Menu

Do you clean when you're mad? Just curious.

When I'm really upset about something, I clean. It's how I get my frustration out. I like to try to channel that 'energy' to something productive. Especially if the thing I'm upset/annoyed/irritated about I have ZERO control over or influence on. I scrub, and wipe, clean floors, pick up and put away, etc.

I have a sparkling clean broiler pan right now (seriously, the thing looks almost like brand new) 'cause I was annoyed over something this morning. :tongue_smilie: . It really is nothing big or important. And everything's totally fine, and I'm over it now. But this morning, I was annoyed, and knew I should just let it go, but I couldn't.

When I get like that, I clean until I'm a bit calmer, then I clean AND pray. Sometimes I just scrub a broiler pan; sometimes my whole house is spotless before I feel better. :lol: I really try not to yell, or say things I'll regret later, so this gives me something to *do* while I calm down.

Maybe it gives me a sense of control at a time I'm feeling upset over something I have no way of changing? I don't know. But it helps.

Dh has made a joke or two in the past that, if he ever thought the house was messy and wanted it picked up, he could just pick a fight with me. :glare: :D He's probably right.

Anyone else a cleaning freak when they're upset? Or maybe you have something else unusual you do that you'd like to share with the group... :D

Edited by bethanyniez

If I did maybe my house wouldn't be so dang messy! Maybe some of you mad cleaners can come to my house when your mad! Fell free to PM me and I'll give you my address!!

As of child birth I have been eating my feeling away! Before child birth I would walk, or run, or dance or make something....there's nothing like the sound of ripping fabric.:001_smile:

I have a "mad scale":

Somewhat upset = sudden burst of picking up and putting away/reorganizing drawers and such

Very upset = running load after load of laundry to the point of looking for anything that can be washed (one time every single blanket in the house got washed...that's a lot of blankets)

Rip roaring get-out-of-my-way mad: I CLEAN like crazy! The dirtier and harder to clean something the better (broiler pans come in quite handy, I must say).

I can definitely empthasize with the OP. :D

For me it is most definitely because of my feeling out of control hence I find things to do that I can control. I'm an emotional cleaner.

Yes, I clean when I'm angry or worried. I need something to get ticked about, because my bedroom could use a good cleaning (I guess it's been a week since I cleaned it, which means the week is almost over-time flies!). I also clean when I'm on the phone, but I don't have anyone to talk to :tongue_smilie: All my contacts only communicate via Facebook or texting. One friend calls me when she is waiting in line to pick up her DC from school, but I am usually too busy doing school with the kids.

Anyone else a cleaning freak when they're upset? Or maybe you have something else unusual you do that you'd like to share with the group... :D

Yes, I clean and I get the laundry TOTALLY done - washed, dried, folded, put away.

It's somewhat of a 'problem' right now b/c with the house on the market, it is ALWAYS clean and the laundry is ALWAYS done. :glare:

But, cleaning is cathartic for me. My mom is the same way.:glare:

It clearly does not skip a generation.:001_huh:

Very upset = running load after load of laundry to the point of looking for anything that can be washed (one time every single blanket in the house got washed...that's a lot of blankets)

Wow! I wish I could hold on to a mad that long. :glare::D

Yes, I clean when I'm angry. I also clean when I have cabin fever.