Menu

2013-2014 School Year Plans

Here's what I have planned for DD8 (very accelerated)

Language arts-

Athena's Academy Advanced Intermediate Literature (she LOVES these classes)

Continue with MCT LA Town, focusing on writing, some Bravewriter units, NaNoWriMo

Spelling Bee, National Mythology Exam and National Language Arts League prep.

Cursive copywork (Draw and write through history)

Math

LoF Algebra (Beginning, maybe moving into Advanced)

AOPS Pre-Algebra

Math contest prep

Monthly Math club/group (DD really wants to do this. I'm hoping we'll have some interested kids)

Science

LoF Physics and additional books/materials

Continue to audit Zoology classes online

History

AAA SOTW history class (I'm lukewarm about this, but DD really wants to do it)

Continue with middle school World History book

Draw and Write through History

Maybe Mapping the World by Heart-I have it on the shelf, but I'm still not sure it's a good fit for DD

Latin

Cambridge Latin-Finish 2, move into 3, both live and online

Monthly ELE/NLE study group

Spanish

DuoLingo Spanish

Probably at least one other language on Mango or Duolingo or both.

Art-DD really wants to do some sort of formal artist study this year. We'll try and see-so far, we've tried almost every year and it fizzles about October

Piano lessons, tumbling classes, cheer team, and maybe Ballet if I can find somewhere that will let her do it recreationally (she doesn't want to do dance seriously, but does like ballet and getting to wear a pretty costume at recital).

I think next year will be another year that mostly comes down to "Contest prep and anything else DD wants to do".

We have:

Mango (free) for Spanish (our library system has it)

SM 2b/3a maybe moving onto 3b

Greek for Children Primer A

Getting Started with Latin

Ancient History review and Middle Ages with corresponding literature (Oxford's History for Children)

Earth Science/Astronomy (Love Mr. Q)

MCT combo of Island and Town levels

Cursive (New American Cursive)

Poetry (MCT Music of the Hemispheres)

Spelling (Free from McGraw Hill)

Piano will continue outside lesson

Karate will be once or twice a week

Religion--Children's Garden of Theotokos

Geography

I have a daughter who is 3. Here's what we're planning:

I ordered one unit of Moving Beyond the Page 5-7. It should be here next week. If it works for us, that will be a general language arts/social studies/science curriculum.

Reading: continue Bob books, then graduate to easy readers. If we get stuck somewhere, I'll take another look at phonics programs.

Math: RightStart Math

Logic: workbooks from Critical Thinking Company.

Fine motor: Kumon fine motor workbooks until she shows more interest and ability for handwriting. Then probably Zaner-Bloser.

Art: she does self-directed art daily. Will add in ideas from Preschool Art.

Swimming classes, open gymnastics classes, and a "discovery time" at the local children's science museum

I look at all that and it seems like so much. But it's just what we've been doing (except the MBtP) and it averages about 25 minutes a day.

Hi Embassy, I like your new name. I was actually reading about your plans on your blog earlier today as I try to sort through next year.

My own plans are not set in stone yet, so far I have:

Honeybee:

MATH

finish MM5, move on to MM6--she has been working through this program at a rate of more than two levels a year, so unless things change that won't take us the whole year. We will probably start adding Right Start geometry back into the mix, which would stretch things out. After that my current plan is to move on to AOPS prealgebra

LANGUAGE ARTS

I'm trying to pull together a literature list, probably one that I will let her choose books from (so maybe twice as many as I actually expect her to read); this would be challenging books for formal study, I need to come up with another list to feed her voracious appetite for free reading. She has asked for a grammar program, and I'm not sure what we will do yet. I have the Bridge to the Latin Road on my shelf as well as some Michael Clay Thompson, but we may end up with PHP materials. This is a student who likes to have things clearly laid out for her. She also still needs handwriting practice to develop more fluency, I probably just need to get her back into journal writing. And then we need to do typing practice consistently.

FOREIGN LANGUAGE:

Eek! This is the one I have the hardest time figuring out. Foreign language study is a core subject in my homeschool, but I have a hard time finding materials for elementary aged children that take a logical and effective approach to teaching the language. In addition, Honeybee is at a point where she is really ready to work independently ahead of what until now has been group work with all the children together. She is currently studying Koine Greek on her own using the Open Texture Elementary Greek series, and their format (short, well structured lessons) works well for her. I wish there were similar programs for the other languages we are trying to study. Our family study languages are Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), and Spanish. At the beginning of the year I was doing Getting Started with Spanish with Honeybee and that seemed to be going well, we just got busy and it fell by the wayside but she can definitely pick that up again and should be able to do the work independently. I am also planning to have her work on duolingo Spanish. Arabic and Mandarin are my real challenges (that is one reason I was reading Embassy's blog as she teaches those same languages). I want to find a program to teach the Arabic alphabet that Honeybee could work through relatively independently (the same way she learned the Greek alphabet). We have Alif Baa, but it is not easy for her to use alone--I have to do the teaching. I am not sure what there is for Mandarin that she could do on her own. During our family language study time we are currently using the Michel Thomas CDs (for all three languages).

MUSIC

This is another core subject for us; I am in the process of finding a violin teacher for Honeybee, she really needs someone other than Mom doing the teaching at this point. She is interested in Irish fiddling to go along with her Irish dance, so we are looking for opportunities for her to pursue that as well. She isn't a musical prodigy type, but she is serious about practicing. I recently bought her a viola as well, I like the flexibility of being able to play both instruments (especially as orchestras and ensembles always need violists). She will continue with piano at a casual pace.

Science: Not sure, I've been looking at RSO Biology level II. I need to read through the sample pages more closely.

History: We've been doing a modified version of TOG and plan to stick with that, we are back to Year 1 (ancients) this year.

Jumping Spider:

This is the one I am stressing over planning for right now. I take a laid-back approach to formal schooling in the early years, and try to add in more structure around age 8. Jumping Spider turns 8 this year :ohmy:. He needs a lot more external structure than his sister, and providing that doesn't come easily to me. He's an interesting kid to try to figure out--does amazing things when he is internally driven, but can resist external direction indefinitely. He also has some performance anxiety and perfectionist tendencies that took me awhile to recognize because they display differently than they did in Honeybee.

