Menu

OK people

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ElegantLion you changed your avatar didn't you? THAT is why I keep getting confused. I don't know how many times I'v had to double check your signature line lately to be sure you are you.

I was Gandalf for a while, before that a sleeping lion, now I'm just watching and waiting. It's metaphorical as well.

Here is something interesting....... (... are for you Remudamom)

One night we were discussing the "friend" section of the board and I commented I had none. :glare:

So, out of pity Jean in Newcastle, Parrothead and Judomom "friended" me but.... (and here comes the interesting part) I find that I usually agree with them! --- You know..... like friends do.

Lara

:lol: It wasn't out of pity!

LOL

Locked threads don't subtract from post count...just deleted ones. I think.

So my post count could actually go down? :001_huh: I've only been involved, and mostly tangentially, in a few deleted threads...except that one I got banned for. Forgot about that one.

You got banned? :001_huh: What did you do?

I started a thread to ask about the NDAA. I truly didn't mean it to be political, I just wanted to see if I correctly understood, and get the perspective of some of the military families on the board. Looking back on it, I can totally see how it violated the rules though. Oops.

I went to the list of posters by count and I definitely think of something specific when I see each of those names.

My first thoughts of people is in no way meant to cover 'all' I think about them..

Jean has a lot of health problems.

Mrs. Mungo likes Mikes

WendyK is an atheist but not rabid. (now I am second guessing myself on that...so sorry if I'm wrong)

ElegantLion has an only like me and she and her dh have had some hard times in the last year like my dh and I---with work and whatnot.

Parrothead is Chuckie and she is definitely female.

Chris in VA and Transient Chris I constantly mix up.

Spy Car and I do not agree on anything---probably not even the color of the sky.

Kalanamak works in the psychiatric field and I find her posts very interesting.

And on it goes.

:lol::lol::lol::

I started a thread to ask about the NDAA. I truly didn't mean it to be political, I just wanted to see if I correctly understood, and get the perspective of some of the military families on the board. Looking back on it, I can totally see how it violated the rules though. Oops.

Ah. A political thread...a big no no. Right up there with no husband bashing.

I would like to say that while the few rules that are on this board are strictly enforced, we basically have free range...SWB is so kind to let us discuss other curriculum and methods...I am currently on a marriage board that I have grown to HATE due to the constant editing out of ANYTHING that isn't towing the party line. I HATE it. Makes me really appreciate this board.

I'm having a weird aversion to opening this thread. Every time I read it I think it's a question for people who live in OK and skip down to the next thread title. Frustrating because I've already opened this like 20 times and know it has nothing to do with Oklahoma. :001_huh:

I think I need coffee. :leaving:

I'm having a weird aversion to opening this thread. Every time I read it I think it's a question for people who live in OK and skip down to the next thread title. Frustrating because I've already opened this like 20 times and know it has nothing to do with Oklahoma. :001_huh:

I think I need coffee. :leaving:

I thought it was about Oklahoma, too. I figured Remudamom was looking for more horses, chickens, or rum from Oklahoma.

this is a fun thread for newbies (such as myself) to read & get to know you guys.

I look forward to the day when I'm (gasp! is it possible??) well known enough to have someone remember something about me; I seriously need to stop lurking and just jump on in.....

Girl....you can't just wait around for it to happen. Notice how I just jumped in and talked about myself. :rolleyes:

By the way...how are you just lurking with over 800 posts?? I think that's beyond lurker. That's somethin' else. I don't know what.....but that's somethin' else.

:D

Hmm.

Mrs. Mungo always gives very wise advice, imo.

Spycar always makes me laugh in a "it's funny because it's true" sort of way.

Ellie really, really dislikes virtual public schools. :tongue_smilie:

I don't think I've ever seen Audrey's feathers get ruffled over anything- wish I had her ability to not work myself up about stuff.

I'm sure there's more, but I need to go get my banana bread out of the oven and, you know, eat it.

Man, was I glad I wasn't drinking something when I read that! :drool:

True........ever so true. :smilielol5:

Well you are the only one allowed to change her pic, since you are the only one who is purple. :) BTW if we ever meet in real life I except you to have purple skin, or at the very least purple hair.

:lol: Nah. But, I just might have purple eyes.

Creepy!

