Menu

OK people

Imp has lots of inflection, groans, gasps, etc. It's the bolding, Imp.

Hmmm. I sound like a p*rn star, apparently. Funny enough, Wolf's best friend was telling another guy a while ago, "You have to listen to Wolf's wife on the phone! Seriously! She could work for a phone s*x line!" Wolf took it as a compliment :001_huh:

and Imp -- WHAT can I say about Imp? :grouphug:

Ok, now *that* scares me...that you can't think of anything but a hug...Uh oh...I'm that much trouble, eh?

:tongue_smilie:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm changing the subject here............... (notice the........whatever they are) Does anyone here have a cat that smells bad? I'm talking...............(whispering..........farty smelling?)

When my boys notice, it's bad. And believe me, they've noticed.

No, not here, but change the cat food, that should help.

I *still* get Aubrey and Audrey confused, even though Aubrey is no longer Aubrey. Every single time I open a thread started by Audrey, I have to look at the avatar to see which one it is, and then I feel dumb because I know Aubrey has a new screen name.

And NO, the irony is not lost on me at all. :D It's not the content of the posts that mixes me up, just the names.

I also confuse.... myself with TheScrappyHomeschooler. Several times, I've seen posts started by the other Scrappy and thought, "I don't remember starting that post!" :blush:

ETA: I also did not open this post for a long time thinking it was addressed to homeschoolers in Oklahoma. Then I saw how many posts it had and got nosy about what kind of kerfluffle there could be in Oklahoma!

I *still* get Aubrey and Audrey confused, even though Aubrey is no longer Aubrey. Every single time I open a thread started by Audrey, I have to look at the avatar to see which one it is, and then I feel dumb because I know Aubrey has a new screen name.

And NO, the irony is not lost on me at all. :D It's not the content of the posts that mixes me up, just the names.

I also confuse.... myself with TheScrappyHomeschooler. Several times, I've seen posts started by the other Scrappy and thought, "I don't remember starting that post!" :blush:

ETA: I also did not open this post for a long time thinking it was addressed to homeschoolers in Oklahoma. Then I saw how many posts it had and got nosy about what kind of kerfluffle there could be in Oklahoma!

I never get Aubrey Audrey mixed up anymore....did at first...

Hilarious that you get yourself confused with another Scrappy....thankfully I have a name that no one else chose!

Off the top of my head,

Nakia and I are in love with the same man. Well True Blood isn't on right now so I'm cheating on him, but still.

Spy Car and I agree on just about everything that the rest of you seem to disagree with.

Impish always uses a bolded font, which actually bugs me for some reason. Especially if she's disagreeing with me. I end up feeling like I'm being yelled at even though I highly doubt that's the case since most of the time I'm not even the one she's conversing with.

MarianNOVA used to have the awesome bird. But for a very good reason she has the ribbon now.

I have more, but those are the ones I think of first.

Ok, now *that* scares me...that you can't think of anything but a hug...Uh oh...I'm that much trouble, eh?

Well actually, I wanted to say something like I feel like you are my 5th daughter -- you are the same age as the olders, so you could be. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: But the xanax was making me fuzzy and I couldn't figure out how to say it without sounding sappy. But, the benefit of your not being my dd is that we are friends!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Well actually, I wanted to say something like I feel like you are my 5th daughter -- you are the same age as the olders, so you could be. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: But the xanax was making me fuzzy and I couldn't figure out how to say it without sounding sappy. But, the benefit of your not being my dd is that we are friends!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

That kind of sappy is what makes life sweeter. Thank you for such a lovely, wonderful compliment! :grouphug:

Natural purple eyes? That would be a slight bit creepy.

Yes....to the natural purple eyes. No, to the creepy, acutally. I think my eyes are quite lovely. To prove it, see photo of my eye below.

Sorry about that, I forgot to ask your permission before posting that family pic.

I just found it by googling the words "purple people".

Oh, yes. I forgot about that picture. Below is one I dug out of the family photo album. This is some of the fam. We had a great time that day at the beach. Oh the memories! I still get a kick outta remembering how cousin Violet had everyone laughing that day. Yep.....good times. Oh, I'm not in the photo....I was the one snapping the pics that day.

Slightly OT - does anyone else "hear" other posters?

Ester Maria's voice is rather throaty, with a charming Italian accent.

Scarlett, of course, sounds like a Southern belle.

Remudamom has a western twang. (Probably my association with the horses.)

Imp has lots of inflection, groans, gasps, etc. It's the bolding, Imp.

SpyCar and pqr both sound like preachers to me. :lol:

Audrey has a lower voice. I have no idea why.

:smilielol5:

Yeah. You sound like a whack job.

I have learned from this thread that I need to change myfont orcolor if I want to be noticed

:D

Well, there ya' go. As long as you learned something from this thread. :cheers2:

And Scarlett................................