MATH: I'm hoping Beast Academy will be a good fit. He has not done formal math consistently up to this point, but has a good intuitive grasp of concepts whenever they do come up. He has worked through parts of MM 1B-2B, but needs more practice with adding and subtracting with regrouping. I have thought for a long time that a Math on the Level approach would be ideal for him, where I could tailor the program to his specific needs. I just don't have the time to pull that together. So my current rather vague plan is to work on the regrouping operations this summer, probably using a white board (or maybe even sidewalk chalk) and also have him work on xtramath.org for fact practice, then start BA 3 in the fall. Honeybee didn't do much formal math either until she was almost eight and a half, then she zoomed through MM 2A-4B in about 15 months. We'll see how things go with Jumping Spider. He does enjoy reading the LOF books, so if it fits in the budget I may add to our Fred collection.

LANGUAGE ARTS:

He needs handwriting practice, we will probably focus on copywork this year. Current plan is to spend a few months practicing manuscript writing, then move on to cursive. I will use the StartWrite program to make copywork pages. Also need to get him typing...

For literature, I plan to do something similar to what I am doing with Honeybee--make up a list of books I want him to read and let him choose from among them. I don't see a need for formal grammar at this point.

FOREIGN LANGUAGE:

Again, wrestling with this. I would like to get him doing some independent work in at least one language, probably Spanish. I don't know yet what program I want to use. Suggestions are welcome! He might enjoy duolingo, or it might be frustrating to him. I actually need to sit down with him and talk about what he wants to do for language study. When I asked him last year what language he wanted to study he said French, but the materials I could find for French were not ones he could use independently and I didn't have the time to work one on one with him on it. French would be the easiest the language for me to teach so if that is what he wants we should be able to find a way to make it work. I unfortunately had to drop it from my plans for family language study because dream as I might we don't have time for everything I want to do. He will continue with the family language study, which is mostly geared towards familiarization.

Music: Jumping Spider started cello about a year ago, and has progressed in fits and starts. We are taking a break from lessons right now but will start again by the fall. There is a small children's orchestra starting up in the fall that I am interested in having the children play in, so I really need to work on note reading with him. He will also continue with piano.

Science: Nothing formal, he likes things hands on so the plan is to let him loose with Snap circuits and some Thames and Kosmos kits.

History: This has actually been one of Jumping Spider's primary interests this past year, I think he must have the Story of the World CD's memorized he has listened to them so many times. I expect he will enjoy our study of Ancient History. When he is interested in a topic Jumping Spider can burn through every related book in the library. Again, not planning much formal work here, just letting him run with his interests.

Ladybug:

This one is intense and craves individual attention. I keep contemplating getting a pre-planned curriculum package for her just so that there is something scheduled for me to work with her on every day. I'm not much for following someone else's plans, but Ladybug tends to get lost in the shuffle and having something planned out for each day might be the incentive I need to work individually with her. We're slowly working our way through 100EZ Lessons, and I expect her reading to take off anytime in the coming months. She really enjoys Miquon math and asks to do that, I have also considered one of the beginning Singapore programs (Essentials or Earlybird). And something for beginning handwriting...Again, formal academics are really not my emphasis at this point, I just need something consistent to keep her happy. Reading will help a lot--Ladybug is a very verbal child, I really expected her to be an early reader but it hasn't turned out that way. She loves to be read to, though. In fact she just listened to Honeybee read all of Talking to Dragons to her in the last two days. If she doesn't start reading herself soon to keep her busy mind happy I may have to enlist Honeybees help to read to her more often. Honeybee seems to enjoy that and it makes for nice sister bonding time.

For our group studies, I desperately need the time for major planning and organizing. I want to try something new for our foreign language study: this year we tried to do Arabic, Chinese, and Spanish each one day a week, with memory work thrown in on the off days. I think we really need longer chunks of focused study time, so this coming year I am thinking of rotating month by month. So September we might focus on Arabic all month, the October Chinese, and November Spanish--studying and speaking as much as possible. For the languages that are not our focus for the month we will keep reviewing what we have learned during memory period, so we don't lose ground in between. In theory I like this plan, we will see how it plays out in practice. I need to sit down and re-organize our memory system to make this work.

I can't shake the feeling that I am forgetting something significant, though I don't know what... of course, wrangling a toddler and preschooler in the mix will take up more time and energy than I ever remember to plan in. Maybe that is what I am forgetting...

I want to find a program to teach the Arabic alphabet that Honeybee could work through relatively independently (the same way she learned the Greek alphabet). We have Alif Baa, but it is not easy for her to use alone--I have to do the teaching. I am not sure what there is for Mandarin that she could do on her own. During our family language study time we are currently using the Michel Thomas CDs (for all three languages).

I highly recommend the Arabiah app for learning the Arabic alphabet. It can be done independently. Alif Baa is more for learning how to read and write as well as train your ear to hear the sounds of Arabic. I wouldn't use it independently at a young age. My diligent 11 year old is just starting to be able to do it independently, but I am there guiding him on what to do next, telling him when he is ready to move on, and checking his work. There are tons of Mandarin apps out there that can be used independently. My kids like Crazy Chinese Flashcards. It would only be useful for learning a little vocabulary. There are also apps on learning to hear the tones. Dance Party may be a good one to try.

HTH

I highly recommend the Arabiah app for learning the Arabic alphabet. It can be done independently. Alif Baa is more for learning how to read and write as well as train your ear to hear the sounds of Arabic. I wouldn't use it independently at a young age. My diligent 11 year old is just starting to be able to do it independently, but I am there guiding him on what to do next, telling him when he is ready to move on, and checking his work. There are tons of Mandarin apps out there that can be used independently. My kids like Crazy Chinese Flashcards. It would only be useful for learning a little vocabulary. There are also apps on learning to hear the tones. Dance Party may be a good one to try.

HTH

Ah, you add further evidence to my conviction that we really need an ipad for school...:)

We're using Moving Beyond the Page levels 9-11 and 5-7 this upcoming year, but also using selected units of MBtP over the summer as well. This will cover our language arts/social studies/science.

We will continue MM and Life of Fred with my oldest (4th grade). I'm using Enki for math for my youngest (1st grade).

Both boys play sports are are in piano lessons. Both will take art and science classes locally.

Trying to decide if we will keep up with Latin for my oldest.