Hey....what can I say? I like purple. Is that a crime? Maybe I like to stand out in the crowd. The rest of you are boring black verdana. :001_smile:

Edited by ~AprilMay~

Girl....you can't just wait around for it to happen. Notice how I just jumped in and talked about myself. :rolleyes:

By the way...how are you just lurking with over 800 posts?? I think that's beyond lurker. That's somethin' else. I don't know what.....but that's somethin' else.

:D

Man, was I glad I wasn't drinking something when I read that! :drool:

True........ever so true. :smilielol5:

:lol: Nah. But, I just might have purple eyes.

Creepy!

Hey....what can I say? I like purple. Is that a crime? Maybe I like to stand out in the crowd. The rest of you are boring black verdana. :001_smile:

Natural purple eyes? That would be a slight bit creepy.

Yes, she really is. She creeps me out.

.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Success!

And now she's trying to post incognito to trick us! We still know it's you even without the bolding! :lol:

*snicker* I kinda wonder how many read that, and then realized who posted it :D

Well, we'll see about the rum. If they convince me I have diabetes do I have to give it up?

Sadly yes. At least it means you should. Of course, my SIL is Type 1 and on an insulin pump, and she drinks wine like crazy. She says being on insulin she doesn't have to worry about it, she just increases her amount of insulin to make up for it. :001_huh: I'm pretty sure that isn't quite how it works but....

I hope you don't have diabetes!

Julie, Julie, Julie....don't you know how rude it is to post family photos without permission?? :glare:

I would really like to know which of our family photos you posted. But....I can't get the link to work. :( (notice that this sad face is purple??). :D

Sorry about that, I forgot to ask your permission before posting that family pic.

I just found it by googling the words "purple people".

There are two people on this forum who use Rivka, that I've seen, and neither is Jewish. IRL I don't think I've ever known a Rivka who wasn't Jewish.

There are two Rivkas? I only "know" one, I think...

Ester Maria uses italics to emphasize her points.

I confuse Remudamom and Rosie_0801 sometimes. I think because they're both no-nonsense, tell it like it is types. I like that about them.

I'm another that often agrees with Audrey though we're complete opposites on religion.

Slightly OT - does anyone else "hear" other posters?

Ester Maria's voice is rather throaty, with a charming Italian accent.

Scarlett, of course, sounds like a Southern belle.

Remudamom has a western twang. (Probably my association with the horses.)

Imp has lots of inflection, groans, gasps, etc. It's the bolding, Imp.

SpyCar and pqr both sound like preachers to me. :lol:

Audrey has a lower voice. I have no idea why.

Should that be a spin-off?

Oh, and you probably don't recognize me. I mostly lurk. :001_smile:

Edited by mrbmom77
typo

I know I have mentioned here that I have Memory problems. Probably have done so a million times.

I swear Bikebookbread used to have the avatar Remudamom now does. Is this true?

It is funny how we remember the silliest things. At least I do.:tongue_smilie:

yup - BBB did have the tardis avatar.

These are the people I mix up all the time - and it's only because of their names -- not because of their approach to stuff.

ElegantLion and Laughing Lioness

Remudamom and Dirty Ethel Rackman (do not ask me how in the world they are similar -- but I am only in the past year keeping them straight)

MommyFaithe and FaithManor

justamouse and NightElf

swellmomma and specialmama

And, lately I've noticed that we have a dustybug and I know danybug b/c we spent time with them on vacation a couple of years ago.

Tammy in Germany now lives near me in northern virginia

and Imp -- WHAT can I say about Imp? :grouphug:

And I could probably think of more stuff like this, but I am hoping to actually sleep tonight - before 4am with any luck -- as I had my xanax script filled.:sleep:

Sadly yes. At least it means you should. Of course, my SIL is Type 1 and on an insulin pump, and she drinks wine like crazy. She says being on insulin she doesn't have to worry about it, she just increases her amount of insulin to make up for it. :001_huh: I'm pretty sure that isn't quite how it works but....

I hope you don't have diabetes!

Not good!

I try to eat a low glycemic diet and drink lower glycemic drinks for the most part. I don't drink much these days.... But admittedly enjoy drinks more in the summer.

I am hypoglycemic.

remudamom, the same will be ideal for you if you are diabetic. I look forward to an update telling us you aren't diabetic!