Menu

Prayers Please for my Dad - Update

Jean in Newcastle

:grouphug: Is he nearby?

Nope. Across the country. My eldest sister has been taking him to appointments. One of my brothers will stay overnight tonight and will take him to his surgery that starts at 5:30 in the morning (or at least he has to be there by then). I just called and talked to my dad and he seems in fairly good spirits.

Nope. Across the country. My eldest sister has been taking him to appointments. One of my brothers will stay overnight tonight and will take him to his surgery that starts at 5:30 in the morning (or at least he has to be there by then). I just called and talked to my dad and he seems in fairly good spirits.

Oh Jean, I will pray for sure.

The bolded is a very good thing to hear.

Do update us when you can. :grouphug:

Still can't get a hold of my sister. I called my mom and found out that my dad's surgery went ok but Mom is sinking into deep depression and isn't really communicative beyond that right now. (The depression isn't linked to my dad's situation.)

Understand - praying accordingly! Hugs

Dad is home. I am frustrated though. Neither my brother nor my sister nor my parents can give me a medically coherent explanation of what was done, why , what was found etc. Results of "whatever" are coming on Tuesday. I'm also a bit doubtful if they are going to be able to change the catheter bag once they told me that they didn't understand the instructions. Sometimes being so far away is so frustrating since dh and I could help with all the medical stuff.

I'm so sorry you can't be there to help, Jean. I can imagine your frustration! Can you call the doctor and find out what they did and get some more details?

The best thing is that they sent your dad home. If they thought they'd found something horrible, I doubt they would have released him, especially at his age.