My 4th grader:

Math

Mathematics: A human endeavour by Jacobs (for teaching investigations)

Pizzazz PreAlgebra (for drill of negative numbers, percentages, basic algebra etc)

Review with SM CWP5&6

Language arts

Composition: my design! Literary analysis, creative writing, persuasive writing, report writing

Vocab: MCT CE

Poetry: MCT

Grammar: KISS

Literature: Working way through the rest of the Puffin classics

Foreign Language

Mandarin with a tutor

Latin - GSWL, and then move to Latin Prep

Science: Physics

The Way Things Work by Mccaulay

Coursera class of the same name (but not using their text)

Thames and Kosmos physics kit; an electronics kit

Science Fair project: TBA

Humanities

Philosophy for kids

Irrational Thinking (Coursera course)

The Art of Argument

Modern History with his dad! I have made up a wonderful nonfiction book list!

The Arts

Violin: ABRSM grade 3 practical, working towards grade 3 theory; Chamber group

Art: Draw Squad

Classic Movies! slowly working our way through The Best Old Movies for Families by Burr

PE: Swimming, gymnastics, tramping.

Ok, now I am feeling pretty excited!

Ruth in NZ

We are afterschool, so we can only do limited work.

DS will be 4th grade

Math: AOPS intro to algebra ch 15- end. NEM 3 ( I actually think combine those 2 is working out beautifully. NEM has geometry integrated, so DS will finish most geometry when he finished NEM 3) he should be able to do AOPS geometry the year after.t

Grammar. MCT town. ( we already started... See how far we can go. I will have to learn with him)

Vocabulary: MCT CE, wordly wise . vocabulary workshop ( I have the books Not quite sure how I gonna use it)

Science: the boy want to do algebra based physics, but we did a non algebra physics this year already. I sort want to do biology...

Tennis, soccer,

Music.. Violin, he will also take school chorus and join youth orchestra this year

School does a really good job with social study and the boy will be in gifted class for reading/social study and science. His accelerated math teacher in PS is actually a algebra teacher in middle school. I am really excited about next school year

For DD will be kinder

Math SM 3... Might tap into 4a since we already started 3a, but again we might take time to do more IP/CWP this year since now the bar diagram is introduced.

Reading.. Read as she pleased.

Science : MrQ chemistry.. Not sure how that gonna work. I always thought she just tag along last year, but She surprised me when I ask my DS questions. She actually learn a lot when she was tag along. .. So maybe she will tag along again...

Music violin

Gymnastic/soccer

NEM 3 ( I actually think combine those 2 is working out beautifully. NEM has geometry integrated, so DS will finish most geometry when he finished NEM 3) he should be able to do AOPS geometry the year after.

I will check this out. Thank you!

We HS year-round so a lot of materials are just a continuation of what we're doing now.

Sixth grade:

LA:

-Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary Workshop. Finish up C, start D.

-spelling bee prep with Hexco products

-Finish Walch Poetry and Prose Toolbook and start Walch Drama Toolbook

-IEW Ancient History theme book to go along with history

-Read selections from EMC Masterpieces Literature and the Language Arts: World Literature that correspond to history studies

-Coolidge's The Trojan War with MP study guide

-Parallel Text Shakespeare Julius Caesar with workbook

-possibly No Fear Shakespeare Antony and Cleopatra with Kolbe study guide to that play but I have to see how DD does with the Parallel Text Julius Caesar

-spring semester DD will finish up Sadlier-Oxford Grammar and Writing for Standardized Tests and Writer's Inc. Daily Language Workouts Grade 10 to prep for testing (blech)

History:

-K12 Human Odyssey Vol. 1 with student pages

-Critical Thinking Press World History Detective

-Selections from Famous Men of Greece and Famous Men of Rome with MP study guide

Science:

-We're going to be attempting Mr. Q Advanced Chemistry. We may skip certain chapters if they prove to be too difficult.

Math:

-Finish up Singapore Discovering Math 7B and Horizons Pre-Algebra. At some point start DM 8A and word problems from Larson's Beginning Algebra. In between DD is going to need some more pre-algebra work, and this is still TBD (see the Logic Board thread here).

Logic:

-Classical Academic Press Art of Argument

Latin:

-TBD. LfCA was an expensive flop this past year. I'm toying with the idea of Latin's Not So Tough or possibly Learning Latin Through Mythology. DD is lobbying for just studying roots but I hate to give up on the idea of studying the full language.

Second Grade:

LA:

- MCT Grammar Town then Killgallon Sentence Composing for Elementary

-AAS finish 4, start 5

-Singapore Sentences to Paragraphs 3 & 4. I haven't ever used this series before, but I need something in between MCT Sentence Island and EPS The Paragraph Book series.

-Edcon Classic Worktext Julius Caesar

-Literature Pockets Greek Myths, Aesop's Fables

-Literature to go along with history studies

History:

- SOTW 1 and part of 2 with AG

- History Pockets Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Civilizations

- Selections from Famous Men of Greece and Famous Men of Rome with MP guide

Science:

- Ellen McHenry's The Elements, possibly Carbon Chemistry if he's ready for that.

- Tiner's Exploring the World of Chemistry with MP study guide

- RFWP Dr. Dave's Teaching Manuals Chemistry, Phases of Matter

Math:

- Continue on in Singapore and BA

Logic:

-various logic puzzles and intro to logic books from Critical Thinking Press, Dandylion, Mindware, etc.

Latin:

-SSL 2, then whatever his big sister winds up doing

Next year, I will have a pre-K girl, 1st grader, 4th grader, 6th grader and 8th grader. My pre-K girl is another intense, "teach-me-now" type...so I'm not getting off too easy with her. I've folded her in with her older sister (K) this year for activity time (science, social studies, crafts, singing, Bible stories), but she had to have her "own" books for everything else.

We school year-round, taking breaks when we need them. Our summer routine is a bit different in that we play outside in the morning, and are inside from 9:30-4:00. My husband will be off every Monday (as nice as that sounds, it's due to being furloughed, so we get a 20% deduction in pay, too). However, thanks to some gifts...we have season tickets to King's Dominion, and the three oldest will be attending summer camp (the 4 youngest have VBS, middle three will attend a week-long engineering day camp free, and my younger son will attend Cub Scout Day Camp free, because dh and oldest son are volunteering to work at the camp). This is just to show that everything isn't textbook learning during the summer, and we will have some fun, too :D. We're waiting on some extra money that we'll get in the fall to finish ordering school-stuff for 2013-2014, but it will look like this:

Pre-K -- Abeka Academy K-5 (full curriculum), she'll also have speech therapy 2x/week.

1st -- Abeka Academy 2nd (full curriculum), this is for my "zero desire to learn" kid...it gets done with fewer headaches.

