Menu

I just called Pizza Hut from inside the restaurant ...

and when they asked if I was calling for delivery or carryout, I said I was calling from a table in the restaurant hoping to order soon (we'd been waiting 15 minutes after being seated). The guy laughed and then said, "Okay, so ... delivery or carryout?" :tongue_smilie:

Edited by milovaný

and when they asked if I was calling for delivery or carryout, I said I was calling from a table in the restaurant hoping to order soon (we'd been waiting 15 minutes after being seated). The guy laughed and then said, "Okay, so ... delivery or carryout?" :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol:

:D so did you get your pizza?

Good for you! Did you get your pizza?

Yep! And it was good. I hadn't had pizza since the end of February. Yum. I have to confess that I didn't tip the guy -- and I'm a former waitress so that was hard to do, but he never seemed to kick in even after the phone call. We got a, "Yeah, hey, sorry -- my mind is fried after the dinner rush" and then more slow, albeit friendly, service.

You are much more upbeat about this than the last time I was in Pizza Hut. We went to redeem our Book It coupons from the library. After a half an hour, of waiting for our pizzas (I had ordered more than just the free pan pizzas) and having been assured that they would be there "any minute", they finally admitted that they hadn't even started it!!!! I was irate. I got no apology and we finally got our second rate pizzas after one hour. I told the kids that the next time they get one of those coupons from the library I will treat them to pizza somewhere else!

You are much more upbeat about this than the last time I was in Pizza Hut. We went to redeem our Book It coupons from the library...

Yep, this was a Book It visit (and yes, we ordered more than just the free pizzas). We get the coupons every year from their website. PH has been really, really cool in the past when, for example, they were out of personal pans when we went in. They'd make us some regular sized pizzas to "make up for it." This time everyone seemed "off." The one guy who was our server seated us (after finishing taking care of the trash in the bathroom), and then I guess forgot about us. There were 5-6 other delivery drivers there coming and going, but mostly talking behind the counter. We were watching all this happen from our over-in-the-other-room-corner table. I even whistled really loud once; no one flinched. So I got the idea for the phone call. My kids both laughed and were embarrassed I think. Crazy muvver.

Coming in late, but I have to share our PH story! And here I thought it was the small town we live in. Guess not.

It was prom night, so it was dead in the local PH. My family and I had just gotten fire wood. We were dirty w/ saw dust and were parched and starved! When the waiter took our order, I asked if we could have a pitcher of water so we could quench our thirst and so he wouldn't have to keep refilling our water glasses. His eyes got big, and he said, "I'll have to ask. I'm new." Ask for a pitcher of water? Ok, he was new.

So he comes back and said, and I couldn't make this up, "We don't have any extra pitchers." Extra? We looked around. There was us and only people at TWO other tables. And neither one had pitchers!!!

When one family was leaving, I told DH, "Even though they didn't have a pitcher, maybe we can get one now just b/c they've left!"

Nope. No such luck. We're still laughing about that. :lol:

SERIOUSLY??!!!!! now it's no longer funny. that is disgusting.

The others were all delivery drivers, so I kinda sorta maybe understand that (they weren't really assigned to check on the happenings in the restaurant). But there were at least two restaurant dudes.

Hi Angie!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I feel like I do have to share this re: PH and pitchers. Our local PH doesn't put pitchers on the tables anymore (and you can't order a pitcher of pop). No foolin'! They do use them to pour water, though. So maybe that's what was happening??? I have NO idea though.

That's too funny! :lol:

I once had a delivery driver from a local pizza place call me for directions to my house. It took me several minutes to realize that she didn't need step by step instructions on which direction to drive, where to turn, etc. Nope. She wanted me to explain to her how to get out of their parking lot!!!! I laughed so hard I started to cry, and then I fell out of my chair and dropped the phone. My friends in the room thought I had lost my mind, and the driver on the phone kept saying, "This is NOT a joke! I need help!"

That didn't make it any easier to breathe. :smilielol5:

Hi Angie!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I feel like I do have to share this re: PH and pitchers. Our local PH doesn't put pitchers on the tables anymore (and you can't order a pitcher of pop). No foolin'! They do use them to pour water, though. So maybe that's what was happening??? I have NO idea though.

OK, that makes me feel better about where I live. ;)

Good to see you! I sent you a PM. I thought of your during Pascha!

:lol::001_huh: Snort...I think that's funny, but it kind of isn't. I hope your pizza was worth the wait.

Snort...I think that's funny, but it kind of isn't. I hope your pizza was worth the wait.

It definitely was!! But that was more because we hadn't had pizza for two months due to Lent than it was because Pizza Hut makes great pizza. :D

:lol::lol::lol: