Menu

Just got a call from dd pediatrician....

....dd has been sick for the past month....with asthma, bronchitis, sinus infections etc. We needed to do blood work to rule out mono, Lyme disease etc. I figured, since they were taking blood, we should check her Hashimoto's antibodies....

Well, dd has Hashi's. I am so sad. This disease has wreaked havoc on me since my teens, and my older dd's as well:confused::confused::confused:

I am so sad. I felt like I got punched in the gut. My poor baby.....

We have an appointment with a pediatric endocrinologist in 2 weeks.

I am sorry. :( My 7 yo has profound Hashimoto's (diagnosed with a tsh of 617). It really is a kick in the gut. :grouphug:

:grouphug::confused::grouphug:

It just makes me so sad. My dd is scared silly because she has seen me suffer over the years. I keep telling her it is because I went undiagnosed....but, she isn't buying it. She sees my other 2 girls struggle to stay healthy. Thank God they are fighting hard.....and still look gorgeous......but, still.....there it is all the time...underlying.....and making us sick. UGH!!!! I am just devastated......again:confused:

I am so sorry your dd has Hashi's. Are they treating with synthroid?

....dd has been sick for the past month....with asthma, bronchitis, sinus infections etc. We needed to do blood work to rule out mono, Lyme disease etc. I figured, since they were taking blood, we should check her Hashimoto's antibodies....

Well, dd has Hashi's. I am so sad. This disease has wreaked havoc on me since my teens, and my older dd's as well:confused::confused::confused:

I am so sad. I felt like I got punched in the gut. My poor baby.....

We have an appointment with a pediatric endocrinologist in 2 weeks.

:grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry Faithe. I hope and pray she gets it under control. I've been lucky, though I've had it for years, my meds work really well for me.