Menu

did you hear what Ryan Lochte'm mom said

I'm not surprised a bit. My college roommate was on the tennis team. It was the same deal for many of the college athletes I knew. They work so hard, sacrifice so much during their sports season, then when the season is over--watch out! It's party time! :cheers2:

Why are athletes seen as working harder than anyone else?

I mean, gosh, accountants work awfully hard during tax time. Or how about medical students? Or construction workers finishing a building?

And why is a sexual indulgence the way? Why not, say, gorging on donuts or sleeping in? Or, you know, whatever.

I mean, gosh, accountants work awfully hard during tax time. Or how about medical students? Or construction workers finishing a building?

And why is a sexual indulgence the way? Why not, say, gorging on donuts or sleeping in? Or, you know, whatever.

Hmmm, college age kids working hard: Theater kids working on a show -- tech week is brutal. Final exams for engineering majors. The kids who used their time and savings to go to a remote area and help build houses -- hard physical labor in the heat, took them a year to plan the trip, sacrificed all their vacation time.

And adults often do even more. Yep, I can think of a lot of people who work hard and sacrifice quite a bit.

It does sort of perpetuate the image of a dumb jock who thinks with his ... body parts, now that you mention it.

:iagree:

If the "sex for stress" line works for athletes and college students, I'm thinking it's high time I added it to my To Do list.

"Wow, what a rough day I've had. I was so upset when Costco was out of whole wheat bread and I had to get rye instead. However will I deal with this kind of pressure? Oh, I know -- I'll go blow off some steam by having s*x with a bunch of strangers I'll never see again. But it's OK because they all have great bodies."

Yeah, that's the way to teach our nation's youth how to deal with life's little glitches. :glare:

If the "sex for stress" line works for athletes and college students, I'm thinking it's high time I added it to my To Do list.

"Wow, what a rough day I've had. I was so upset when Costco was out of whole wheat bread and I had to get rye instead. However will I deal with this kind of pressure? Oh, I know -- I'll go blow off some steam by having s*x with a bunch of strangers I'll never see again. But it's OK because they all have great bodies."

Yeah, that's the way to teach our nation's youth how to deal with life's little glitches. :glare:

:lol: Love this.

Today, during a radio interview, Ryan Lochte admitted that he peed in the Olympic pool, and that he always pees in the pool.

He's all class, isn't he? :glare:

The vast majority of Olympic swimmers pee in the pool. They just don't talk about it. There was a female swimmer who admitted this before the last olympics and people made a big deal then.

Part of the reasons include interrupting long workouts and tight swimsuits being hard to get in and out of wet.

If you swim in a competition pool, like at a university, assume it has been peed in. I love to swim. I won't give it up but yes, this is a gross fact. I appreciate ample use of chlorine and I take full showers after swimming.

I read that article yesterday. Dude is one cocky guy. The grill...I.just.can't. And his custom-designed sunglasses? Can't wait to get myself a pair of those.

The mouth bling cracks me up, it reminds me of braces every time I see it. Did you see his closet full of shoes? Lots and lots of shoes in nice little cubbie holes. They showed it in an interview before his first event at the Olympics.

I'm pretty sure all competitive swimmers do. It's hard to get out of those suits.

The vast majority of Olympic swimmers pee in the pool. They just don't talk about it. There was a female swimmer who admitted this before the last olympics and people made a big deal then.

Part of the reasons include interrupting long workouts and tight swimsuits being hard to get in and out of wet.

If you swim in a competition pool, like at a university, assume it has been peed in. I love to swim. I won't give it up but yes, this is a gross fact. I appreciate ample use of chlorine and I take full showers after swimming.

I don't care whether or not he pees in the pool. I just don't feel the need to hear him talk about it.

Did I miss these kinds of interviews and focus on Michael Phelps? All I remember was stuff about his actual swimming and training. But then I wasn't looking for the other.

I'm not totally media savvy but it seems there was a lot about Phelps out there as well.

and I just learned something new today- I didn't know it was expected and accepted for Olympians to pee the pool!

Well this totally explains the other thread about the woman's blog suggesting that wives should have s#x every day with their husbands.

All husbands work like olympians and Costco is always out of wheat bread. :lol:

Well this totally explains the other thread about the woman's blog suggesting that wives should have s#x every day with their husbands.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curse you, Costco!

:lol:

See, all this board chatting is not mindless, worthless conversation. We now have a plausible explanation for the physical needs of men.

Warning: Language

http://gawker.com/5931688/ryan-lochtes-mom-retracts-statement-about-her-sons-one+night-stands-is-officially-a-terrible-wingman?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Woops! Mom says the whole "one night stand" thing was a misunderstanding.

Now Ike Lochte is disappointed in all of us for interpreting her innocent statement in such a filthy way.

I'm an L&D nurse. I used to work in university hospitals. There's a written rule that medical students, residents, etc. are not permitted to have sex on hospital grounds. It's not just athletes. It's humans.

I'm an L&D nurse. I used to work in university hospitals. There's a written rule that medical students, residents, etc. are not permitted to have sex on hospital grounds. It's not just athletes. It's humans.

Well, come on. We all knew that. We've watched ER and Grey's Anatomy!

:lol:

Sure, people have sex. People do it to feel good, to perk themselves up, to perk up someone else, to relax, to celebrate, or whatever other reason(s). That's not news. What's news is that Olympic athletes (and also athletes in other venues, and to some lesser extent frat boys) have a whole system in place that expects and caters to their desire to have vast quantities of sex with strangers.

Medical students are NOT being catered to in this way, as you yourself just said. No one hands them a pack of condoms and points at the other students/residents/nurses/patients and says, "Go to it! You just performed a really rough surgery! Go mate with everything that moves!" It's explicitly prohibited. The athletes are being catered to. Why is it somehow okay for them to fill the streets with used condoms and mate like bunnies -- if it is considered strange for anyone else to do it? Why is their sports stress and effort (which, as far as I can tell, is pretty much just for amusement and entertainment, not to save the world) seen as more noble or deserving than construction workers', doctors', or harried homeschooling moms'?

I don't care whether or not he pees in the pool. I just don't feel the need to hear him talk about it.

And this goes for just about everything else. Everyone pees everyday. I don't need the details.

Edited by stripe

I suppose it is because physical activity can raise testosterone levels and mental stress can squelch sex drives. (And construction workers have a high sex drive too. My dh used to be in construction. :lol:) It is strange how people totally accept it as just part of what athletes are.

Don't forget the flowers on the bed and scented candles. ;)

BAHAHAHAHA!!! This story has me crying!!!:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I need to go back and continue reading. GREAT link!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!!! This story has me crying!!!:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I need to go back and continue reading. GREAT link!!!

The one about Prince William and Kate is pretty funny.

"Thanks for having the whole world over, kids. Have fun doin' it." I read too much twaddle. That shouldn't be funny. lol

But at least they are *married*, right? lol

If this story is true:

Kim Collins dropped from Olympic race by St. Kitts and Nevis, after meeting wife in hotel

...it seems there is quite a double standard going on at the Olympics! Here are *boxes* of condoms, kids, but heaven forbid a married man meet his wife :rolleyes:.

Looks to me like he was removed because he disappeared for three days, not because he spent time with his wife.