Menu

Please help me!!!! My boys will not stop FARTING!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for inoffensive threads!

My kids just started thinking this is funny. I hope it does not last long.

I have 3 brothers and I still think they consider farting to be funny. Ugh.

Yeah, my 6yr old just sat on the couch and said, "Wait for it....wait for it...wait for it....OH YEAH!" :tongue_smilie:

About a month ago, the boys were walking out of the living room to brush their teeth, Quinn following Holden. Suddenly, Holden stops and says "Quinn! Quinn! Listen!" <thbbbbbbbbtttttt>

How did I handle it? I hid my face and held my breath while my husband - exercising great willpower and presence of mind - yelled something about that beig rude.

And then I dissolved into helpless, gasping giggling as soon as they were out of earshot. :lol:

It never ends. All you can do is train them not to do at the dinner table or church, etc. They will always think it is funny. It's a guy thing.

Wait, wait, how did you end it at the dinner table? So far my only success has been fart banning in church, and that's only because the boys got old enough to notice girls.

Wait, wait, how did you end it at the dinner table? So far my only success has been fart banning in church, and that's only because the boys got old enough to notice girls.

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: You win! Best coinage of the year! Fart banning!

I should also mention that he will fart in another room, call me and when I get close to him, he will say, "Man, do you SMELL that?"

One time a friend of ours told him that he had the most relaxed colon he had ever seen. lol

Yes ladies, this charmer is all mine. :tongue_smilie:

I was raised in a family where you never, ever spoke of things like this. Ever. DH was one of three boys. Need I say more? I have to say, though, that some of the funniest family stories come from those kinds of things. Like when one of the boys ripped one into a jar and then closed it up and gave it to one of others to open. Even I laugh at that one--after pretending to be very disapproving and tsk-tsking a bit.

DH knows that this is a sensitive subject for me, so it doesn't come up here too much. There are times, though, when I know...I just KNOW...he is dying to shove my head under the covers. Some habits do die hard.

It is driving me nuts!!!!! How do you handle this in your family? :tongue_smilie:

Well, I complained once...and my ds asked me.."what do you want me to do?? Xplode??".

That was the end of my complaining....:001_huh:

Boys are quite musical and amused by themselves...yes, even the big boys.

Faithe

My DH has lifted his leg and farted in a booth at a restaurant, still tells the kids to "pull his finger," and gives my son high fives and says, "atta boy" to my son when he farts.:glare:

My dh farted in a submarine!! Yep, We were touring a submarine, and he let go. When I protested, he told me it was his ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity! We turned the corner, and there were the gas masks.

Faithe

Honestly, I was debating whether I dared to start a thread about what age is reasonable to expect self-control in this area.

Mind you, I have girls, not boys.

They are definitely learning tricks from the boys in KG, though. Har, har.

I hate farts. I don't even fart in the privacy of my own bedroom (and I'm single).

Well, I complained once...and my ds asked me.."what do you want me to do?? Xplode??".

Well, there's always the courteous trip to the loo. Which is what we taught our girls. Which is quite humorous when one of them has to excuse themselves and hurry down the hallway every three minutes. Which then turns into an amusing game in which the jet-powered member of the family finds increasingly gross ways of announcing why they're leaving the room. It didn't last too long here, needless to say. I just don't serve legumes often.

That was the end of my complaining....:001_huh:

Boys are quite musical and amused by themselves...yes, even the big boys.

Faithe

My DH always says, "There's more room outside than in."

My dh farted in a submarine!! Yep, We were touring a submarine, and he let go. When I protested, he told me it was his ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity! We turned the corner, and there were the gas masks.

Faithe

:lol:

:lol: Mine always says, "I'd rather lose a friend than bust a gut."

:tongue_smilie:

:iagree:And beware sharing a blanket with them while cuddling after a bowl of beans. It's known as a game of "turtle" and DH taught them how to play.

DH calls this a "dutch oven." Once early in our marriage, we were lying in bed watching tv and he cuddled up to me ans said, "Can I ask you a question?" I said, "Sure." Then he said, "If I farted under the covers and then pulled them up over your head, would you get mad?" Quite the romancer he is....:glare:

We also worked together in a restaurant early on and one day after closing, DH was cleaning up by himself in one part of the kitchen. I was sitting in a booth rolling silverware when all of a sudden, one of the cooks came running out and yelled at me, "WHAT are you feeding him?" :lol:

*sigh* Is it sad that I have so many fart stories to tell about my DH?":001_huh:

My brothers would NEVER, ever have purposely done that in the presence of an adult, or in mixed company of other children. And Mr. Ellie would never do it in my presence, either; we are both mortified by stories of husbands who perpetrate crimes on their wives. Really.

Just sayin'...

Once you're old enough to control it somewhat, I expect you to go to the bathroom to do it, or at least make an attempt to get there. Accidents are okay. But if you announce it, heaven help you, because then I KNOW you knew it was coming. You get to spend 1 minute in the bathroom for each year of age.

Yes, ladies. Fart time-outs.

I won't say how many minutes DH has to spend. Enough to deter my nephew from testing me. :D

Once you're old enough to control it somewhat, I expect you to go to the bathroom to do it, or at least make an attempt to get there. Accidents are okay. But if you announce it, heaven help you, because then I KNOW you knew it was coming. You get to spend 1 minute in the bathroom for each year of age.

Yes, ladies. Fart time-outs.

I won't say how many minutes DH has to spend. Enough to deter my nephew from testing me. :D

My DH would never.come.out. lol

This is DH replying for my DW...

We call it "audio-olfactory performance art"

This made me laugh out loud. :001_smile:

Why is it when guys are dating they can curb the need to expell gas or do it discreetly, but after marriage they feel free to pop a cheek at the dinner table or in the car and not even try to hide it?

Why is it when guys are dating they can curb the need to expell gas or udo it discreetly, but after marriage they feel free to pop a cheek at the dinner table or in the car and not even try to hide it?

I not so fondly remember my DH saying to me in the middle of the night, "You don't want me to get a tummy ache, do you??" If I could go back in time, I would change my answer to YES. :lol:

Uh...my dh of 23 years who's been with me through the birth of our 5 dc, insists he's never heard me do "it" (I don't even say the word, it's the "F" word, in my world, lol!:D)

I have a lot of boys in my household, and made it extremely clear right from the start that NO WAY IN THE WORLD would I ever find that anything other than the rudest of behavior. My boys don't do it in my presence. If they did, I'd assign a thorough bathroom cleaning from the offender, each and every time. If they can hold back in front of their dear sweet girlfriends, you know they can hold back in front of me. :)

https://buybettermarriageblanket.com/

Buy one of these? :D

Three years ago I had to take the boys with me to DH's colonscopy. They were not ready to stay at home alone and no one could watch them.

You'd of thought I'd given them the best Christmas present ever because they got to sit around for about fifteen minutes and listen to the after farting in the recovery room. Three boys and my DH all dissolving in giggles.....

Why is it when guys are dating they can curb the need to expell gas or do it discreetly, but after marriage they feel free to pop a cheek at the dinner table or in the car and not even try to hide it?

:lol: Your question reminded me of this:

(From the ensemble that brought us the "man cold")

https://buybettermarriageblanket.com/

Buy one of these? :D

Three years ago I had to take the boys with me to DH's colonscopy. They were not ready to stay at home alone and no one could watch them.

You'd of thought I'd given them the best Christmas present ever because they got to sit around for about fifteen minutes and listen to the after farting in the recovery room. Three boys and my DH all dissolving in giggles.....

Oh my sweet word... I knew there was a reason I never, ever want a colonoscopy. You might as well just kill me instead :svengo: