• 5'6"- 5'8"
    • 5'9" +
    • Abstain; I don't want The Man to know

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 5'1" - 5'2" but ... I lied :lol: that's what my driver's license says, but I'm really only 5'1/2" (I just used to have bigger hair).

So, great; I bet you ladies all have kids taller than I am.

So much for going to bed happy, now I'm sulking through the meadow among the toads and snakes. You know, the other things my height LOL.

You suck. And I say that with great affection and intense jealousy.

Mostly height is useful for one thing: When I am shopping at the grocery store height-challenged strangers ask me to reach stuff on the high shelves for them. I always do it, because I can't imagine standing there not being able to reach the root beer.

I rejected no fewer than four offers of marriage from semi-gorgeous and successful men because they were shorter than me. The man I did marry is 6 ft tall but if he slouches I look taller because I have better posture. I haven't worn heels in almost 20 years.

I have to order long-legged jeans for giants through the mail, and no sweaters ever have sleeves long enough.

Still jealous? :lol:

Mostly height is useful for one thing: When I am shopping at the grocery store height-challenged strangers ask me to reach stuff on the high shelves for them. I always do it, because I can't imagine standing there not being able to reach the root beer.

I rejected no fewer than four offers of marriage from semi-gorgeous and successful men because they were shorter than me. The one I did marry is 6ft tall but if he slouches I look taller because I have better posture. I haven't worn heels in almost 20 years.

I have to order long-legged jeans for giants through the mail, and no sweaters ever have sleeves long enough.

Yes, because I'm that person who can never reach the root beer. :D

I rejected no fewer than four offers of marriage from semi-gorgeous and successful men because they were shorter than me. The man I did marry is 6 ft tall but if he slouches I look taller because I have better posture. I haven't worn heels in almost 20 years.

I'm one of the people waiting for tall people to come down the aisle so that I can ask them to get something down for me.

And jeans and sweaters always have legs and sleeves that are too long for me!

You need more tall numbers. I'm 6'.

Like Tibbie, I, too, refused more than my share of men shorter than me. I'm not sure why, other than the fact that I simply wasn't attracted to shorter men. I never refuse a "can you reach that for me" request either. I do understand the frustration of trying to find pants long enough, but I do my own alterations, which helps immensely. As for blouses, I end up pushing up sleeves to look 3/4 length, then pile on bangles and bracelets. Contrary to Tibbie, I do wear heels -- as often as possible. I like being tall, but I like being taller, too. ;)

Like Tibbie, I, too, refused more than my share of men shorter than me. I'm not sure why, other than the fact that I simply wasn't attracted to shorter men. I never refuse a "can you reach that for me" request either. I do understand the frustration of trying to find pants long enough, but I do my own alterations, which helps immensely. As for blouses, I end up pushing up sleeves to look 3/4 length, then pile on bangles and bracelets. Contrary to Tibbie, I do wear heels -- as often as possible. I like being tall, but I like being taller, too. ;)

I like the heels and bangles look on tall women but I've never had the confidence! I'm considering some changes, though. I was raised to be very demure and modest, but I'm pushing 40 and Mom's training is finally starting to wear off.

Just goes to show which end of the spectrum I'm on :tongue_smilie:it didn't occur to me to go higher than what I thought was already super tall!

My brothers are all over 6'4" and always joke that someone must've peed in my gene pool for me to barely crack 5' (on a day I'm working the good posture). I still have to climb on counters to reach into the top shelves of my kitchen cabinets :lol: I haven't found a step ladder tall enough yet. My kids and I look like monkeys, and my poor husband finds us all so very uncouth LOL.

I like the heels and bangles look on tall women but I've never had the confidence! I'm considering some changes, though. I was raised to be very demure and modest, but I'm pushing 40 and Mom's training is finally starting to wear off.

I have the confidence, but mine manifests in the need for comfort and not giving a hoot for what anyone else thinks, resulting in a wardrobe of yoga pants and tennis shoes. I'm in awe of you women who can wear heels for any reason, at any height!

I'm just scraping 5'0". I stand on a step stool to stir the stock pot. :tongue_smilie:

I have a friend / old coworker that I don't get to see very often and she's always shocked at how short I am. She thinks I'm the same height as her (5'7")... Chalks it up to my "tall personality". :lol:

I don't have trouble reaching grocery shelves, though, unless something is on top, way in the back... Do you think they do some sort of population height survey when they build? That would be weird, but sort of helpful.

6' here too. I used to play college volleyball and I was usually the tallest on the team. The other night I was watching the NCAA volleyball finals between Illinois and UCLA. They had many girls at 6'5" and 6'6" on the team. I think the SHORTEST girl on the court was 5'11"! 4/6 of my kids are girls and my husband is 6'3". I hope my girls don't get that UBERtall. So difficult when shopping and dating!

I was 5'9" before kids. Sigh. No one warned me that I was going to get shorter, and wider and have bigger feet. :glare:

So for the sake of honesty I voted for what I am now. But, darn it, it sure made me sad.

Ahhhh, so it's not all in my imagination. I was 5' 5.5" when pregnant with first dd. I was quite upset when I found out last year that I'm now actually 5'4" especially when that first born dd (now 11) is 5'1" :glare:

I was 5'9" before kids. Sigh. No one warned me that I was going to get shorter, and wider and have bigger feet. :glare:

So for the sake of honesty I voted for what I am now. But, darn it, it sure made me sad.

The bigger feet thing is really annoying. I've thrown out or donated shoes after every pregnancy. Just crazy.

I voted 5'1" - 5'2" but ... I lied :lol: that's what my driver's license says, but I'm really only 5'1/2" (I just used to have bigger hair).

So, great; I bet you ladies all have kids taller than I am.

So much for going to bed happy, now I'm sulking through the meadow among the toads and snakes. You know, the other things my height LOL.

Haha...me too....just under 5'1".... But I voted 5'1".....because that is what my drivers license says.....also due to my 80's hair:D

Faithe