Menu

Zimmerman video from night of shooting????

I've seen this video posted in several places tonight. I'm wondering how credible it is and why it is just now out there.

Many articles say he was treated by EMTs before being taken in but that they said he didn't need to go to the hospital. If he was treated first, I still expected to see some bruises, cuts, or blood. I would expect those from the reported broken nose, the fact that Zimmerman said his head was being slammed into the sidewalk, or from shooting Trayvon. I get that his face would be cleaned up, but I expected to see evidence on his clothes.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this video posted in several places tonight. I'm wondering how credible it is and why it is just now out there.

Many articles say he was treated by EMTs before being taken in but that they said he didn't need to go to the hospital. If he was treated first, I still expected to see some bruises, cuts, or blood. I would expect those from the reported broken nose, the fact that Zimmerman said his head was being slammed into the sidewalk, or from shooting Trayvon. I get that his face would be cleaned up, but I expected to see evidence on his clothes.

I just saw this a few minutes ago. He definitely did not look like he'd been involved in any altercation.

This whole case has gotten so convoluted... It is sickening from a whole range of perspectives...

maybe they let him change first...but it sure seems that if you shot someone in the chest while wrestling with them for the gun, that you would have blood on you.

I've thought of this, but the witnesses said he was in red. So, did they let him change his shirt but not his jacket? Is it SOP to let a suspect change clothes?

I just saw this a few minutes ago. He definitely did not look like he'd been involved in any altercation.

This whole case has gotten so convoluted... It is sickening from a whole range of perspectives...

Yes. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around all the twists and turns. I also don't get why neither side was honest with the pictures (why??). It's all become so crazy. I just hope that, at least, our 'Stand Your Ground' law will change.

Who fights for their life and keeps their shirt tucked in (or has the presence of mind to tuck it in afterward). There's no blood on the shirt from that broken nose. There's not even a bandaid on that awful head wound. About that bridge in Alaska?? Any takers?? :001_huh:

ETA: I am DYING, DYING to see Joe Oliver get back on TV and defend Z tomorrow.

If this video is real, then we also have two men in grey shirts. Zimmerman has a red/black jacket. I wonder how credible those eyewitness testimonies are since this happened at night. If they were fighting, then it could be difficult with parts of a red/black jacket moving around. This is all just too weird.

Who fights for their life and keeps their shirt tucked in (or has the presence of mind to tuck it in afterward). There's no blood on the shirt from that broken nose. There's not even a bandaid on that awful head wound. About that bridge in Alaska?? Any takers?? :001_huh:

ETA: I am DYING, DYING to see Joe Oliver get back on TV and defend Z tomorrow.

Especially since we've seen reports that he was an emotional wreck and couldn't stop crying. :confused:

He certainly didn't look like he'd been beaten up to me. Broken nose? I witnessed a kid at Little League get their nose broken and it looked like a murder scene. Even days later the kid looked like he'd had major surgery. Zimmerman looks competely fine in this video.

This video just re-highlights the need to examine Zimmerman's story. It really does not seem strange at all to me that a person who had just shot someone to death and this person's friend would either lie or not be impartial enough to be totally honest with themselves about what happened. If nothing else, we can all agree that emotions were running high (justified or not). People will pretty much always tell the situation in a way that makes their actions look ok.

But that video does not show a man with a broken nose who has had his head "repeatedly" slammed into the pavement or shot a young man in a grappling situation. Where is his blood? Where is Trayvon's blood? You don't see any of it. Did he change before this dash cam? When? Where? How? If so, are the clothes he took off in evidence? If he was in fact wearing clothes that were bloody from a beating and/or grappling shooting they should have been bagged for evidence, right?

Edited by kijipt

I cracked the cartilage in my nose in college (not even totally broken) when I was in a car accident. I wasn't in a fight, I didn't sustain any other injuries, and I was covered with blood. I had two black eyes, I looked awful for a couple of weeks. It happened on Christmas Eve. My dh (boyfriend at the time) remembers my black eyes, and he had gone home for Christmas, he didn't see me until after the first of January.

I cracked the cartilage in my nose in college (not even totally broken) when I was in a car accident. I wasn't in a fight, I didn't sustain any other injuries, and I was covered with blood. I had two black eyes, I looked awful for a couple of weeks. It happened on Christmas Eve. My dh (boyfriend at the time) remembers my black eyes, and he had gone home for Christmas, he didn't see me until after the first of January.

Exactly. To say nothing of the fact that when heads hit pavement repeatedly, there is usually bleeding from the head that soaks the hair around it and looks pretty gruesome even for a smallish cut. I have fallen out of bed onto a protruding metal side table and the blood was everywhere and my hair was bloody and matted. Alarms went off for me when it was reported that Zimmerman did not need medical treatment that night, and this video makes those alarms louder.

