Menu

Let me live vicariously through your Fall weather!

(just a little pity party here.) Seriously. Where is it already 75 degrees and signs of Fall? I want to hear all about it. :driving:This is me coming to your house for the weekend. Why :banghead: Why :banghead: Why :banghead: did I ever agree to move to Central Florida?

:glare: Still looking for that "melting" smiley...

I'm in the upper midwest. Low of 49 high in the low 70's tomorrow! I'm so excited! We just had a week of hot and July was like an oven this year.

We have relatives in central Florida, and I could just never live there. A couple months of heat and humidity and I'm done!

Hmm. Will "our high is going to be 64 degrees tomorrow" help? :001_smile:

The leaves across the street have been turning for about 2 weeks. I've been watching from my chair in the living room, with a cup of coffee, each morning.

I looooovvvvve autumn. See my siggy :D. Florida would be impossible for me. We enjoy our visits, but must come home to seasons.

Me tooooo! It's not humid here but it will stay hot until October.

We're going to a football game at the Rose Bowl tomorrow and it will be hot :glare:. I wish it were cooler and real "football weather".

I'm in the upper midwest. Low of 49 high in the low 70's tomorrow! I'm so excited!

That sounds lovely. We will have that in November and for most of the winter actually. So I really shouldn't complain. :tongue_smilie:

Sharon - I'm right there with you! We moved to central FL last October - so I had a tiny taste of fall - but I was way to busy packing, traveling back and forth, picking a house, selling a house, etc to enjoy it.

I feel like it has been summer since May 2011 - so we are on Month 16 of summer!

I **desperately** crave the cool crisp fall weather... and just the *smell* of fall.....

We are going back up to PA for Thanksgiving... but all the leaves will already be gone by then.. :-(

It's been in the 80's today in my neck of the woods here in New England, but I think we're supposed to get a cool-down this weekend. I love autumn in New England. We go apple-picking as a family in September and I'll decorate my porch for fall next week.

The running joke here is that winter was on a Tuesday last year.

I understand what you mean when someone said it feels like it's been summer since May 2011. We moved here 2 1/2 years ago. I was really depressed the first Christmas. Oh, and the second Christmas. Probably this Christmas too.

Sigh.

I'm a native Floridian, I have come to the conclusion that one just has to be born here to tolerate the heat. It doesn't bother me. I'm used to it. I am super excited though that I am going to North Georgia this October to see the changing of the leaves. I've never seen it before (snow either) and I'm really excited about going. My first real Autumn. Woot! :) :hurray:

I'm a native Floridian, I have come to the conclusion that one just has to be born here to tolerate the heat. It doesn't bother me. I'm used to it. I am super excited though that I am going to North Georgia this October to see the changing of the leaves. I've never seen it before (snow either) and I'm really excited about going. My first real Autumn. Woot! :) :hurray:

Never seen the fall leaves or snow????

We should swap houses from October to March :D

Never seen the fall leaves or snow????

We should swap houses from October to March :D

LOL We actually do get many Canadians down here from October through April. Many come down in a rv, many have second homes here for the winter.

Yep, I truly have never seen snow or the change of the leaves, but at least the latter I will get to cross off my bucket list after this October. :)

It has been warm here, also. But tomorrow temps are supposed to drop down into the low 70's during the days and low 50's/upper 40's during the nights. Unfortunately it will be a bit rainy for tomorrow morning. Time to break out the flannel pajama pants for that little bit of added warmth.

The leaves are turning yellow and beginning to fall. Sometimes it is like being inside of a "leaf globe" instead of a snow globe when they are falling.

I will begin my fall house cleaning soon. I like to have things as clean as possible so that when it gets really cold and we have to close up the house for winter, it will start off as fresh as possible. We have plenty of hay in the barn and I will soon start checking to be sure we have ample bedding for all the various critters. The hens are slowing down production and will quit entirely during the deepest part of winter.

The squirrels are scurrying around gathering walnuts and hickory nuts. The fall peaches just ripened this past week. I will can homemade applesauce soon (I can't stand to eat the storebought stuff anymore.)

Invited dh's niece and family over for a bonfire and cookout next weekend, now that we will be able to stand even being near a campfire. I am finally willing to hold my knitting in my lap in the evenings again.

And my favorite thing, we are now able to often smell the aroma of far-off woodsmoke from people cleaning up brush, preparing for fall. It is a lovely time of year here.

I can do better than FALL-

My daughter is visiting from Baltimore so we took a 3 day trip to Denali National Park. We traveled 66 miles into the interior of the park. The entrance was laced with the most beautiful red, orange and yellow vegetation I have ever seen. As we went further into the park, we could see snow capping the mountains. By the time we reached Eielson Visitor's Center, there was 4 inches of snow on the ground! My kids spent some time making snowmen before heading back out to the entrance!

Georgia is your cool-weather retreat? You have issues.

Georgia is your cool-weather retreat? You have issues.

Georgia is where my mother lives. I don't have a cool weather retreat. I usually visit her in the summer, but now that my son is home schooled too we decided this year to go in the fall so we could see the leaves change. The kids have never seen it either. :)

Autumn arrived here in St. Louis overnight last night! Yippee! Mid-50s at night and low-70s during the day. I can finally have the house open to a beautiful breeze!

Our usual 2 months of hothot summer lasted much longer this year, so we're more than ready for fall!

Apple picking scheduled for this week and camping in 3 or 4 weeks!

Starting tomorrow we're supposed to have highs around 75 and lows around 50 for a few days (then back up to 80 on Wednesday). Today it's 83 but raining with big thunderstorms coming tonight.

We have a few trees that are starting to change color. In particular, one big tree turning yellow and another tree turning orange. All the rest are still green.

Really? Where are you lOcated?

Seattle! :D

And I can be in Canada in under 2 hours. Which is only helpful I guess if you are like us and like to go there....or need to mail things to other Canadians because mailing to there sucks.

It really is not as rainy as some think. There is enough green around to cancel the gloom. And, we love clouds. They are interesting.

(just a little pity party here.) Seriously. Where is it already 75 degrees and signs of Fall? I want to hear all about it. :driving:This is me coming to your house for the weekend. Why :banghead: Why :banghead: Why :banghead: did I ever agree to move to Central Florida?

:glare: Still looking for that "melting" smiley...

It's feeling that way here too.

Phase one of fall came overnight here. Highs are only going to be mid 80's this week. Some of you crazy people are talking winter temps for this transplanted northerner who has come to like the mild winters we have here. I will admit I would love to schedule the annual snow day to hit on Christmas morning though.