4th Grader:

Math -- Math Mammoth 6 (M-W-F) with either Abeka Basic Math or Chalk Dust Basic Math (T-Th), flash card drills with older siblings, Integer Game, MathIt, Descartes Cove

English -- Abeka grade 6 LA (I'm looking at used curriculum, probably older editions, so we'll see what I can find cheap), I have all of the readers. Worst case, he'll do MCT alongside Killgallon, and a Punctuation, Capitalization drill book I have.

Science -- Apologia Zoology 2 & 3 (just need the notebooking journals, he's loving Zoology 1), after that, he'll do Hakim's Story of Science.

Latin -- LFC A (I have the older videos & books...)

History -- We'll be using the VP Cards/Song, book list, and then doing lots of Lapbooking projects from Homeschool in the Woods.

6th Grader:

Math -- She'll finish up Foerster's Algebra 1 with Math w/o Borders DVD and TT Geometry, and then she'll probably do LoF Beginning Algebra or AoPS alongside either Jacob's Geometry or AoPS Geometry before moving into Algebra 2.

English -- We'll be doing MCT Voyage over the summer, and then she'll start Abeka Grade 8 English, with Killgallon Sentence Composing for MS.

Science -- Abeka HS Biology with RSK Chemistry (I expect that she'll read the Apologia Biology book as well...because that's just who she is).

Latin -- Wheelock's -- We'll be focusing on just the vocabulary/cases/endings, taking 1 chapter a week, starting in mid-June. She'll be starting this in another week, and working with her older brother. We have a goal of beginning translation work next spring (going back to the beginning of Wheelocks and doing translations for the following year), so we'll see how it goes!

History -- We'll be using the VP Cards/Song, book list, and then doing lots of Lapbooking projects from Homeschool in the Woods.

This child still finishes school most days by lunch-time, so she has plenty of time to read and work on her projects. There is no slowing this girl down....

8th Grader

Math -- Reviewing Algebra 1 right now, alongside Geometry. He is supposed to start Algebra 2 in the fall (Jann in TX's class), using Lial's Intermediate Algebra.

English -- Finishing up Voyage this summer, and then Abeka grade 10 English with Killgallon Sentence Composing for high school. He's voluntarily participating in a writing club (fan-fiction for LEGO...)

Science -- Biology -- He's using the text Biology by Campbell & Reese, which is mapped to the Hippocampus Biology for AP course. He says he wants to take the AP exam next spring, so I'll probably purchase a new AP study guide for Christmas. We'll be using some BozemanScience videos as well (part of the review process).

Latin -- Wheelock's -- We'll be focusing on just the vocabulary/cases/endings, taking 1 chapter a week, starting in mid-June. She'll be starting this in another week, and working with his younger sister. I may mix in some Cambridge Latin...and we'll do some of the activities we've found on-line. He's really struggling with the translations, so I'm hoping to solidify the basics and then really focus on the grammar/translations with him next.

History -- K12 Human Odyssey vol. 2 (1400-1914). I will mix in some lectures/videos that I've found on-line. He'll do a 5-paragraph essay each week over the material, and be required to take notes from the lectures, and write summaries of the videos. I'm planning for him to write a 5-10 page research paper (topic of his choosing) for his mid-term, and a second one for his final.

Omnibus: He'll be doing Omnibus 2 (most of the books we've got on MP3 downloads...so I've planned an extra hour of reading/listening a day for this subject. We will not do every assignment in the book, as he's already doing a lot of writing for history, and his science load is pretty hefty). We'll probably study four books in more depth...but I figure he'll get a really good taste of some great works.

That's it (in a nutshell). Nothing too grandiose...in fact, if you had told me 2 years ago that my youngest two would be doing Abeka Academy I would have burst out loud laughing, but it has helped tremendously with my 4th child, and my "baby" seems to really enjoy it, too...but even with that, I've got my planning work cut out for me during the next 3 months!!

10yo 5th grader.

Math:

Intro to AOPS - Chap 14 onwards

LIkely to break for AOPS' Number Theory class

Patty Paper Geometry - What's left (we started in Feb). Will move on to another geometry. TBD

Language:

WWS

Killgallon Story Grammar for Elementary School (continuation)

MCT - Town level (continuation)

History:

Human Odyssey I with OUP

Mapping the World with Art (and other mapping resources. TBD)

Task cards from Creekedge Press.

Science:

This is the exciting bit as ds has asked for a lot, while I'm requesting for some unit studies:

Nebel's BFSU will be the spine

Ellen McHenry's Cells and Botany

Tons of electricity projects (accumulating)

Tons of books for ds' personal reading

Mandarin Chinese: Outsourced

Activities:

Violin (Suzuki)

TKD, Aikido, Spochan, Swimming

We are still a work in process. Because of our upcoming move back to the states, we will be working through the summer as much as possible. This is for my younger dd who will be a 5th grader this fall.

Here is what I think we will be doing:

Math

Patty Paper Geometry and Hands-On Geometry

Singapore Math with CWP, IP etc. but I'm considering MEP

English

CW Homer...I think...I have it already

Dictation

Italics Handwriting (this is the last book I'm going to have her do)

Grammar...not sure

French

L'Art de Lire Level 6 and then L'Art d'Ecrire along with reading Madeline, Fables and other books in French. I'll add dictation this year and be more consistent with copywork and writing narrations in French. I'll probably let her do her sister's French but with altered expectations.

Latin

I've promised her that we'll change this up some...probably First Form

German and Gaelic...she and her sister want these but....we'll see

Science

I'm planning on a lot of physics and astonomy for her and we'll do some work with tidal pools and birds too. I'm still working on this....

History

Finish Our Island Story and A Child's History of the World but I'll move this to her independent assignment sheet. We'll read some biographies and history supplements together and some she'll read on her own.

Ancient History

I"m still working on this...I want to see how much we can get done over the summer.

Literature

We'll finish up what we've just recently started (Greek Myths, Anne of Green Gables, Evangeline, Tales From Shakespeare and Children of the New Forest) and she'll finish her independent readings (Bleak House, Jane Eyre and Parallel Worlds).

I'm planning a George MacDonald study for her in the fall and when we've completed the above books we'll add these: Ivanhoe, Robinson Crusoe, Treasure Island and a few others.

We're currently reading Beowulf and will be starting Julius Caesar this summer.

Art

I'd love to find lesson for them, but we'll see how that goes. If not, they will paint and draw and we'll choose artists to study.

