Menu

OK people

Me too, And getting mixed up with FaithManor is cool. She is a concert pianist and her dh and sons do cool blowing up stuff experiments! Me, I am boring:001_huh:

Faithe

You're not boring--wasn't it you who posted about your dh and kids using the dog to dust under the bed??:lol:

(And now I'm hoping *I* don't have you mixed up with someone!)

ETA--As I'm sitting here thinking about it, I'm thinking maybe that was Faithmanor after all! Now I gotta go check . . .

ETA again--Ok, so that *was* Faithmanor. So I guess I mix the two of you up as well! Anyway, it's a funny story if you haven't read it-- http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270129&highlight=dog+bed

Edited by Kirch

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And our triplet groups are the same age too! And I used to have a rough collie!!!

This is starting to remind me of the list of coincidences linking the assassinations of Lincoln ans JFK... (insert Twilight Zone bumper music).

It took me a while to get astrid and asta straight, but it's become easier. I always have to look carefully when I read a post by pQr/pGr, they are quite opposites and I have been startled by some posts until I look back and realize I've confused them.

There are some people who are *always* nice. I mean, snark never ever enters into their posts. I think especially of Kathleen in VA. Kathleen, you are funny and very kind hearted, even when you are on a rant (which I rarely see - but funny when it happens!).

MariannNOVA, I can imagine walking into her house to the smell of something delicious simmering or baking, from cookies to a savory feast. All those pics of the AGA must be sticking. I just know there's lots of Italian hospitality served up as well.

Ellie is a hula dancer extraordinaire. Every time I see her sig line I remind myself to check netflix streaming for an instructional video. :D

So much more I could comment on - so many here are distinctive personalities and each of you have an individual voice in my mind. As another poster suggested, I do "hear" each of you! There's just not enough space to list out all that the question in the OP brings to mind.

Oh, I do have to say I appreciate those on board who are professionals in their respective fields - medicine, epidemiology, law, real estate - your posts are full of balanced wisdom and have often helped settle my knee-jerk reactions about certain circumstances I've encountered myself.

Fun thread! Remuda, keep us posted on your diagnosis. You will have to trade the rum for gin, unless your cholesterol is also high; then you'll need a good cabernet. :lol:

Happy St. Pat's everyone - have a great Saturday!

Whoa! Whoa! CUT!!!

(Waving arms and raising voice just a tad......)

I, yes, me.... am.... the self-proclaimed..... Queen of Dots!

Have been for years.....

But.... those of you who caught on and followed suit.... are in great company, right? Here is your official welcome into my court.....

(lol)(I'm SO not interested in relinquishing my crown... Do not attempt to overthrow me....)

Whoa! Whoa! CUT!!!

I hate to break it to ya' BMW..........but, I..............am the Queen of Dots.

:toetap05:

You may have been here a little longer............................but, compare the number of our posts. You gatta bit of catchin' up to do......................

Do ya' wanna...............................................................fight for it................for the Queen of Dots title??

Yes.....................................................................I'm attempting to overthrow you.

BRING IT ON SISTAH!!!!!.................................................................................

:boxing_smiley:

Well :toetap05: .................what do you all think?? It's been over 24 hours since I called BMW out.............................and she hasn't shown. :toetap05: And..................I was all ready to rumble and take her down. :boxing_smiley: I think maybe she got scared off by my challange...............and she hopped in her BMW..........and she done r.u.n.n.o.f.t. :auto: .

So........................................does this mean I win the Queen of Dots title by forfeit now or what??

Some play doctor and rely too much on Western Medicine.

If I did I would already be dead. I use it when necessary.

My own mom used it way too much and set me up for major problems with way too many antibiotics, and too many unhealthy foods. I love my children and want them to be as healthy as possible, and with pesticides, and toxins rampant it will be difficult enough!

Mother Love is powerful too!

My own mom used it way too much and set me up for major problems with way too many antibiotics, and too many unhealthy foods. I love my children and want them to be as healthy as possible, and with pesticides, and toxins rampant it will be difficult enough!

Well I play doctor, and I used to "play doctor" I have to say the "play doctor" was much more fun but since that no longer happens, I have to settle for pretending to be one online ;)

:confused: I guess I don't know what you mean.

Many here ask others for BTDT experiences with certain conditions. We are not playing doctor when we answer those posts with our own experiences with certain medications and/or alternative treatments.

Many here are medical professionals. I know that on occasion they have been very gracious in explaining certain conditions, medications and treatment protocol.

Many here have extensively researched alternative treatments and there is (or was since she hasn't been posting lately) at least one person trained as a naturopathic doctor. They have shared their experience with alternative treatments.

I like the fact that people get advice from both allopathic and naturopathic views and can make up their own mind along with their doctors on treatments for themselves and their loved ones.

And some of us would be dead without it. ;)

Yep. :D

:confused: I guess I don't know what you mean.

Many here ask others for BTDT experiences with certain conditions. We are not playing doctor when we answer those posts with our own experiences with certain medications and/or alternative treatments.

