Menu

Anybody else just hate wearing shoes?

I go barefoot so often I've found myself in store parking lots before realizing I don't have shoes on to get in.

I keep ugly crocs by the door for outside-at-home in the winter, when there's no snow. Snow boots with cleats for snow. And clunky, annoying sneakers for when I actually have to brave the outside world. ;)

I'm the same way. Love my bare feet or flip flops. I refuse to be uncomfortable in my shoes, so that doesn't leave a lot of options. Luckily, my sister is a fashion guru and gets sick of seeing me dress like a slob, so she helps me find things that are comfy but not frumpy. My favorite fall/winter footwear solution is a low rise, flat slouch boot, kinda like this. You can wear it with skinny jeans or under boot cut jeans. Super duper comfy, quick to get on and off (another requirement for me), and I don't look too lazy.

I hate wearing shoes, but when I go barefooted, there's that whole plantar-fascitis thing going on. :glare: So it's Fit-Flops mostly in the summer. In the winter, I have Rykas, sometimes Clark's or Merrel, or Keene. I rarely wear tennies unless I'm pounding the pavement at Disneyland, and then it's New Balance. :D

with my arthritis i am forced to wear shoes now. but in my 20's and 30's i wore only sandals, summer and winter. in particular, it is possible to wear sandals even in cold winters. i lived in ellensburg, washington, where it snowed many months of the year and could go to -10 i winter, and i found i could wear wool socks inside my open sandals even walking outside in the snow, and be warm, as long as i was careful not to get the socks wet. maybe boston would be a problem, as it's so wet there in winter.

in my younger days i went barefoot and even ran for miles each day on concrete barefooted. but this is not good for you. you just don't know it while you are young and strong.

Edited by mathwonk

I wear flip flops year round... I kid you not. Even with snow on the ground :) Im barefoot 24/7 indoors.. and outdoors if there isnt a ton of snow on the ground.

If Im outside for longer periods of time in the winter, Ill wear a slip on shoe.

I can go barefoot in any temp and on any surface (ex. gravel, etc.)

I just hate shoes... and socks.

i actually picked up some cheaper version of birkenstocks, used on ebay, and one is a clog i can wear with socks. i often have a pair of something like these (but there was a more comfy version than that, with less sole, which i bought a few years ago) - they are pretty comfy. i also have a pair of snow-boots that are kinda sneaker-like but really wide, so i have to wear 2 pairs of socks with them, but they ended up being comfy for when there is snow out and i'm walking the dog or whatever, and clogs wont cut it

the smaller clogs on this page look pretty comfy:

I have a pair of those all weather mocs that you linked to and they are very comfy. That is what I wear out, for around the house, I have an old pair of my dd's Uggs clogs that I wear plus a couple of pairs of suede slippers that have heavy duty soles so I can wear them in the yard if needed. I RARELY, as in almost never wear sneakers.

My DD hates shoes & socks. Barefoot or flip flops is her style, too. She does wear Uggs, though...because she doesn't have to do socks.

As a matter of fact, I finally talked my shoe hating, barefoot loving, sandal wearing Mom (she hates socks, too) into trying some Uggs last winter. She always balked at the price before. Now, she says she'd replace them in a heartbeat if hers fell apart. She loves them.

I loved dr scholls too! i was barefoot all the time until my first pregnancy someone pushed me to try birkenstocks, and my mom bought them, and that was the end of that. i still like being barefoot, though. i always get other kids in trouble at the park cuz i dont mind my kids being barefoot and all the other moms yell at their kids for even asking :001_huh:

i actually picked up some cheaper version of birkenstocks, used on ebay, and one is a clog i can wear with socks. i often have a pair of something like these (but there was a more comfy version than that, with less sole, which i bought a few years ago) - they are pretty comfy. i also have a pair of snow-boots that are kinda sneaker-like but really wide, so i have to wear 2 pairs of socks with them, but they ended up being comfy for when there is snow out and i'm walking the dog or whatever, and clogs wont cut it

the smaller clogs on this page look pretty comfy:

I've had the same all weather mocs for about 6 years. I wear them all winter. They're so comfortable. I did make myself buy cute boots yesterday, but we'll see if it actually gets me out of my mocs.

I've heard rumblings that they're not as good since Lands End sold out, but L.L. Bean has some too.

I hate wearing shoes, but when I go barefooted, there's that whole plantar-fascitis thing going on. :glare:

I have the same issues. :banghead: I've been wearing some Sketcher's sandals (they have lots of support). In winter, I wear slip on clogs. If there's snow on the ground, I switch to boots. :(

P.S. These are great for plantar fasciitis...and you don't have to wear shoes with them! :D I don't have this brand, but Walgreens sells a similar product.

http://www.amazon.com/Pedifix-Arch-Bandage-Pack-2/dp/B004G8G4HU/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1350266057&sr=8-14&keywords=plantar+fasciitis

lands end sold out? :confused:

They didn't change the name, but Sears bought them out several years ago. Quality has been sliding a bit. I was recently looking to replace my older mocs. The reviews from folks who did just that we're not good. When you try to replace a shoe you've lived for 5-10 years, and the new one just isn't as good, it's sad :-(