Menu

If you have a cat...? poll

jewellsmommy

If you have a cat...  

122 members have voted

1. 1. If you find your cat in your bathroom sink, soundly sleeping and looking sweet and cute, when you go to brush your teeth, do you:

• remove him from the sink
    • brush your teeth utilizing the bath tub
    • go to another bathroom (assuming you have one)
    • I've never had cats, therefore this is not a problem for me
    • other

Just wondering.

I found my cat sleeping in the bathroom sink. So I brushed my teeth in the bathtub. I didn't want to take my stuff downstairs. Dh came upstairs and he made the sweet kitty move. He is a cat person but said that the cat had a million other places to sleep so he didn't need a sink too.  :lol:

So if you have a cat or ever had a cat, answer the poll. If you never had a cat there is an option for you too.

It would depend on how tired I am, how cute the cat is, and whether or not the kids are using the other sink upstairs. I would not go downstairs, though. The cat could go out of the sink before I'd go back downstairs.

But, sigh, your post really makes me miss my most recent cat. I loved you, Lucky Boy. I miss you.

I would move the cat. Our current cat rarely sleeps in the sink. He does love licking up water from the sink or tub, though, and sometimes will wait outside the bathroom door for the person to be done with their shower. Then he slinks in guiltily to enjoy his drink. But if he sees anyone watching him he'll run away.

It would depend on how tired I am, how cute the cat is, and whether or not the kids are using the other sink upstairs. I would not go downstairs, though. The cat could go out of the sink before I'd go back downstairs.

But, sigh, your post really makes me miss my most recent cat. I loved you, Lucky Boy. I miss you.

awww, I'm sorry you've lost a sweet kitty. :crying:

I've had cats for most of my life and am currently watching my grandkitten. I'd use the bathtub, toilet, or a cup for my teeth and if it was dgk I'd probably snap a picture and think it was cute.

Ours don't sleep in sinks, but if one did, yes, we'd go for the camera.  Then I'd use the kitchen sink downstairs.

However, when they are in my chair sleeping, they get moved.  Many times they'll share, but I prefer when I have the bottom and they have the top.

Loved hearing about the shower kitty!  I'll admit I've never heard of one of those before.  We've had plenty who insisted upon being lap kitties or shadow kitties (including in the bathroom), but we've never had any insist on joining in the shower.

I have a cat that loves our master bath sink. I usually just turn the spout on a little dribble. She moves. She doesn't seem to hold it against me, still cuddles with me enough to be super annoying.

I love my cats and they love me too....but I couldnot resist the temptation of turning on the faucet. Just couldn't! ðŸ˜

Other -- We have double sinks in both full bathrooms, and one half bath.  So plenty of sinks to choose from.

I feel compelled to post a "just in case" PSA here -- If you have a cat who doesn't normally hang around sinks and starts doing so, keep an eye on urination.  For whatever strange reason, some cats who have UTIs will seek out the cool, ceramic surface of sinks and tubs to do their business.

I'd take a picture, give a little chin scratch and then start the water very slowly and step back to avoid the coming moment of kitty claws flying.  We only have 1 bathroom and therefore 1 sink for brushing teeth so kitty must go.  Now that said if it was my youngest kitten I would lift her out, but the older 2 would have me laughing at their dash out of the sink when they realize the trickle of water is there.  Though given my littlest kitty just jumped on my back and climbed it like a tree trunk and I am sure I am bleeding from multiple spots not, I might let her get the water too.

My cat always perks up when I walk into the bathroom while she is sleeping in the sink so I voted other. She loves when the water is on, she knows I come to turn it on for her to drink...brushing my teeth is just secondary.

We used to have a kitty that would only drink cool running water, so she would run from me to teh sink meowing when she was thirsty letting me know to turn it on.  My current 3 prefer to use the toilet bowl.  Th dogs always have their faces in the water dishes in the kitchen and all 3 kitties don't like that and have started drinking the toilet water.  They don't like when water is running usually, but Willow my middle one likes to sit on the side of the tub and visit with you if you try to soak in the tub