Menu

My bacon epiphany

I like the oven because it's easier. I don't have to watch it that closely and I rarely ruin it. AND I can make more at a time.

But it tastes better fried. Maybe because I bake it on my roaster with the drip pan so it's not cooking in it's own grease. So maybe a bit healthier but not as tasty. :D

Maybe I should oven fry it on a cookie sheet?

This is my favorite way, quick, simple clean up, and no forgetting to flip the bacon & burning it... Cover a cookie sheet with foil and put bacon on ungreased foil. Put on center rack in cold oven, set temperature to 400oF and bake for 15-18 minutes. NO FLIPPING! Only turn the sheet if your oven cooks unevenly. :D

This is my favorite way, quick, simple clean up, and no forgetting to flip the bacon & burning it... Cover a cookie sheet with foil and put bacon on ungreased foil. Put on center rack in cold oven, set temperature to 400oF and bake for 15-18 minutes. NO FLIPPING! Only turn the sheet if your oven cooks unevenly. :D

I'm in low carb paradise:001_wub:

Lisa

Fried bacon is delicious - but for a bacon treat. Thread it on a skewer, cover with brown sugar and bake as above. 400 for 15-20 min. Bacon-candy. Yummmmy!

We do something similar. We wrap small chunks of chicken in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Then we dip those in brown sugar with a little bit of chili powder. Bake. It is so good.

And even better than that when it's baked!

the oven rocks!

:iagree:

I like the oven because it's easier. I don't have to watch it that closely and I rarely ruin it. AND I can make more at a time.

But it tastes better fried. Maybe because I bake it on my roaster with the drip pan so it's not cooking in it's own grease. So maybe a bit healthier but not as tasty. :D

Maybe I should oven fry it on a cookie sheet?

Yes, yes you should. Because it's bacon, after all; isn't not gonna be healthy, it might as well be as yummy as possible.

This is what I do. Putting it in the oven before you heat it up lets the fat render out of the bacon as the oven heats up, and I think it works best.

Tastes exactly like frying it on the stove, but SOOO much easier to clean up, plus you can make a LOT more at a time. I was a happy lady the day I discovered this way of cooking bacon.

:iagree:

Yes, yes you should. Because it's bacon, after all; isn't not gonna be healthy, it might as well be as yummy as possible.

This is what I do. Putting it in the oven before you heat it up lets the fat render out of the bacon as the oven heats up, and I think it works best.

Tastes exactly like frying it on the stove, but SOOO much easier to clean up, plus you can make a LOT more at a time. I was a happy lady the day I discovered this way of cooking bacon.

Does it splatter all over the oven? I would like to try this.

It tastes so much better when you fry it instead of microwave it.

That's all.

Lisa

I can not think of a food that doesn't taste better cooked on the stove or in the oven better than in the microwave. We got rid of our mic. 6 1/2 yrs ago and have never looked back with regret.