• 5'6"- 5'8"
    • 5'9" +
    • Abstain; I don't want The Man to know

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 5'8" self is nicely matched with my 6'3" husband.

Unrelated, but yesterday was our 22 year anniversary. :001_wub:

Congratulations on 22 years of marriage!

I'm 5'1/2" and my husband is 5'8" or 5'9" - depending on if you believe is mother or the Army. And lemme tell ya, that's a tough call LOL.

His sister is 5'7" and married a man who is 6'5"; it's so funny for me to see them together because she's super tall (compared to me) but she looks so short when she stands next to him! (For the record, I refuse to stand next to him; in our last family picture he and I were about the same height, but I was in heels and he was sitting. Stupid genes!)

I think a lot of tall guys prefer more petite women

So true. Before anyone on the shorter end gets jealous, realize that besides difficulties finding clothing the dating pool can get very small when you're taller than 1/2 the men and half of the rest prefer petite girls.

I had to broaden my horizons before I met dh. He's half an inch shorter then me (I'm 5'10") when he stands up straight. His father thanked me for improving his posture.

And jeans and sweaters always have legs and sleeves that are too long for me!

Well, I'm about 5'10 and jeans and sweaters almost always have legs/sleeves TOO SHORT for me! So... disadvantages to being short, but disadvantages to being tall, too. Maybe we should "hate" all those average-sized ladies. Who's with me?

Edited by zaichiki

Like Tibbie, I, too, refused more than my share of men shorter than me. I'm not sure why, other than the fact that I simply wasn't attracted to shorter men.

:rolleyes: Yeah... me too... but I ended up with a handsome tall man. :D

Still, there were some short guys I dated who I would have *enjoyed* dating, if I could have gotten over my embarrassment about being 6 inches taller than they were. (I felt like a giant.) It was awful when they pushed for the *reason* when I tried to break it off -- I hated telling them that I felt self-conscious being the taller one.

Edited by zaichiki

Now I'm curious how you all pair off with DHs! Surely the tall women have tall husbands, but what about the shorter ones...did you marry short too? I'm 5'1" as I said and DH is almost a full foot taller than me at 6'0". :001_huh::tongue_smilie:

I have two aunts who are about a foot or more(!) shorter than their husbands. I was very curious as a teen... and I asked one aunt *how* on earth they reached each other when being together... ahem... you know what I mean. :lol:

You Americans are all so tall! Average height for a woman in the UK was 5'4" the last time I checked. I guess that most of us on this board are under sixty, however, so that probably pushes the average up.

I'm a short Brit (5'4") married to a short Texan (5'6" on a good day).

Laura

I'm 5'4ish and DH is 6'. He is all torso though, needing only a 29" inseam so he is a lot taller than I am when we sit down.

I frequently climb on shelves to reach something high. I live in a rural area and there just aren't that many tall people in the grocery store regularly. I'd be waiting a long time if I waited for a tall person. I do get irritated with my husband for thinking the top shelf of the cabinet is a reasonable place to store things you use daily.

I had to broaden my horizons before I met dh. He's half an inch shorter then me (I'm 5'10") when he stands up straight. His father thanked me for improving his posture.

Ha ha! My kids appear to think it's normal for mothers to be the tallest members of the household. It's quite hilarious, actually. They're always telling me how strange it is that people think boys are taller.

Now I'm curious how you all pair off with DHs! Surely the tall women have tall husbands, but what about the shorter ones...did you marry short too? I'm 5'1" as I said and DH is almost a full foot taller than me at 6'0". :001_huh::tongue_smilie:

Yes, he's taller than me, but not if I wear 4" heels. We're good up to that point. I keep telling myself that one day I'm going to learn how to walk in 6" heels. :lol:

I am 5' 1ish...my dh is 6'4".... He is also WAY bigger than me...like 200lbs bigger. He is total Viking manhood! Lol. I am very petite...but we have had 7 kids...:lol::lol: so no problem there:D

Faithe