Music

We'll be very focused on piano this year...once back in the states the girls can participate in Guild, Festival and other events as they used to before.

Geography

Paddle to the Sea and later Tree in the Trail

Ballet

She really wants to start this again. We'll add swimming in the summer.

Well, I haven't planned everything yet but so far here's what I am thinking....

Math: Finish up Saxon Alg. and begin Geometry at some point though not sure which yet.

Language Arts:

Vocabulary from Classical Roots

Bravewriter

Also, dd10 will be working with a mentor on her writing.

History:

World History: The Human Odyssey

History of the Ancient World

Reading excerpts from a world literature text I have that line up with our history program

Science: Biology

Thinkwell Biology (spine)

Multiple other resources and experiments

Another homeschooling family will be joining us for experiments and dissection

Foreign Language:

Finish Prima Latina and begin First Form Latin

Rosetta Stone Spanish and Gaelic

Music: Pretty well taken care of with violin/fiddle lessons but will continue our music history CDs from Teaching Company and begin the music theory DVDs we have.

All plans are subject to change!

OK, I asked Jumping Spider which foreign language he wanted to study independently this coming year. I told him he could choose any language he liked but suggested he choose one of our family study languages (Spanish, Arabic, or Chinese). He thought a minute and said "I think I'll do Hebrew".

Sometimes I think it would be better not to ask...now I need to come up with a plan for Hebrew for him. On the plus side, he really does work hard when the work is of his own choosing.

Do you have Mango through your local library? They have a lot of languages with different alphabetic systems (I know Duo Lingo doesn't). Free language software has been great for letting DD take control of that part of her education, and, since I'm not strong at languages, it's nice for me.

I love this thread. There are so many great programs / resources here.

We're still finalizing next year, but I think ...

Gr. 3

Language Arts

- AAS 6-7, followed by Caesar's English

- WWE 3 (with some Bravewriter?)

- MCT Grammar Town / Practice Town followed by Killgallon SCGE

Math

- Beast Academy 3

- Singapore 3 with CWP

- Hands On Equations

- Life of Fred (probably finish the elementary series?)

Science

- BFSU 2

- Ellen McHenry Elements

- TOPS Science

Languages

- Song School Latin 2 (maybe some Minimus?)

- Song School Greek

Gr. 1

Language Arts

- AAS 2 (and maybe beyond, if we ever get past VCE words!)

- WWE 1 (with some Bravewriter?)

- not sure about grammar -- maybe finish FLL2 and add in Jolly Grammar?

Math

- Miquon (Blue, Green, Yellow; maybe Purple?)

- Singapore 2A & 2B with CWP

Languages

- Song School Latin 1

Science

- Lentil Science, plus tag along with big sister as appropriate

Together

- Story of the World 3

- My First History of Canada

- Expedition Earth

- French

- Taming of the Shrew (with DH)

2nd Grade:

Language -

FLL 2, maybe MCT

WWE 2

AAS 3/4

Good books

Math -

Beast Academy 3

SM 3 / MEP 3?

Piano

Gymnastics

Kindergarten:

Language -

Read to mom

AAS 1/2

FLL 1

Letter formation

Math:

SM 1/2

Swim Team

PreK:

What Your Preschooler Needs to Know, wkbk 2

MAYBE 100 Easy Lessons

Swim Lessons

All together:

Science -

RSO Earth and Space

History -

SOTW 2

Art -

HAS K

For DD12 - grade 7 in case someone is interested in a list for an older student:

Algebra 2 (probably Lial's intermediate)

World Geography (Glencoe). DD is pretty excited about this as she loves studying other cultures. DS used this in middle school and we added in lots of Nat Geo documentaries, cooking and other fun stuff.

Hake Grammar 8 and Lightning Lit 8

Life/Earth Science (not sure what materials, maybe Holt or CPO - guess I better decide soon!)

Health - probably Abeka since I have that already from when DS used it.

Music - piano & saxophone

PE - swimming and skiing

Do you have Mango through your local library? They have a lot of languages with different alphabetic systems (I know Duo Lingo doesn't). Free language software has been great for letting DD take control of that part of her education, and, since I'm not strong at languages, it's nice for me.

I do have access to Mango and have used it for some of our other language work. I will see if they have Hebrew--thank you for the reminder.

If you want to see if he will stick with it, get an account at Behrman House. They have an online intro to the alphabet/reading. Totally hands-off for you and you don't have any $ out before you know if he truly is interested. And then if he is, you could get Alef Bet Quest (also from BH...no I don't work from them), which is based around a computer program - also pretty much hands off (except for 1 or two very small parts per chapter).

Excellent suggestions, thank you much!

3rd Grade:

Language

MCT Town level

Verticy finish Orange/start Yellow

AAS 4

Hake Grammar & Writing 6

GSWL

History

SOTW 3

Math

MM 4B? 5A? Blue Div. 2? - we'll figure it out after summer, math is a moving target

BA 4A as a supplement

NASA adventures in space science mathematics

Real World Algebra

Amazing Circle

Patty Paper Geometry

Science

The Elements

Carbon Chemistry

GEMS Chemical Reactions

GEMS Crime Lab Chemistry

Plato Physical Science

Science Fair project - biomimicry & aerodynamics

1st grade:

Language

Barton 2/3?

WWE 1

FLL 2, The Sentence Family

History

SOTW 3

Math

Horizons 2 (he insists on color)

Problem Skills workbook

Singapore - I'm going to sneak this in somehow

Science

GEMS Matter

GEMS Secret Formulas

GEMS Liquid Explorations

GEMS Involving Dissolving

Science Fair project

Rising 8th grade, advanced in English/language arts, not in math/science ;) , passionate about arts and theater (backstage work)--we school year-round

summer:

History: Continue world/American modern history----Hakim History of US, k12 Human Odyssey vol. 3, lots of documentaries, some historical fiction (currently in WWI)

Math: Key to Algebra series, starting with booklet 4 (polynomials)

English/lit: Bible as literature, using The Bible and Its Influence from the Bible Literacy Project, KJV, documentary God in America; Creative writing through the Virtual Homeschool Group

Spanish: Duolingo

Science: PLATO physical science, camps---Girl Scouts Cybergirl Tech Camp (1 week) and one at the university called Deconstructing Dracula

Technology: an intro to technology using Our Digital World and the brief edition of MS Office 2010 textbooks

Art: Drawing camp

PE: continue aikido, swimming, etc

Fall:

