Menu

Which of these movies has the best kissing scene?

Which of these movies has the best kissing scene?  

1. 1. Which of these movies has the best kissing scene?

• North and South
    • 2007 Persuasion
    • Love Actually
    • Top Gun
    • Becoming Jane
    • The Quiet Man
    • P.S. I Love You
    • LOTR
    • I am difficult, so other.
    • Yes, please.

I voted North and South! I'm definitely in the mood to watch it now.

As I've stated on any number of celebrity kissing and/or general hotness threads here, I stand by Jimmy Stewart making me positively tingly in It's a Wonderful Life :D.

No, way. I always think he's trying to smash her face in with his, not kiss her. It looks painful!

I didn't vote because I haven't seen several of these, but I want to go on record as saying that the 2007 Persuasion kiss has to be the most uncomfortable, awkward kiss in cinematic history. I seriously want to yell at the screen, "JUST GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY!"

But I will concede that whoever plays Captain Wentworth is super yummy.

You forgot The Last of the Mohicans.

OMG! Hotness all over that movie!

[quote name=

Love Actually is quite wonderful' date=' too, esp the storyline with Colin Firth, because (a) it's Colin Firth, and (b) please refer to (a).

So hard to argue with this point!

You would vote for VOLDEMORT?! :lol:

I would vote for Voldemort,

however, there is a scene in Nell (old Jodie Foster movie) where Liam Neeson and Natasha Richardson kiss and I've always thought that was one of the hottest screen kisses ever. Can't easily find a clip of it on YouTube, or I'd link.

I've also always been partial to the first kissing scene between Jude Law and Cameron Diaz in The Holiday.

No, way. I always think he's trying to smash her face in with his, not kiss her. It looks painful!

Naw, being on the other end of a passionate kiss doesn't hurt a bit ;).

north & south. hands down. that is honestly the only movie i have ever watched where i took the time to rewind the kissing scene. best ever.

I got up first thing in the morning and watched it again :blush:. I've never done that before or since!

I'm difficult. I have to be really invested in the characters romance before I can be moved by their kiss.

is one of my all time favorite love scenes even though the kiss isn't outrageously passionate.

"You think because I'm poor, plain, obscure and little that I have no heart?" (Jane Eyre)

is another fav.

And I can't forget this one from

O.K. I like the kiss from

too.

I'll stop now. :)

Great poll, Mrs Mungo!

Love Actually is quite wonderful, too, esp the storyline with Colin Firth, because (a) it's Colin Firth, and (b) please refer to (a).

:iagree:

And I'm always quite taken with the kiss in the school with Hugh Grant, too.

I love LOTR, but since I don't care for Liv Tyler, I can't think of any scene that could compete, esp since we don't get to see Eowyn and Faramir. But if off-stage imaginary kissing scenes count, then I vote for that one, which I'm sure was quite nice.
We're mostly readers here. I think off-stage imaginary kissing scenes totally count.

How on earth can we have a Best Kissing Scene poll without the top rated kiss of all time (self declared) of Princess Bride????

I think I'll have to mark the "I'm difficult; other" on this one.

(although, if we're talking just plain hot & steamy, then the, ummm, kissing scene in Enemy at the Gates is one heck of a stunner.....)

That was my first favorite kiss scene. I mean, I don't remember giving a carp about boys or kisses until the end of that movie. That movie launched me into the land of boy crazy-- I was looking for my Westley.

Never Been Kissed.

I do love Lady and the Tramp too.

Love it! She drops the microphone and... Yes. So sweet.

Check out
one. :tongue_smilie:

OMG! I had forgotten about that movie, which I despised because she shut out the roommate. I still think the roommate was the one that loved her. The friend was only trying to keep the memory of his friend alive. But with that kiss, dang, I could be wrong.

Yes, A Room with a View. That is one of my all time favorite movies.

Mine too. Such a beautiful movie, great book. All this talk so I watched Some Kind of Wonderful tonight. I wasn't thinking of the end of the movie though, but rather the "lesson."

Okay, now admittedly this particular movie has never been released in movie theaters, but our children have watched our wedding videotape and apparently the videographer caught a private moment in the hallway after the wedding and before the guests were dismissed in which we kissed and judging by the "EWWWWWWWWWWWW" factor of our offspring, I think it's reasonable to assume it was an awesome, romantic, steamy kiss! :D

Faith

I think there are photos of that beach in my profile. But, it isn't the best for me because of the circumstances in the movie.

Oh I can understand that. :grouphug:

I was looking at it not as part of the story (since I hadn't seen all the others in your poll either) but in terms of raw kissing scene. Does that make sense?

Oh I can understand that. :grouphug:

I was looking at it not as part of the story (since I hadn't seen all the others in your poll either) but in terms of raw kissing scene. Does that make sense?

I have just seen it way too many times for *me* to divorce the kissing scene from the story. But, I do agree that it is up there strictly in terms of kissing. OTOH, my mom hates that scene because she says all she thinks is "ew, gritty." :lol:

I have just seen it way too many times for *me* to divorce the kissing scene from the story. But, I do agree that it is up there strictly in terms of kissing. OTOH, my mom hates that scene because she says all she thinks is "ew, gritty." :lol:

Why do you think she ran out of the ocean so fast? And yet, kept the mood going. While having a sand wedgie. See, THAT'S amazing! :tongue_smilie: