Menu

Favorite cheap wine?

Juniper

We like Frontiera, it is a red in a 4 pack from Costco. It is what we call our table wine. If we are feeling a little more luxurious we do Red Velvet from the cupcake vineyards (I think it is $6.99 from costco or cost plus) Our splurge favorite wine that we can get here in the states is Willamette Valley vineyards Pinot noir. It is $14.99 at Costco ($25 elsewhere)

Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon is seriously cheap and completely drinkable. We like Menage a Trois (horrible name, makes it kinda hard to give as a gift), Cupcake reds, and for more expensive splurges anything from Willamette Vineyards (within walking distance of my boys' farm a.k.a. Gramma's house!). Another splurge: Horse Heaven Hills is a great vineyard.

Was coming to post this one. I have a hard time liking wine, but I had one whole glass of this one a couple of weeks ago. I can usually only manage 2-3 sips.

My inner wine snob avoided Bare Foot wines for the longest time. One day I broke down and purchased this wine. Slightly bubbly, kinda sweet, and just downright lovely. I really like this wine, though one must me in the mood for a white wine to enjoy it.

My inner wine snob avoided Bare Foot wines for the longest time. One day I broke down and purchased this wine. Slightly bubbly, kinda sweet, and just downright lovely. I really like this wine, though one must me in the mood for a white wine to enjoy it.

Me, too. I tend to drink wine in the summer, though, so it's perfect then. I also discovered Mad Housewife sweet white this summer (because I love the label), which is like a Moscato. I can't speak to their other varieties, though.

I too consider cheap to be anything under $10; we actually have a local winery that we LOVE their wines. The ones we like are $10 regular price, but we just stocked up on cyber Monday for like $6.99 a bottle. One of their specialties at this time of year a Sugarplum. They make a white that is also deliciously sweet -- but I like sweet wine.

~coffee~

Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon is seriously cheap and completely drinkable. We like Menage a Trois (horrible name, makes it kinda hard to give as a gift),

Menage is actually my favorite wine. I think the name fits because it's a 3 wine blend. I give it as gifts. I wonder what they think of me?! I understood the double meaning but never paused for thought. Good thing I've only given it to good friends! :laugh:

Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon is seriously cheap and completely drinkable.

We like the Rex Goliath wines here, too.

DH and I have a challenge going to find the best wines for the lowest prices. Our biggest problem is that we buy some, and then maybe it takes a while to get around to drinking them, and when we discover one we really like, we forget where we bought it! :smilielol5:

My good deal last week was a Clos du Bois Chardonnay and Rouge for $6.99.

Which moscato? I deigned to visit a Safeway only to be presented with a choice of pink and spumante. I picked up the latter to try. It was half the price of what we usually buy... and if it's good, we'll be able to keep our moscato loving friends in bubbly without breaking the budget, a consummation devoutly to be wished. :D

Which moscato? I deigned to visit a Safeway only to be presented with a choice of pink and spumante. I picked up the latter to try. It was half the price of what we usually buy... and if it's good, we'll be able to keep our moscato loving friends in bubbly without breaking the budget, a consummation devoutly to be wished. :D

The white moscato. I refuse to drink pink wine ;) :p