History/Social Studies: Continue history from summer if not finished, then on to either Big History (if possible) or a cultural/political geography course using video lectures from Annenberg Foundation website; current events weekly group (outside)

Math: Saxon Alg 1 using Art Reed videos and self-paced material from Virtual Homeschool Group

English/lit: continue Bible as lit; Intermdiate Writing using WriteShop II (outside class); Vocabulary from Classical Roots B; Editor in Chief B1; Daily Grams; likely a book club

Spanish: Duolingo

Science: continue PLATO physical science---I may do additional chemistry work with her depending on how this goes

Art: weekly art history and artist trading cards activity through co-op, drawing lessons

PE/Health: aikido, Our Whole Lives human sexuality course through church (Unitarian Universalist)

Theater: Intro to Theater with emphasis on backstage, using Digital Theatre Plus from Homeschool Buyer's Co-op, attendance at live performances of opera and theater, readings from schooltheater.org, and, hopefully, additional backstage work through local community theater

I'm just afterschooling math for my ds10s. If all continues to go well, by mid-August when school starts again, one ds10 will be about half-way through AoPS Prealgebra and the other one will be about halfway through the "algebra 1" portion of AoPS Intro to Algebra.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the summer continues as well as it has started. We have a couple of family vacations and they have a week-long programming camp that I'm hoping don't interrupt the nice flow. I'm reluctant to predict too much, though at the moment one ds10 is more motivated than the other - I wonder whether he may catch up to his brother eventually. This morning, when he needed a little help with a lesson, he brought the book to me... at 6:30. While I was still in bed. Asleep. :glare: (a wheezing sibling had me awake in the middle of the night.)

Can you link me to a site where I can view World Geography (Glencoe)? We are considering geography for 9th grade. Thanks!

Ruth in NZ

Oak Meadow has a good syllabus/study guide to accompany Glencoe's WG text. What I particularly liked is how the OM syllabus is flexible enough to make the course as challenging as the individual student needs. I used it as basis for an honors middle school level course, but it would be easy to make it work for a bright high school student as well.

for dd (slightly accelerated, will be in 8th grade) (for those not in alberta, 10-1 courses are 10th grade highest level courses, the 20 level course listed is 11th grade) Items in italics are electives, that are worth only 1 credit each and generally take less than a month to complete for dd though they are designed to last a full term.

English 10-1 online literature class and high school writing class through our school board; plus R&S grammar (grammar not normally taught separately for 10-1 but I feel it is important)

Latin 10 online through our school board

Online through a distance learning provider:

Science 10-1

Social Studies 10-1

CALM 20 (career and life management)

French 10-1

Food basics

snacks & appetizers

contemporary baking

fast and convient

meal planning

food & nutrition basics

Introduction to agriculture

Keyboarding

Word processing 1

Forests & society

Engine Fundamentals

Religious studies 15 (10th grade course)

Art 10

parent directed

math (playing catch up after my mess ups on this one. If all goes well she will finish 4 levels of math before next june so not listing each one here but will be caught back up

PE 20

At the end of her 8th grade year she will be almost done her full 10th grade program, and have earned 45 credits to add to the 7 she earned this year in 7th grade. Credits, high school requirements and credit awarding etc is different here than you guys in the states are used to, but it's great.

DD is very excited to be taking on so much.

ETA PE is now switched from 10 to 20. As I went through provincial outcomes for PE10 to plan out next year's activities I realized we had covered all of them this year. So today when our facilitator came for our year end assessment, he agreed when I went through it all that she has completed PE10 and will get those credits. So next year she will do 11th grade PE, which is not a graduation requirement (only PE10 is) but I think it is extremely important to continue with it (though I did not in hs). Which means she actually earned 12 credits in her 7th grade year, which is pretty cool.

My older daughter will be pre-K age for 2013-14 school year, but we're planning on calling it K and doing more scheduled formal work starting after her birthday in February. So here are our plans up through Feb:

Language

Reading: continue to read lots and lots of good books, both chapter and picture, and listen to lots of audiobooks

Phonics: Continue to have her read a BOB book or other easy reader of her choosing about twice a week, and play some kind of phonics game once or twice a week. Start up with OPG again if she wants to, but leave it up to her.

Handwriting: let her play on Letter School, and assist her with letter formation at other times when she wants to.

Math (her greatest area of interest)

Finish Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 2 (which will probably be within a couple of weeks)

Miquon Orange, and probably starting Red

Maybe do Singapore Essentials, too? It looks like she might already know everything in the first book, but I thought she might enjoy it anyways. She loves her current math workbook, even though most of it is very easy for her.

Science

Magic School Bus & other activities/books/documentaries when a topic strikes their fancy

F. Lang

Watching Salsa Spanish and reading picture books in Spanish

After Feb it will mostly be more of the same, but I expect that she will move faster since we will be doing school 4 or 5 days a week instead of around 2. She will also be required to do 5 min of phonics daily, some reading daily, and some handwriting practice on paper. She may start Singapore 1a. I would like to figure out something more for Spanish, if anyone has a suggestion?

The little sister, who will turn 3 in Nov, will continue to do however much of school she demands--which currently means about 15 pages of Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 1 per week, plus participating in all our games and read alouds. I expect she will probably demand phonics lessons when her sister starts them up again, too.

DS will be in 6th. We school year-round as well so we are just finishing up what he starts at various times of the year.

This is what we have right now:

Math

Coxeter's Geometry Revisited (continuing what he started with his tutor in Jan 2013)

A mix of precalc (alg 2+trig), number theory, problem solving and various other math explorations in his free time (continuing whatever he has been working on all this while)

Electives

propositional logic and German 2

History/ Science

We might start on world history (I'm considering Oak Meadow's syllabus + Spielvogel textbook), continue Thinkwell's biology (or start Zumdahl chemistry, haven't decided) and look for more alg-based physics opportunities (he is really enjoying alg-based physics and will be wrapping up Derek Owens' honors physics over summer).

English

Lit might be LOTR/ Tolkien studies and Shakespeare...he loves these two so we might continue to delve deeper and deeper.

We have IEW and misc. other programs. We are thinking of collaborating on a writing project, hopefully it will go well. :)

Others

PE is a mix of almost daily strength training, push ups etc, walking the dog, walking/ running on the treadmill, weekend cycling and kayaking plus twice weekly dance (hip hop) classes.

Piano = jazz + classical.