Many here are medical professionals. I know that on occasion they have been very gracious in explaining certain conditions, medications and treatment protocol.

Many here have extensively researched alternative treatments and there is (or was since she hasn't been posting lately) at least one person trained as a naturopathic doctor. They have shared their experience with alternative treatments.

I like the fact that people get advice from both allopathic and naturopathic views and can make up their own mind along with their doctors on treatments for themselves and their loved ones.

:iagree:

Let's see, I would be in a wheelchair, dh would be dead and so would three of our children...........I'll take modern medicine.

I love my kids.....it wouldn't have helped one. tiny. bit.

This is starting to remind me of the list of coincidences linking the assassinations of Lincoln ans JFK... (insert Twilight Zone bumper music).

It took me a while to get astrid and asta straight, but it's become easier. I always have to look carefully when I read a post by pQr/pGr, they are quite opposites and I have been startled by some posts until I look back and realize I've confused them.

There are some people who are *always* nice. I mean, snark never ever enters into their posts. I think especially of Kathleen in VA. Kathleen, you are funny and very kind hearted, even when you are on a rant (which I rarely see - but funny when it happens!).

MariannNOVA, I can imagine walking into her house to the smell of something delicious simmering or baking, from cookies to a savory feast. All those pics of the AGA must be sticking. I just know there's lots of Italian hospitality served up as well.

Ellie is a hula dancer extraordinaire. Every time I see her sig line I remind myself to check netflix streaming for an instructional video. :D

So much more I could comment on - so many here are distinctive personalities and each of you have an individual voice in my mind. As another poster suggested, I do "hear" each of you! There's just not enough space to list out all that the question in the OP brings to mind.

Oh, I do have to say I appreciate those on board who are professionals in their respective fields - medicine, epidemiology, law, real estate - your posts are full of balanced wisdom and have often helped settle my knee-jerk reactions about certain circumstances I've encountered myself.

Fun thread! Remuda, keep us posted on your diagnosis. You will have to trade the rum for gin, unless your cholesterol is also high; then you'll need a good cabernet. :lol:

Happy St. Pat's everyone - have a great Saturday!

Awwwww, thank you! I can imagine living next door to you or at least in the same neighborhood. I think we would get along well.

I can also imagine living near Jennifer MI -- I think we would get along well too.

I often wonder why I think I would get along well with so many from this board and I clearly suck at friendships IRL.:glare:

Jenningfer in MI thanks for acknowledging my presence. I felt important for one second. Then I saw how I was totally ignored on this thread:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358493

Look at how Joy of Six thanked the other poster for her helpful advice. So my feeling of importance went right away. Oh well I guess I have nothing important to say. I'm going to give my own self a hug :grouphug:

Jenningfer in MI thanks for acknowledging my presence. I felt important for one second. Then I saw how I was totally ignored on this thread:

Look at how Joy of Six thanked the other poster for her helpful advice. So my feeling of importance went right away. Oh well I guess I have nothing important to say. I'm going to give my own self a hug :grouphug:

:nopity:

Just kiddin' jamajo! :lol: Actually I just quoted you so you could feel important again and not feel ignored. :001_smile: I know how it is to be ignored......................see how nobody is acknowledging my winning the Queen of Dots title by forfeit?? :glare:

I also kill a lot of threads................watch.........this will probably be one of them.

:001_smile:

Looking at the highest post counts to guide me....these are the posters who have personality traits that jump out at me, and the first things that pop into my head when I see these names. There are so many more I could mention, I could fill a thread by myself. LOL

JeaninNewcastle has a lot of quite wisdome to share

Mrsmungo has traveled the world

Elegantlion has cute curly hair

Parrothead loves Jimmy

Spycar has a lot of logical wisdom

Kalanmalak deals with phych patients so we don't have to.

Elie is cute

Pencil Pusher is missed

Imp loves chaos LOL JK

ETA: Rosie 0810 lives where it is warm and has a lovely unique no nonsence perspective

Marinova has an AGA but won't for long

Lauracorin has lived in several countries since coming to these boards

Nmoira lives close to me

Nestof3 likes to scrapbook

Denisemomof4 is hugely compassionate

Abbeyj is a sweetie

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Looking at the highest post counts to guide me....these are the posters who have personality traits that jump out at me, and the first things that pop into my head when I see these names. There are so many more I could mention, I could fill a thread by myself. LOL

Parrothead loves Jimmy

Elie is cute

Pencil Pusher is missed

Imp loves chaos LOL JK

Rosie lives where it is warm and has a lovely unique no nonsence perspective

Nmoira lives close to me

Abbeyj is a sweetie

So funny!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Parrothead loves Jimmy

Elie is cute

Pencil Pusher is missed

Imp loves chaos LOL JK

Rosie lives where it is warm and has a lovely unique no nonsence perspective

Nmoira lives close to me

Abbeyj is a sweetie

speaking of hugely compassionate and sweet beyond words.....................:001_smile:

You are the one and only!