I think this video is the reason why Z's attorney ran out of the Lawrence O'Donnell interview two nights ago. He didn't want to go out there and make any statements that might lead to ethics charges or potentially harm his clients interests. Lawrence O'Donnell's father was a cop and attorney and prosecuted a major police coverup case so he knows his stuff.

Z's Dad also gave an interview on FOX tonight to perhaps deflect attention from this video release.

Ehh...as much as I detest Z's behavior, I almost feel bad for him. NOT! Not only does he appear to be a prejudiced and trigger-happy wanna-be cop but he's surrounded by people bound and determined to make him look stupid too. I'm actually starting to feel a little hopeful that this man wil be punished for this killing.

I think this video is the reason why Z's attorney ran out of the Lawrence O'Donnell interview two nights ago. He didn't want to go out there and make any statements that might lead to ethics charges or potentially harm his clients interests.

I heard a little about that secondhand via Jon Stewart. :tongue_smilie: So what exactly happened? The lawyer was there, and then he just got up and ran out at the last second without a word?

I heard a little about that secondhand via Jon Stewart. :tongue_smilie: So what exactly happened? The lawyer was there, and then he just got up and ran out at the last second without a word?

That pretty much sums it up. Lawrence O was left with an empty chair to interview. I've been watching Lawrence's coverage because it's been REALLY good but that night was classic!! He and Charles Blow and Jonathan Capehart interviewed "friend" Joe Oliver last night and it was astounding. I don't think we're going to be seeing Oliver on TV again any time soon. He was basically exposed as a minor acquaintance who only spent time with George Z while drinking. Classic.

Edited by Sneezyone

My dd's nose didn't break or bleed ,when she whacked it but, oh, what interesting colors! (And swelling, and black eye...)

I haven't watched the video,b ut I'm purdy sure if I were in an altercation that "forced" me to murder, I'd immediately be asking for someone to photograph my injuries!

It is fascinating to me, how much opinions have crystallized on this topic. I thought this video was shockingly at odds with the story Zimmerman has told. But the comments section on the ABC news story is full of Zimmerman supporters saying "but what about Trayvon using marijuana, huh? What about that?!"

It is fascinating to me, how much opinions have crystallized on this topic. I thought this video was shockingly at odds with the story Zimmerman has told.

The Joe Oliver interview with him admitting that he is really just a friend of the family, does not know Zimmerman that well, has not seen Zimmerman since before the shooting and quit his job to do the media circuit is in pretty stark contrast to what he has been saying or implying for the last week.

I have to agree that I bet the lawyer knew this video was coming out when he fled the interview the other night.

But the comments section on the ABC news story is full of Zimmerman supporters saying "but what about Trayvon using marijuana, huh? What about that?!"

??

I broke my nose two years ago and it didn't even bleed. It bruised minimally and it swelled some (if you didn't know what I looked like before the break, you'd not notice the swelling).

And it hurt like mad.

Two years later, it's still tender when it gets bumped. I don't think it healed quite right -- and it IS crooked. Sigh.

So, I guess a broken nose can look horrible, bruise a lot, and bleed like mad OR it can look pretty normal and hurt like crazy and take a while to heal (if it DOES heal).

If ALL broken noses made a huge mess, then I'd agree that he doesn't look like he had a broken nose -- but honestly, I looked pretty much like myself with a broken nose.

However, that said, I'm not sure WHAT to think about all this. A lot of it bugs me in how the media (which IS how I've learned about it -- not like I have a relative down there keeping me up to date...) is covering it and has covered it.

I have to agree that I bet the lawyer knew this video was coming out when he fled the interview the other night.

??

:iagree: I haven't had the time to participate in the other thread. But as someone who lives in a state that requires investigations when a police officer kills someone, I'm shocked at how this situation appears to have been handled. I hope some positive changes come out of this tragedy.

I've also read a report that the funeral director who prepared Martin's body did not see anything about his hands which suggested to him that Martin had punched Zimmerman with such force as to break his nose. Interesting. Like a pp, I can't wait to hear about the coroner's report.

Here's the link from msnbc.

Edited by amsunshine
added link

I've also read a report that the funeral director who prepared Martin's body did not see anything about his hands which suggested to him that Martin had punched Zimmerman with such force as to break his nose. Interesting. Like a pp, I can't wait to hear about the coroner's report.

At this point. I want them to investigate the police officer and state attorney involved in the case at first. There are just way too many things not making sense.

maybe, maybe they DID take the shirt into evidence at the scene, and that is why his clothes look fine?

I don't know. I do know the guy doesn't look like he was just fighting for his life.

That's what I thought as well, but he's still wearing that jacket that he had during the fight, right? I would expect them to take ALL his clothes.

At least, that's how it works on CSI! :tongue_smilie:

I also have concerns about the fact that Z was wearing civilian clothes (not a uniform), driving an unmarked car and at no time identified himself to Martin. Also, if he was a neighborhood watch person, shouldn't he have had some responsibility of knowing who lived in the neighborhood and waht constitutes suspicious behavior. If someone was following you in your neighborhood after dark in these circumstances, what would you think? How would you react if you were cornered? If the boy did get in a scuffle with Z, it seems to me that he wass the one acting in self defense. IMO, it appears that Z basically hunted and killed Martin in cold blood. At the very least, the circumstances are suspicious and there should have been a full investigation.

But the comments section on the ABC news story is full of Zimmerman supporters saying "but what about Trayvon using marijuana, huh? What about that?!"

It's all just blaming the victim because he had the misfortune to not be a universally sympathetic one like a cute little girl or a grandma of 7. People are saying stuff like that for the exact same reason Zimmerman decided Trayvon "needed" to be followed, called names and thought of as suspicious.

I also have concerns about the fact that Z was wearing civilian clothes (not a uniform), driving an unmarked car and at no time identified himself to Martin. Also, if he was a neighborhood watch person, shouldn't he have had some responsibility of knowing who lived in the neighborhood and waht constitutes suspicious behavior. If someone was following you in your neighborhood after dark in these circumstances, what would you think? How would you react if you were cornered? If the boy did get in a scuffle with Z, it seems to me that he wass the one acting in self defense. IMO, it appears that Z basically hunted and killed Martin in cold blood. At the very least, the circumstances are suspicious and there should have been a full investigation.

Yep. I don't get why Zimmerman having injuries would be any help with his defence. If you're stalking and then confronting people after dark you should probably expect some might consider you hostile and treat you as such.

Yep. I don't get why Zimmerman having injuries would be any help with his defence. If you're stalking and then confronting people after dark you should probably expect some might consider you hostile and treat you as such.

While I agree with you, it does help that Zimmerman and his lawyer appear to have flat out lied about the extent of his injuries. If he is lying about that, I think his whole defense, even in FL, goes up in flames.

While I agree with you, it does help that Zimmerman and his lawyer appear to have flat out lied about the extent of his injuries. If he is lying about that, I think his whole defense, even in FL, goes up in flames.

I agree. I honestly didn't expect to see photos of him absent of any injury.

Being injured isn't a requirement for SYG, we all know that, but lying about being injured....that is not going to look good.

I guess we'll know more when the medical examiner's report is released.

Edited by Sis

I agree. I honestly didn't expect to see photos of him absent of any injury.

Being injured isn't a requirement for SYG, we all know that, but lying about being injured....that is not going to look good.

Yep. To me, Z's whole story sounds fishy. He tries to say he asked Trayvon what he was doing in the neighborhood and then just tried to walk away as nice as you please? After having told the 911 operator about how "these a**holes" always get away? And then refusing to wait by the mailboxes, like the 911 operator wanted him to do? Umm, I don't think so. It's totally inconsistent.

If someone was following you in your neighborhood after dark in these circumstances, what would you think? How would you react if you were cornered? If the boy did get in a scuffle with Z, it seems to me that he wass the one acting in self defense..

This is what I keep thinking too. It seems to reasonable to me that Martin was the one who was in fear....he may have felt he needed to defend himself.

What? What? Noone in this thread trying to explain away Zimmerman's appearance on that video? After that MAMBO thread, I expected to come here after a long school day and find some creative explanations and arguments.

This thread is so...short.

Darn. So disappointed.

What? What? Noone in this thread trying to explain away Zimmerman's appearance on that video? After that MAMBO thread, I expected to come here after a long school day and find some creative explanations and arguments.

Darn. So disappointed.

I was wondering about that too.

Darn. So disappointed.

I think it makes a difference that we're all moms imagining ours sons in the situation Trayvon was placed in. I haven't got any place in my heart or head right now for giving Zimmerman any leeway at all.

I think it makes a difference that we're all moms imagining ours sons in the situation Trayvon was placed in. I haven't got any place in my heart or head right now for giving Zimmerman any leeway at all.

Sorry...I admit I was being a bit sarcastic about someone who seemed to be trying to argue with every person in that other thread who was doing just what you stated. My thoughts are where yours are.

Sarcasm does not translate well through written word.

maybe, maybe they DID take the shirt into evidence at the scene, and that is why his clothes look fine?

I don't know. I do know the guy doesn't look like he was just fighting for his life.

It was initially reported (locally, before it became such a big media mess) that the police did not take any of Zimmerman's clothes. That was part of the initial outrage and why people were saying the police weren't investigating - no tox screen for Zimmerman, no physical evidence collected, witnesses who said they tried to tell the police what they saw/heard and were basically blown off.