Quark, thanks for posting about German. I forgot about OSU and I think it may be more affordable to study German this way. DD has never taken an online course, but I like the fact that OSU has weekly phone sessions. Would it be strange for others having a 7 year old participate? She needs a middle school/high school course in order to learn a modern language. We don't do well with children language programs unfortunately.

DS was in 4th when he started with OSU. It would depend on the 7yo as there are worksheets to write and tests. German 1's content wasn't difficult at all (he was motivated to learn it as well). Any issue we had was due to executive function asynchrony. He did one semester of powerspeak's middle school German (due to the same issue of elementary programs being unsuitable) when he was in 3rd. It was still a little too young for him but I didn't know about OSU at that time. Good luck!

DS was in 4th when he started with OSU. It would depend on the 7yo as there are worksheets to write and tests. German 1's content wasn't difficult at all (he was motivated to learn it as well). Any issue we had was due to executive function asynchrony. He did one semester of powerspeak's middle school German (due to the same issue of elementary programs being unsuitable) when he was in 3rd. It was still a little too young for him but I didn't know about OSU at that time. Good luck!

Thanks Quark! When DD is motivated she somehow manages to write.

I don't see anything that close to my son's schedule for next year so I'll post it. He is going to be 5 years old in two weeks.

Language Arts: Climbing to Good English 1 & 2 (3 days a week), Spelling Workout A & B (2 days a week), WWE 2 days a week using History and Science for sentences.

History: (2 days a week) SotW Ancients

Science: (2 days a week) Son will pick specific topics in Apologia Animals 20 wks, Usborne Human Body 10 wks, Apologia Biology 6 wks

We go to the library every Wednesday before church and get books for the week. Some of these books will supplement History and Science topics.

Math: Saxon Math 2nd grade

This year he did: saxon math k and 1, saxon phonics k and 1(This made him a great speller!), Pathway Reader first red book with guide, A Reason for Science A

He can read but would rather mom cuddle and read to him. So I'm hoping spelling and grammar will help with his confidence to read on his own. History and Science, I'm hoping, will help get him excited to read on his own.

Thoughts?

My 9th grader is doing three classes at the public school:

band

AP European History

English

9th grader is doing at home:

Math is pre-calc - probably using Lial

AP Biology - we're using Campbell's Biology with lots of supplementary stuff, still working on plans for labs

Spanish - maybe online, maybe at community college

Other stuff: debate team, swim team, orchestra, jazz band, National history day project, etc.

My 7th grader is only doing band at school, everything else is at home:

Math: algebra - maybe Life of Fred since he's already partway through Beginning Algebra, but maybe we'll switch to something else?

History: K12 Human Odyssey Volume 2, re-read SOTW volume 2, National History Day project

English: Growing With Grammar, maybe One Year Adventure Novel, maybe Lightning Lit 8,

Science: really not sure. We might use Spectrum Chemistry, but we might save that for later

Spanish: duolingo or maybe an online class

other stuff: swim team, orchestra, lego robotics, homeschool coop classes one day a week

Latin:

-TBD. LfCA was an expensive flop this past year. I'm toying with the idea of Latin's Not So Tough or possibly Learning Latin Through Mythology. DD is lobbying for just studying roots but I hate to give up on the idea of studying the full language.

I don't know if the thread on Latin w/o a curriculum would be useful ... I'm considering this myself, but am not sure it's the best option for me & my lack of Latin background.

(and I like your lists so much -- y'all are ahead of us, and get me thinking on what's coming :) )

Here's my older ds's schedule for 8th grade:

Full-credit classes

1. AoPS Geometry and Intermediate Algebra, 3 days each (he is already 2/3rds through the Geo book, so will pick up Intermediate Counting when Geometry is completed. He needs to do 2 math topics at a time to keep fresh for the Math Olympiad)

2. Math Olympiad study (4 days study, because AoPS will take up 1 day)

3. Physics with Knight College Physics. He wants to complete the entire Knight book, so I have planned 2 years with a lighter schedule to make room for Biochemistry/neurobiology. Plus, of course, a 2-month long scientific investigation in Physics!

4. English: LToW + NaNoWriMo (his choice, he has been planning his novel for 2 months) + lots of literature (themes: Gothic/Horror, Humour, 20thC)

5. Violin - ABRSM grade 5 theory, grade 6 practical + Chamber Group

Half-credit classes

6. Mandarin - Boya2 with a tutor

7. History - Late Modern history to be done with father

8. Biochemistry/Neurobiology. He is interested in Artificial Intelligence as a possible career, so would like to study the brain this coming year. I am not sure if he will get through all of these books, but I am also not sure exactly where his interests lie so I am buying some variety. If he is into it, this course will run for 2 years.

Biozone's Biochemistry

The Human Brain Book

Godel, Escher, and Bach

Physics in Mind: A Quantum View of the Brain

From Computer to Brain: Foundations in Computational Neuroscience

Coursera's Computational Neuroscience

Extra Curricular: watercolour, swimming, wing tsun

Ruth in NZ

Dd 10/5th

Bible -- daily reading

Math --

Cybershala online algebra class 3x/wk

enVision5 (problem solving only) at ALE 2x/wk

finish TT Alg 1

History --

K12 Human Odyssey Vol. 1

'History Alive!' class at ALE 2x/wk

Science --

Hakim - The Story of Science

Science class/labs at ALE 2x/wk

LA --

MCT Town

homegrown lit

writing class at ALE 2x/wk

Music --

private voice & piano lessons

PE --

tennis, snow skiing

Tech --

Scratch

Lego Robotics NXT

TechTools class at ALE

Art--

local class

-----------------------------

Dd 9/4th

Bible -- daily reading

Math --

SM4 - Cybershala online class 3x/wk

enVision4 (problem solving) at ALE 2x/wk

finish TT 6

HOE, DragonBox12+

History --

SOTW, KF

Social Studies/WA history class at ALE 2x/wk

Science --

EE

CLP Nature Readers

Science class/labs at ALE 2x/wk

LA --

MCT Island

homegrown lit

writing class at ALE 2x/wk

Music --

private voice & piano lessons

PE --

tennis, snow skiing

Tech --

Scratch

Lego Robotics NXT

TechTools class at ALE

Art--

local class

This is our first official year homeschooling, but it's really my kindergarteners 3rd year doing formal lessons. I just got a copy of Writing With Ease. I'm out of state so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I have just started teaching him WTM style book reports. He copies one well written professionally crafted sentence from whatever book he reads then I write down the summary he tells me orally. We just started notebooking World History from the Usborne Encyclopedia. I have a stack of Singapore math books up to # 6. We'll start plugging away through those. We'll continue using Bedtime Math for the wordproblems and watching Maria Miller, Khan Academy, and Singapore math lectures on Youtube. I'm considering getting around to our classical academic press spanish grammer lessons.