For months, I received dozens of squares of beautiful quilt squares and then finally shipped them off to her.

I heart Scarlett!!!!!:001_smile:

And someday this disorganized woman will get them put into an actual quilt! My mom is suppose to help me...in the meantime the sit in the beautiful box you bought for me! Thank you!

Clearly I can't get you mixed up with anyone after your part in such a kind gesture...but I still can't spell your name without looking!

I always remember your posts, because you live someplace exotic sounding.

Wow, someone remembers me! :) And, mostly it only sounds exotic. We live in a metro area, even though yes, technically inside the tropics. And even though I pass the sign any time we go south, I still never remember if it's the Tropic of Cancer or the Tropic of Capricorn that is down here below the equator.

But the beaches 4 hrs from here.....no those are exotic and lovely. -happy sigh-

I'm having a weird aversion to opening this thread. Every time I read it I think it's a question for people who live in OK and skip down to the next thread title. Frustrating because I've already opened this like 20 times and know it has nothing to do with Oklahoma. :001_huh:

I think I need coffee. :leaving:

me too! LOL!

Girl....you can't just wait around for it to happen. Notice how I just jumped in and talked about myself. :rolleyes:

By the way...how are you just lurking with over 800 posts?? I think that's beyond lurker. That's somethin' else. I don't know what.....but that's somethin' else.

:D

Ah, well, I still read more than post....it's lucky there's no "time spent on forums reading" count anywhere, as that would be quite high. But lately I'm more and more disgruntled with the other forum I (now no longer) frequent, so I expect my time here will be more active these days. I'm trying!

So...I'll try and think of something interesting about myself, besides location, and chime in. Alas, I find myself rather boring.

But! I do remember Rosie as the one who starts the Monthly Craft Challenge threads, so, whew! I can contribute after all :)

Hmmm. I sound like a p*rn star, apparently. Funny enough, Wolf's best friend was telling another guy a while ago, "You have to listen to Wolf's wife on the phone! Seriously! She could work for a phone s*x line!" Wolf took it as a compliment :001_huh:

You sound TOTALLY normal to me, Imp. Your voice, that is........:001_tt2:

i'm sorry. i don't know why I find it so necessary to harrass you, but I just do.:D

You sound TOTALLY normal to me, Imp. Your voice, that is........:001_tt2:

i'm sorry. i don't know why I find it so necessary to harrass you, but I just do.:D

Family motto: We only bug those we love.

:iagree:

But she sure is fun to read.

:lol:

Whoa! Whoa! CUT!!!

(Waving arms and raising voice just a tad......)

I, yes, me.... am.... the self-proclaimed..... Queen of Dots!

Have been for years.....

But.... those of you who caught on and followed suit.... are in great company, right? Here is your official welcome into my court.....

(lol)(I'm SO not interested in relinquishing my crown... Do not attempt to overthrow me....)

Whoa! Whoa! CUT!!!

I hate to break it to ya' BMW..........but, I..............am the Queen of Dots.

:toetap05:

You may have been here a little longer............................but, compare the number of our posts. You gatta bit of catchin' up to do......................

Do ya' wanna...............................................................fight for it................for the Queen of Dots title??

Yes.....................................................................I'm attempting to overthrow you.

BRING IT ON SISTAH!!!!!.................................................................................

:boxing_smiley:

Edited by ~AprilMay~

When I read them, I picture that guy in Hollywood who does all the voice-overs for movies and such.

Oh, and I often get MommyFaithe and FaithManor mixed up. And the aforementioned ElegantLion and Laughing Lioness.

And I can't even figure out how to get my avatar to work. ?? So...I don't have one. :glare:

(Oh, and I don't have 'friends' on here, either. :lol: )

ETA: OOOOHHHH, so where it says 'Edit Avatar' ... yeah... ahem...

Edited by PeacefulChaos

I also did not open this thread because I thought it was for people in Oklahoma, or for people who are OK, neither of which am I. Then I was afraid to read it, because it was 18 pages at this point!

Oh, and I often get MommyFaithe and FaithManor mixed up. And the aforementioned ElegantLion and Laughing Lioness.

I get these and others mixed up, too. Heck, I get myself mixed up with the other "scrap" people, like scrappyhappymama and scrapbookbuzz and scrapbabe! :lol:

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

Quill has an inferiority complex and read through all 18 pages to see if someone mentioned something fascinating, annoying, ridiculous or otherwise noticeable that is distinctly Quill-like.

Nada. :leaving:

A.

How funny. Laughing Lioness is so much cooler than me. She has more kiddoes, a cool blog, fun activities, and her avatar smiles, mine glares. I would love to hang with her though, she just oozes joy.

Quill has an inferiority complex and read through all 18 pages to see if someone mentioned something fascinating, annoying, ridiculous or otherwise noticeable that is distinctly Quill-like.

