Menu

Woman fails to solve world's easiest math problem

Sadly, no, this is NOT an Onion article. Listen to this poor woman try to determine how long it will take to drive 80 miles if your speed is 80mph. :001_huh:

http://now.msn.com/entertainment/0319-funny-mph-video.aspx#scptm2

(Of course, the question as to why her husband would film this--especially while driving!--is another thread entirely.)

Guest submarines

Looks staged to me. My guess is that they initially had the conversation about speed / time, and she momentarily blanked out, and they had a good laugh about it and then decided to check whether they could go viral with this. Performance art, totally.

The woman may be dumber than a box of rocks, but he is being mean and laughing at her to her face. I can't fathom humiliating my spouse like this no matter what he was wrong about. I agree with the article, they are soon to be divorced.

Unless this is a fake and they made it to go viral.

2 questions:

1. Why would you humiliate the woman you love like that?

2. Why would you ever marry such an idiot?

:iagree:

Really, if in fact that happened, to make my wife the laughing stock of the evening news? No way.

And, if I were her? There'd be hell to pay if I stayed with him at all. That is not how you repay love and loyalty.

Looks staged to me. My guess is that they initially had the conversation about speed / time, and she momentarily blanked out, and they had a good laugh about it and then decided to check whether they could go viral with this. Performance art, totally.

It didn't look staged to me, but I *know* someone like her, a guy. I just texted my father to say that X (our male friend) has a perfect match out there and sent him the video.

It didn't look staged to me, but I *know* someone like her, a guy. I just texted my father to say that X (our male friend) has a perfect match out there and sent him the video.

I know a few people like that as well. They either don't know or don't understand certain algorithms, so what should be simple problems turn into complex "discoveries".

Guest submarines

I don't doubt they had a similar conversation that happened spontaneously, or witnessed someone else having it. But the one that is taped seems staged--just the way they talk, and their reactions to each other.

In other words, I'm more at ease with someone blanking out when faced with a math problem, than with a husband humiliating his wife like this. I want to believe that both of them were on it.

Well, I really, really hope that it will come out "staged". However, I hate to say this, but I've recently had an adult tell me he couldn't figure his gas mileage because "I didn't take calculus in high school." :001_huh:

This same person thinks my youngest is Einstein because he figures the gas mileage whenever we fill-up and does it in his head. The concept of multiplication or division without a calculator was just too much for this person. I don't like it when people call my kids "geniuses", but I have to admit if one is functioning that lowly in an academic area, then unfortunately, speaking relatively, my kids are geniuses in comparison.

The husband is a bigger idiot! Too immature to be married in my opinion.

Faith

If this wasn't staged, then why wouldn't she have been looking at him when talking instead of staring straight ahead? If it was "real" I think she would have asked him what he was laughing about and been looking at him. I think she had to look straight ahead to avoid looking at him and bursting out laughing. It's also possible that they did have a conversation before this with some "unusual" theories on her part, and they decided to have some fun with it. I just can't imagine it's real ... :tongue_smilie:

He was so disrespectful of her. It would have been bad enough if he had just videotaped her, but he kept turning the recorder to his face and winking or smirking or laughing like he and the watcher were co-conspirators. Like when a group of popular girls act like they are befriending a girl but are really setting her up for something humiliating. I think he is small and mean.

He looks into the camera, introduces the storyline -- she looks at the camera because she knows he is filming. I don't think she could fake that kind of confusion. And then she says "please stop filming" and he turns it off.

I thought his reaction and patience in dealing with her obvious lack of mathematical prowess was super cute. My only concern was the safety of him filming while driving. She's clearly no genius at math but I'm sure she has other great qualities so I'm not feeling too bad for her.

"whack it in half". LOVE that tag for this thread. bwahahaha.