is summer where you live? ;) I don't do professional pedicures very often because I am ticklish (like some of the other posters), but they do last me 3-4 weeks. I can get away with doing it myself (especially using a base cost, good nail polish and a good top coat), but I like the fancy designs! Maybe one of my daughters could help out?

I live in upstate NY. We just got spring. We are still in the time of year when it is permissible to say to complete strangers on the street, "Can you believe we are outside without a coat?" and the other person agrees and smiles. 

Summer is from the end of June to the middle to end of August. It will still be hot in August, but the nights start getting cooler. 

So, two pedicures for summer, which each last 4 weeks. And I haven't got my first one yet, that would be wasting it.

And this orange-y red is starting to annoy me. I guess my day has been pretty easy if I can feel irked by my nail polish. First world problems, I tell ya

Summer is from the end of June to the middle to end of August. It will still be hot in August, but the nights start getting cooler.

So, two pedicures for summer, which each last 4 weeks. And I haven't got my first one yet, that would be wasting it.

Geez! I'm in TX and our summers start in May and don't end until mid-end of October. So, that's about half of the year spent in flip-flops or sandals.

Geez! I'm in TX and our summers start in May and don't end until mid-end of October. So, that's about half of the year spent in flip-flops or sandals.

That's summer here in Florida too, and we wear open toe shoes year round. Even when it isn't summer, it's still warm. I rarely wear closed shoes.

I'm in Northern Nevada, where we *do* actually get winter (and snow!), but I still keep my toes painted about 90% of the time because I love Yoga, and I hate going into downward dog and seeing my pale, undecorated tootsies. :p