Nada. :leaving:

You changed your avatar recently, didn't you? You used to have a quill? now you have a pretty picture.

Ok so after all this time I just realized, TODAY, that NanceXtoo is not NanceTX or whatever. I always thought she was in TX. Her name should be NancePAtoo. It would make my life easier.

Haha. But...but...my "Location" thingie says "Pennsylvania." See? Right over there ----------------------->

I read all the pages as well! Here is what I realize:

* posters who leave the greatest impressions have thousands of posts

* having an Avator is important (I will have to figure out how to get one)

I've had an inferiority complex since I've been on these boards but its not that big of a deal b/c I kind of like being in the shadows. What I've gained on these boards in terms of information has been priceless. I'll take that over being "popular." I only hope to share something of value one day which will help a newbie as much as many of the ladies here have helped me.

I more so post on the high school board. I'm rarely quoted and often times hear birds chirping after I post something. I seem to kill threads as well as I've noticed that I'm often the last poster on a long thread. I would be lying if I said that doesn't bother me. But I know its not personal, right?:tongue_smilie:

How funny. Laughing Lioness is so much cooler than me. She has more kiddoes, a cool blog, fun activities, and her avatar smiles, mine glares. I would love to hang with her though, she just oozes joy.

Ohhh. . . . she does, doesn't she? I sure hope she's reading this!!

But, EL - you do too! You do it in your words.

I've had an inferiority complex since I've been on these boards but its not that big of a deal b/c I kind of like being in the shadows. What I've gained on these boards in terms of information has been priceless. I'll take that over being "popular." I only hope to share something of value one day which will help a newbie as much as many of the ladies here have helped me.

I more so post on the high school board. I'm rarely quoted and often times hear birds chirping after I post something. I seem to kill threads as well as I've noticed that I'm often the last poster on a long thread. I would be lying if I said that doesn't bother me. But I know its not personal, right?:tongue_smilie:

Hello fellow thread killer!!!!! I quoted you so you'd feel important!!! (So, do you feel important?)

Hmmm. I sound like a p*rn star, apparently.

Oh, my. I didn't even think about how that would come across. :lol:

I meant more like, "My MIL called *sigh*."

Yeah. You sound like a whack job.

I'm hearing

. :tongue_smilie:

When I read them, I picture that guy in Hollywood who does all the voice-overs for movies and such.

That's awesome. :D

:leaving:

Look, Twerp, if I had to save you from a chicken, I would.

Keep in mind, I'd have a choice. Return at once to your (lower) spot in the pecking order.

I take kickboxing. I would kick that chicken into a deep fryer!

You've been complaining about being bored. I'm providing fascinating entertainment for you - free of charge.

(I have to leave now and Zumba for an hour. I should videotape it and then you could be entertained by the hilarious sight of me shaking my booty and other undignified but terribly fun moves.)

I'm having a weird aversion to opening this thread. Every time I read it I think it's a question for people who live in OK and skip down to the next thread title. Frustrating because I've already opened this like 20 times and know it has nothing to do with Oklahoma. :001_huh:

I think I need coffee. :leaving:

Me too, And getting mixed up with FaithManor is cool. She is a concert pianist and her dh and sons do cool blowing up stuff experiments! Me, I am boring:001_huh:

Faithe

Just messin' with you! I do like your name Quill. It makes me think of elegant writing on parchment.

Awww, thanks. That's just the image I aim for. :001_smile:

You changed your avatar recently, didn't you? You used to have a quill? now you have a pretty picture.

I used to have a porcupine, but before that I had a cat. I put up the porcupine as a joke from a discussion about avatars not matching usernames. And thank you re: pretty picture. :001_smile:

Me, too! :) :lol: I just seem to always come in really late on stuff, and everything interesting has already been talked about.

Sometimes, when I reply before reading everything else, I then discover that my reply to the OP is the only one in the midst of kilt pics... the thread has gone in a completely different direction by then. :lol:

You have another chance this morning. Do it!

I always have preferred watching exercise videos to participating.

Hear, hear. My great aunts do tai chi, and have for years. They hit the park and do their thing with about 30 other old Asians every morning as the sun comes up. When they visit me, they really miss it. Since they stay for a few months at a time, they also start getting soft (their words!) LOL. So I keep a tai chi DVD for them to use here. Would you believe that it's an amazing sleep technique? I pop it in, watch for 5-10 minutes from the sidelines, then I'm out like a light. Recommended. Participating would ruin a really good thing.

So. Tell one funny thing you've noticed about a forum member from their posts. Like an expression they use, or a habit they have...........

Scrapbookbuzz is really antsy to move out of the desert. Lots of post on wanting and hoping to get out ASAP. Hope she makes it sooner than later, especially with summer on her heels :tongue_smilie: