Menu

Are you nekked or naked?

I thought the weird spelling was so internet searches or bots would not pick up the word.

I think here on the board it is spelled like this for this reason as well. But I have actually heard several people (in various settings) say "nekked" or "nekkid." The last time at a "Women of Faith" conference ;) and I think the lady was from Texas.

I thought nekked was either being censored as a norty word, or an approximation of toddler pronunciation. I didn't realize it was something adults actually say. I would love to visit Texas one day (not just to see all the nekked people though :lol:)

Everyone must visit Texas. It really is a "whole other country".:D

(We mostly wear ten gallon hats and boots while nekkid...;))

I'm from Georgia. There are two separate meanings.

Naked is when you're in the shower or getting dressed.

Nekked is when you're naked and up to something!

Take it from there.;)

In the part of the South I grew up in it was that way as well.

You know you're nekked when you're doing things that frighten the fish!

Edited by BLA5

We never say nekkid because that is not an Australian word, but we (in our household) say something pronounced nay-ki, which is the sort of naked little kids are when they've jumped out of the bath and are running around in the nuddie.

:)

Rosie

We say nay-ki too and I'm halfway around the world from you. Can't be a regional thing. :001_smile: Maybe it's just a word that's fitting when you've got little kids that enjoy being in the nuddie.

A common phrase at my house used to be, "Go put some clothes on that little nay-ki butt or I'll be tempted to smack it." It was really cute until I was getting out of the shower a few years ago and Little Librarian (maybe she was about 4 yo) came up and smacked me on the bum saying the same thing.

Edited by aggieamy

We never say nekkid because that is not an Australian word, but we (in our household) say something pronounced nay-ki, which is the sort of naked little kids are when they've jumped out of the bath and are running around in the nuddie.

:)

Rosie

Yup. When the toddler is in the nude she is "nakey- butt".

But I'm in the south and yes, nekkid is a word that is used by adults. It implies one is not wearing clothing when one should be wearing clothing.

We say nekkid, and most def are not from Texas! :lol:

Started out with Tazzie, after bath. He would run around the house, yelling, "Nekkid race!" and Princess joined in when she was able to run.

Then he stood on the back steps, bare butt, and seranaded the neighbour lady..."I'm NEKKID! Nekkid, nekkid, nekkid, this is my nekkid song!" as he did an Elvis dance.

Thankfully, she has sons, and didn't think anything of it. :lol:

My opinion? Just say no to nekkid/nekked/nakey.

I am naked, thank you very much. But not now. :lol: Now, I am wearing a "girl in a coma" punk/alt rock band shirt and cropped sweatpants. Which is what passes for jammies in my world. :001_smile:

I was born in Texas, but have been a Seattle/PNW girl most of my life.

Edited by kijipt

We say nekkid, and most def are not from Texas! :lol:

Started out with Tazzie, after bath. He would run around the house, yelling, "Nekkid race!" and Princess joined in when she was able to run.

Then he stood on the back steps, bare butt, and seranaded the neighbour lady..."I'm NEKKID! Nekkid, nekkid, nekkid, this is my nekkid song!" as he did an Elvis dance.

Thankfully, she has sons, and didn't think anything of it. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I've used both.

Naked is what you are when you aren't wearing clothes. Nekkid is what you are when you're getting into mischief! :D

Taking a shower = Naked

Skinny Dipping = Nekkid

I never knew this distinction! Thank you - I learned something new. :001_smile:

I am from south Al and I have always said nekkid for naked. We lived in Mo for two years and I happen to say the word kekkid in a conversation (about the kids) to a friend there. She stopped me, "What's nekkid?" Seriously, I thought she didn't know what naked meant. I told my husband when I got home he was like yeah you know it is really pronounced like it's spelled. I was like:confused: I very sweetly explained to him that was exactly what I said,nekkid! After we had a long laugh, I was pretty shocked that I never noticed us southerners pronounced it differently. That was 2 years ago, I am 30 and I still say nekkid. We live in Ms now and it is so wonderful to be back around people who can understand me. I was always really subconscious talking while we lived in MO. So for me nekkid means you don't have clothes on, regardless of what you're doing.:lol:

Edited by blessedmom4god

I'm from Georgia. There are two separate meanings.

Naked is when you're in the shower or getting dressed.

Nekked is when you're naked and up to something!

Take it from there.;)

:iagree: with this and all the Texas talk :)

With the kids, we call it "Nakey-nakey" - LOL. We had a friend whose little boy called it being "shaky". :lol:

• 10 years later...