Menu

I have (not so) BIG news to share with you all! :) :)

For the first time in several YEARS, I stepped on the scale this morning and it said:

I AM OUT OF THE 200's!!!!!!!!!

I started at 247.6- I've lost 48 lbs as of this morning and it was SO nice to FINALLY see a 1 instead of a 2 in front of my number when I got on that scale today!

Now, granted, I'm wearing just my lightweight PJ bottoms and teeshirt as I am when I weigh in every morning, so as long as I don't put on a bra, shoes, jeans, or put any food in my mouth, I can continue to enjoy these one hundreds for the rest of the day (haha)...

Anyone want to celebrate with me? :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! i am SO happy for you!!!!!

You hage inspired me with your recently resurrected (not so old) thread. My problem with weighloss is the scale, though. I tossed it because I get frustrated when I don't lose weight. I will be judging by pants sizes now, weighing myself when I go down a size.

i thought you were announcing a pregnancy.:D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! i am SO happy for you!!!!!

You hage inspired me with your recently resurrected (not so old) thread. My problem with weighloss is the scale, though. I tossed it because I get frustrated when I don't lose weight. I will be judging by pants sizes now, weighing myself when I go down a size.

i thought you were announcing a pregnancy.:D

I'm glad you are inspired...good luck with your weight loss! I hope that the pregnancy will be my next announcement! I want to get into the 180's before I start trying. :) I hope to start trying in April or May at the latest.

So happy for you!!! What is your secret? How did you lose the weight?:bigear:

Basically by cutting out grains. I gave up bread, rice, pasta, cookies, cake, crackers...for the most part, if it's got flour in it, I don't eat it. I also gave up white potatoes.

I also don't buy processed "fat free/light" stuff, I try to stick to whole and natural foods as much as possible. I still eat regular "fats" like butter, mayo, olive and coconut oil, just in moderation (I don't eat globs and globs of it lol). I eat peanut butter, cheese, fruits and vegetables, nuts, squash, an occasional sweet potato, eggs, pretty much any meat/poultry/seafood/pork and so on that I want. I drink pretty much just water with an occasional cup of milk- I don't drink things with artificial sweeteners or even juice because of all the sugars, I stick to whole fruits. I don't weigh, measure, count anything or obsess over every bite that goes in my mouth like I have with other diets I was on in the past, it's just kind of eating the right things and stopping when I'm satisfied. It's worked really, really well for me. (ETA: The exception to the no lite/fat free/artificial sweetener stuff is that sometimes if I feel like I really want a dessert/something sweet aside from fruit I do sometimes eat a sugar free pudding cup or a sugar free jello, but only once in a while. Other times I'll have fruit with a little dark chocolate or a few semi sweet chocolate chips or just fruit or a homemade healthy smoothie or something like that if I feel I want something sweet...but it's not often I even want something like that...I've actually broken my sweet tooth habit for the most part)!

I also try to go for walks most days. I started with just a slow paced mile on my treadmill. When the weather got nicer out, we started going for mile and a half walks outside. Recently I took my daughter for a two mile hike in the woods following trail blazes on trees...we felt so adventurous, I'd NEVER have been able to do that 45-48 lbs ago...

Edited by NanceXToo

Nance, no joke, I was thinking about this last night, hoping to see an update saying you were out of the 200's soon!

About two years ago, I lost 57 pounds, and got myself out of the 200's, too. Then I gained it all back; and some. :glare:

You sharing has been an inspiration to me to give it a go again. So thank you.

And congratulations! :001_smile:

Aaawww!!! That's fantastic! And not too far off!!!;)

Yeah. :) My doctor wants me to get my BMI below 30 (then I'll be "overweight" and not "obese") :P

At 5'7", according to fitday, once I get to like 190.8 my BMI will go below 30. I'm going to aim for 187.6 though...then I can say I lost 60 lbs, because you know I want to say I lost that elephant's penis. :)

Yeah. :) My doctor wants me to get my BMI below 30 (then I'll be "overweight" and not "obese") :P

At 5'7", according to fitday, once I get to like 190.8 my BMI will go below 30. I'm going to aim for 187.6 though...then I can say I lost 60 lbs, because you know I want to say I lost that elephant's penis. :)

:lol: This is my goal as well.

Nance, no joke, I was thinking about this last night, hoping to see an update saying you were out of the 200's soon!

About two years ago, I lost 57 pounds, and got myself out of the 200's, too. Then I gained it all back; and some. :glare:

You sharing has been an inspiration to me to give it a go again. So thank you.

And congratulations! :001_smile:

Thanks for thinking of me! I've lost and gained weight (plus some) all of my adult life, usually following WW, and I hope that this time will be different. My doctor feels that my body just can't handle the carbs and all the sugars in them, and that carbs are basically an addiction for some people (like me), and we found that my insulin levels were high and so on, and he was the one who suggested I give up on a diet like WW and try reading up on Sugarbusters or South Beach and do something more low-carb instead. I phased that into no carbs basically myself after reading, researching, and seeing how well I was doing losing weight without them (I did ask him if I was hurting myself nutritionally by doing that, he said no).

I hope that I've basically broken a cycle of addiction and that if I keep myself out of that cycle, I will also keep myself out of the cycle of gaining all my weight back, that this will be easier to keep as a "lifestyle" instead of just some sort of temporary lose some weight diet thing that I eventually give up on, go back to old habits, and gain everything back. That, of course, remains to be seen, but that's the plan. I really don't ever want to see a 2 in front of my number again (unless it's because I had to go slightly into the 2's because I got pregnant at almost 190). :P

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Nobody has truly lived life until they can say they've lost an elephant penis!!!!

That's what I'm saying lol!

Thanks everyone for all of your support and for celebrating with me! I used to go to Weight Watchers meetings or TOPS meetings and I don't do that anymore so you people from this board are my occasional weight loss support group. ;)

Thanks for being there!

You CAN keep up your lifestyle change. I find that I feel so much better on a low carb diet. I only have carbs once per day. Many days I have none.

Have you tried making muffins or pancakes using almond or coconut flour? I am going to try this weekend. WendyK was my inspiration there!!!:001_smile:

You CAN keep up your lifestyle change. I find that I feel so much better on a low carb diet. I only have carbs once per day. Many days I have none.

Have you tried making muffins or pancakes using almond or coconut flour? I am going to try this weekend. WendyK was my inspiration there!!!:001_smile:

I haven't but then again I'm watching my sugars too and if I made pancakes, I'd want to drown them in syrup, so better to just avoid lol. (Sounds like the beginning of a story: If you give a mom a pancake....)

Muffins made with almond flour sound like a possibility, maybe I'll try that sometime. :)

I have a homemade smoothie most mornings for breakfast. Most mornings it consists of a banana, four or five strawberries, a cup of milk, half a cup of yogurt, and six or seven ice cubes (I like mine kind of icy). Sometimes I'll mix it up and add orange or grapes or some other fruit. Sometimes I have eggs/omelets instead- sometimes we make scrambled egg muffin things and bake them like mini quiches sort of and you can add spinach or other veggies. Sometimes I have fruit and cheese. But no more pancakes/muffins/cereals/toast or any of that stuff for me! Most of the time I don't even miss it. I've gotten used to not having it AND I like losing weight too much (which I never lost this quickly on any other type of diet)! :D