I have to replace my home computer and then he'll be doing Khan Academy. My 2 yr. old will be doing Reading Eggs this year. Since my kids are young I think we'll just do a lot of read alouds and board games and only a little bit of real work. We need to start introducing spelling since he can already read and (physically) write. I guess I'll see how much he gets from his copywork. I just saw a great idea for memory work that I might borrow. Someone on Hoagies on facebook said their kid liked to watch sports on tv and some online sites explained the players stats and updated them in real time while the game is on tv. I think my kid could get into that because it sounds super interactive and with the different screens and all. We'll have to get another notebook for sports.

He painted the picture on my avatar. I guess we'll have to continue doing "how to draw" lessons. He can do them independantly now. I got him a sketch book from the hobby lobby because he's at that sweet spot where he makes the gorgeous childlike art now but I know he's getting better too fast and I want to keep some.

I havent fully planned out our year..but here's what we have so far.

6th Grader

Math: finish up Dolciani Pre A and move to Algebra (either TabletClass or Dolciani, which I already own), use some fun resources like Time Travel Math. Continue reading Lives of the Mathematicians.

Science: Marine Biology using living books, weekly coop class, and Spectrum Science workbook. Continue reading Story of Science, which we all love.

Latin: SYRWTLL Book 2, I think.

History: K12 Human Odyssey Book 2, plus timeline work and essays.

Spanish: not sure

LA: WWS Book 2, Fig Speak (we're about halfway through), Kiss Grammar, continue Diagramming Revolution, read more poetry, lots of read alouds, particularly the classics.

Geography: Not sure. I don't think I want to do anything formal, but definitely need to figure out how I want to incorporate it into our week. We have a lot of resources around the house, so I think I will just gather them together and figure out a plan.

Music Piano, Guitar,music theory.

Art: find a drawing class for him-he loves pen and pencil drawing.

Typing! The kid has GOT to learn how to type LOL.

3rd grader

Math: MM Grade 4, Beast Academy, lots of games, CWP Grade 3

LA: probably something like The Arrow with lots of freewriting involved, Kiss Grammar, DIagramming Revolution with brother, lots of reading.

Science: EMDS Grade 4, weekly science coop, lots of reading of living books.

Latin: Lively Latin Book 2

History: SOTW Book 2 with narrations.

Geography: with brother

Music: Musical theatre and music theory class weekly

Art: ??

He wants to continue Greek and start Arabic, but I don't know if that will happen.

DS's 7th grade plans are pretty well set, but DD's are a work in progress.

DS 12 - 7th Grade

Math:

AoPS Introduction to Geometry (finish)

AoPS Introduction to Counting and Probability

Science:

Physics - A friend is teaching this to her two sons, DS and another boy. She hasnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t picked a textbook yet, but IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m glad the decision is out of my hands!

History:

K12 Human Odyssey, Volume 3

English:

5 units from Excellence in Literature: Introduction to Literature

8-10 other novels, a few speeches, essays, poems, etc.

Writing With Skill 2 (possibly only half)

Caesar's English 1

Arabic:

CTY online course in the fall, just reviewing after Christmas.

French:

En bonne forme/Grammaire progressive/La portĂƒÂ©e des sons

A few novels and films

DD 9 - 4th Grade

Math:

Math Mammoth Dark Blue - Fractions & Decimals

Life of Fred - Intermediate & Fractions

Science:

Oak Meadow 5 (finish)

Winter Promise Equine Science

History/Geography:

Sonlight Core F

OUP World in Ancient Times - China & South Asia

English:

MCT Town

Writing With Ease 4

The Creative Writer

French:

Grammaire progressive/Alex et Zoe

I will have a 6 (turning 7 in November) year old

Math: Singapore 3b

Grammar: finish up mct island, then evaluate where to go next

Handwriting: ZB book c

History: try SOTW book 1 again. I'd really like to sign up for Athena's for this but I'm nervous because of his age

Science: I need to figure this out. Probably some sort of unit studies

Latin: minimus

French: not sure we finished the first skoldo book, I'm contemplating Rosetta stone

I also have a running book list for literature.

DD9 (4th grade by PS standards):

Math: CLE 500

English: Further Up and Further In (as a lit study, doing some of the science and other topics as the mood strikes and if we have time), Apples & Pears, Wordsmith Apprentice, Daily Grams.

Latin: finish GSWL and Minimus

History: SOTW2 plus additional things like A Picturesque Tale of Progress and CHOW, along with some historical fiction.

Science: Finish WP Equine Science. I also have book 3 of Galore Park Junior Science that we haven't used.

Other: Classical Conversations, tumbling, horseback riding, summer swim team, Girl Scouts

My DD will be K/1st grade since we start in January:

Bible: reading and activities (pull units from the internet often)

Math: Singapore 2a and 2b

Horizons 1b/2a depending and MEP 2 when we need a break

Science: BFSU - suspect we will finish book 1

History: SOTW - ending 1 and starting 2

English: reading to me from whatever works, I am hoping she will begin silent reading in the evenings too

: spelling - using ABC and all their tricks (own curriculum with dictation)

: writing: may start WWE2, undecided right now, may continue handwriting practice as when I stop it goes downhill

: grammar: undecided yet

Computers: trying to get DH who works in IT to teach her Scratch, but so far he is not interested :)

PE - dancing and gymnastics, swimming in summer

Second language: must start one but DH and I are still debating this one

My other DD turns 3 in February and always wants to do school - more so than the older one.

She has started reading some early readers so if she remains interested we will continue with that. I have also started basic phonics with bottle cap letters using the sequence in OPGTR and will continue with this as long as she is keen.

She likes doing worksheets and we have successfully used www.abcjesuslovesme.com 2 year old curriculum this year - will see if she is ready for some of the 3 year curriculum though it is a learning letters and sounds curriculum and she knows these already, so will probably have to do theme based learning with her or whatever she is interested in.

Math depends where she is at - she is counting items now and can count to 10 but not higher yet and knows her shapes, so will just wait and see - probably just play games with counting items and start patterns.

Mostly though read alouds and play for my 2-3 year old.