Nope

isn't she the American wannabe? :tongue_smilie::lol:

Smarty britches! I don't know where the other Rosie comes from but if there are any American wannabes called Rosie around here, it's her not me!

What an accusation! :eek:

Rosie

Nope

Smarty britches! I don't know where the other Rosie comes from but if there are any American wannabes called Rosie around here, it's her not me!

What an accusation! :eek:

Rosie

Two Rivkas AND two Rosies? Seriously, how do I miss these things?

I won't name names, but the people who stand out here (for me) are the ones who I perceive as very brave: forthcoming about adversity, but not engrossed in a pity-party. I admire bravery, so it makes sense they are the ones I notice.

That takes me off the list :lol: Didn't I just have a pity party thread earlier this week ;)

What impresses me about this board are things associated with the history. There are a couple of dozen of us who came here over a decade ago, weathered the Veg Source exodus which resulted in this board's explosion, other kerfluffles of note.

We've been through births, deaths, rites of passage (dd's getting their periods, moms losing theirs), we've gained and lost 100's of pounds, gained and lost a few husbands, switched math curriculum, gone from vegan to low carb and back, watched our parents age, been critical of many things, and offered endless grace to as many, watched our kids grow into teens and young adults, become grandparents..........

It's been a virtual neighborhood, complete with the joys, comfort, fights, issues, boundary crossings, reunifications, etc.

Thank you.

What impresses me about this board are things associated with the history. There are a couple of dozen of us who came here over a decade ago, weathered the Veg Source exodus which resulted in this board's explosion, other kerfluffles of note.

We've been through births, deaths, rites of passage (dd's getting their periods, moms losing theirs), we've gained and lost 100's of pounds, gained and lost a few husbands, switched math curriculum, gone from vegan to low carb and back, watched our parents age, been critical of many things, and offered endless grace to as many, watched our kids grow into teens and young adults, become grandparents..........

It's been a virtual neighborhood, complete with the joys, comfort, fights, issues, boundary crossings, reunifications, etc.

Thank you.

Well said, Joanne

Thank you.

Awesome!!!!!

Thank you.

Nicely put.:iagree:

I've really enjoyed reading this thread... I've lurked here for a long time so I feel like I know a lot of you, even though no one knows who I am. :tongue_smilie:

I really, really admire so many of you. And when I'm having a tough day, I can count on coming here for a smile. :001_smile:

:iagree:Lol, This is totally me. I'll hug you, jamajo! :grouphug:

thanks AprilMay for "talking" to me. Congrats on your title queen of dots. You rule.

Why.................thank you very much! :w00t: I don't believe anyone has ever told me that I rule. :blush: But................it is quite fitting for a Queen. Did you know that I'm not only the new Queen of Dots.....................I was also a Queen Bee here for quite some time. I have now entered Empress Bee status. :thumbup: We Empress Bees know how important it is to talk to the little worker/forager bees.............such as yourself. Soon you will be a Scout Bee.

You can join my QofD victory celebration.....................(so far it's just you and I................if you decide to show up, that is).

:party:

Edited by ~AprilMay~

No.... There is only one Rosie and she is an American at heart .

:lol::lol::lol:

Those are fighting words, Denise, you cultural imperialist! :boxing_smiley:

No I am not an American at heart! I just study them. Jane Goodall studies chimps, she is not a chimp. I study Americans, I am not American. It just isn't possible OR DESIRABLE!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!

:rant:

:lol:

Those are fighting words, Denise, you cultural imperialist! :boxing_smiley:

No I am not an American at heart! I just study them. Jane Goodall studies chimps, she is not a chimp. I study Americans, I am not American. It just isn't possible OR DESIRABLE!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!!

:rant:

:lol:

you go get'm

I'll watch

You didn't see my response to you? :confused:

:001_huh:

I was also a Queen Bee here for quite some time. I have now entered Empress Bee status. :thumbup: We Empress Bees know how important it is to talk to the little worker/forager bees.............such as yourself. Soon you will be a Scout Bee.

You can join my QofD victory celebration.....................(so far it's just you and I................if you decide to show up, that is).

:party:

This made me laugh....thank you! I am a little worker bee. :lol:

I've really enjoyed reading this thread... I've lurked here for a long time so I feel like I know a lot of you, even though no one knows who I am. :tongue_smilie:

I really, really admire so many of you. And when I'm having a tough day, I can count on coming here for a smile. :001_smile:

:iagree:Lol, This is totally me. I'll hug you, jamajo! :grouphug:

Yee Haw! I got another quote...I'm on a roll..:lol:

You didn't see my response to you? :confused:

:001_huh:

Just saw it...thanks for humoring me since you are a top bee and all. I feel privileged. Now let's just hope I haven't killed this thread. Usually when I have multiple replies on a page that means the thread is coming to an end.:001_huh:

Just saw it...thanks for humoring me since you are a top bee and all. I feel privileged. Now let's just hope I haven't killed this thread. Usually when I have multiple replies on a page that means the thread is coming to an end.:001_huh:

Well, that and the fact that this thread is 25 pages long! That often ends a thread....when we have talked ourselves to death.