Menu

Please help me!!!! My boys will not stop FARTING!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're boys. Enjoy it. They grow up too soon!

I'll NEVER forget the time I bought my boys a remote control fart machine for a gag joke. BAD idea. We had our very, very conservative pastor and his family over for dinner. We were just getting to know them! The boys put the machine under the pastor's chair and kept pushing the button. He looked so nervous! I was SO EMBARRASSED!!!!!!!!!! We all laughed when the boys pulled it out.

:lol::lol:

I later found out this pastor had ulcerative colitis. Poor guy!:blushing:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It never ends. All you can do is train them not to do at the dinner table or church, etc. They will always think it is funny. It's a guy thing.

Umm.. no, not always. Neither of my boys fart. It is my 9yo girl!!!!!! Her 14 year old brother is disgusted at how much she'll fart. She thinks it is hilarious. She also bought whoopie cushions at the AWANA store.. Neither of my boys were remotely interested!!!!

Uh...my dh of 23 years who's been with me through the birth of our 5 dc, insists he's never heard me do "it" (I don't even say the word, it's the "F" word, in my world, lol!:D)

I have a lot of boys in my household, and made it extremely clear right from the start that NO WAY IN THE WORLD would I ever find that anything other than the rudest of behavior. My boys don't do it in my presence. If they did, I'd assign a thorough bathroom cleaning from the offender, each and every time. If they can hold back in front of their dear sweet girlfriends, you know they can hold back in front of me. :)

Yep. Same here. It happens accidentally at times, but never, ever on purpose. I'm sorry, but that's just gross.

I was around a group of boys in high school school having a burping contest. It literally made me gag.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're boys. Enjoy it. They grow up too soon!

I'll NEVER forget the time I bought my boys a remote control fart machine for a gag joke. BAD idea. We had our very, very conservative pastor and his family over for dinner. We were just getting to know them! The boys put the machine under the pastor's chair and kept pushing the button. He looked so nervous! I was SO EMBARRASSED!!!!!!!!!! We all laughed when the boys pulled it out.

:lol::lol:

I later found out this pastor had ulcerative colitis. Poor guy!:blushing:

When we would have church staff Christmas parties that was the go to gift. As soon as it was opened, for the rest of the night, everyone was fair game. Made for some very interesting moments! :lol:

When we would have church staff Christmas parties that was the go to gift. As soon as it was opened, for the rest of the night, everyone was fair game. Made for some very interesting moments! :lol:

we were at a public competition (forget the name of it) and dd12 was a baby at the time so I brought a diaper bad everywhere we went. Yup, boys hid it in there. I was sitting on the VERY crowded bleachers when it went off.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wait....It's a BOY thing? I think my girls missed the memo :glare::lol:

No joke!

I have 5 girls and they all think it is hilarious. Well, not the baby but I assume she will learn soon enough.

I have managed to teach them that they need to go to the bathroom to release their gas during meal times. Any other time is fair game though. Thanks dh.

Every year the young men at church get a seminar about proper dating behavior from their male leaders.

After one seminar I had several young men & other leaders tell me that Dh's dating tip was the most memorable & useful.

I preened all through church thinking that now all the others were jealous that I have such a thoughtful and courteous husband.

Until I learned that his tip was to always open the car door for your date so you can fart as much as you want as you walk around to the driver side of the car.

I always wondered what the big grin through the windshield was for.

Amber in SJ

HILARIOUS! :lol:

My aunt used to call farts, "puffs" too. One time when I was a preteen, we all went out to dinner (my aunt, uncle, cousin and I) and I don't remember what on earth we were talking about, except that my uncle used the word "feces." I very LOUDLY exclaimed, "Feces? That's the remnants of a puff!" only to notice all the other diners at the tables near us looking at me. lol

Sidenote: For those of you who have DHs who "would never!" do that sort of thing in front of you or they would have severe consequences, please explain to me exactly HOW you get a full grown man to NOT do something?

Sidenote: For those of you who have DHs who "would never!" do that sort of thing in front of you or they would have severe consequences, please explain to me exactly HOW you get a full grown man to NOT do something?

Well, I grew up disgusted by my father doing it around us because it just felt disrespectful. He did have a callous, disrespectful attitude about it. Also, there were no boys and my mom and sister and I didn't have that kind of humor as children. There wasn't that kind of jovial attitude about it which could have made it acceptable. He would say he couldn't control it. Well, bull. Just bull. If you are sitting next to the President, or the queen, or your boss, or a girl on a date, or in an elevator, etc., etc., etc., you know you can control it.

DH is respectful of me because of that. He admits it is 99.9% controllable, even if that means stepping into another room. To me, it's a matter of them knowing if you're really offended or sensitive to it and then just exercising respect for you just like they would for any other issue you really cared about.

That said, all bets are off when it's just him and the boys. And after this thread, I think I might get DH a whoopee cushion for his stocking. :D

Every year the young men at church get a seminar about proper dating behavior from their male leaders.

After one seminar I had several young men & other leaders tell me that Dh's dating tip was the most memorable & useful.

I preened all through church thinking that now all the others were jealous that I have such a thoughtful and courteous husband.

Until I learned that his tip was to always open the car door for your date so you can fart as much as you want as you walk around to the driver side of the car.

I always wondered what the big grin through the windshield was for.

Amber in SJ

This is hysterical! :lol:

My girls think that the best joke is a fart joke. Oh, and burps. :glare:

I used to fight it and told them that it's not ladylike. My oldest promptly answered, "Then I don't want to be a lady".