Menu

This is not a spouse bashing thread.

I'm not going to bash mine, because he is bringing home Indian food for dinner. Unless he neglects to bring home paneer, because I have a real hankering for paneer. Not that it would be his fault for not fulfilling my whims because I didn't ask for it.

I hear footsteps, I will know in less than a minute!

Rosie

Can I join you in this non spouse bashing? :D:D

I wouldn't mind a little company about now...:D

I'm feeling as though I missed something while I was sleeping...

I'm always up for a good non-bashing of my spouse though. :D

I've never really given it a try before, but I see non-bashing has its potential!

I'm not going to bash mine, because he is bringing home Indian food for dinner. Unless he neglects to bring home paneer, because I have a real hankering for paneer. Not that it would be his fault for not fulfilling my whims because I didn't ask for it.

Rosie

Well??? Indian food covers a multitude of sins; good strategy on your spouse's part. But did he deliver on the paneer?

Me- I would need daal maharani.

My DH has gone on a holiday to CANADA for a whole month and left me with a list of jobs a mile long.....

Little does he know that I am renovating some of the house. He will be so surprised when he returns :rofl::rofl:

Tricksy!

Does kicking the heck out of him to stop him from snoring constitute "bashing"? If so I must leave this thread;)

You know, I think it depends on where you are kicking him. :lol:

Two words:

SLEEP STUDY.

seriously....

astrid

My DH just had one a couple weeks ago for his snoring. No sleep apnea, just noisy. Argh.*

*This is not spouse bashing. This is the bashing of the rhythmic noise that keeps me awake that apparently has no identifiable cause. :001_smile:

Does kicking the heck out of him to stop him from snoring constitute "bashing"? If so I must leave this thread;)

Perhaps. My spouse does refrain from kicking the heck out of me to get me to stop snoring. I'm told my children find my snoring too loud, and they sleep at the other end of the house........Maybe we'll call for a vote on this one.

ETA: My sleep study was also negative :)

I clipped my big toenail into a sharp point. Now he actually wakes up when I kick him. :tongue_smilie:

Must remember this . . . .:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Two words:

SLEEP STUDY.

seriously....

astrid

My dh went to the ENT, who told him that if he isn't tired during the day that his snoring is not caused by apnea and didn't order the sleep study. Urgh. Anyone know if this is true?

Well??? Indian food covers a multitude of sins; good strategy on your spouse's part. But did he deliver on the paneer?

Yeah!!!!!!! It wasn't good paneer, we need to find a better shop, but even bad paneer is good.

Unfortunately, bringing home Indian food doesn't reverse snoring, so he still had to sleep in the lounge room. He did get a referral for a sleep study, but he lost the paper and can't remember to get another. Maybe he likes sleeping in the lounge room and only says otherwise to be polite?

Rosie

My husband cooked dinner tonight. A roast in the electric smoker, roasted potatoes, and corn on the cob.

He also randomly encouraged me to buy some fall clothes yesterday at the mall after we ate dinner at the Chinese buffet there!

Nance,

Who is spouse-praising today. :D

Before and after pics of the roast, and a pic of the potatoes, just for fun:

No, of course it is not a spouse bashing thread!

Because a spouse bashing thread would contain stories like:

DH bought & used a cleaning product that gave me a horrid headache within minutes of smelling it. The scent went thru the whole house and everyone else was commenting on absolutely vile the scent was. I was practically crying my head hurt so badly.

A few days later, DH used it AGAIN. :ack2:

He defended using it by saying, "I just used it to clean the toilet and I FLUSHED REALLY FAST!"

:willy_nilly:

I threw the bottle in the garbage.

I just want to say that I had a really crappy day at work today, and when I came home ds had had a friend over all day long (unbeknownst to me) and my dh minded them (well, they're good enough boys to mind themselves) and my dh had made bacon wrapped BBQ chicken breasts on the grill with grilled potatoes, and the boys had made a chopped salad.

I sat down to a supper that was awesome and that I didn't have to make and with people who are decent and kind human beings.

Because this is not a spouse bashing thread... :001_smile:

Rosie

Yeah!!!!!!! It wasn't good paneer, we need to find a better shop, but even bad paneer is good.

Rosie

I'm a Tikka Masala girl, myself. ;)

Cheers to our fantastic dhs! :cheers2: (This is as close to root beer as I can get. After a long, hard day, even this non-soda drinking gal loves a frosted mug of Virgil's root beer brought by her tall, handsome dh. Can it get any better that this?)

Love, love, love my dh!:001_wub:

Argh! We can't get root beer any more! A few times a year I REALLY want some, and there's none to be found because the Pancake Parlour stopped selling it!

Rosie

:svengo: It took a couple tries, but I did manage to convert my Coke drinking dh to root beer ( n/a in his homeland ...) Unfortunately, the first time he had it in the U.S. was in a float with mint chocolate chip ice cream... :lol:

I would never-ever-ever-ever bash MY husband.

but let's say my friend's husband, was going to drain some water off the pool so it wouldn't flood during the hurrcane here in NJ, then fell asleep leaving said pump ON. my friend woke up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and saw the pool almost empty and now it will take forever to refill. SHE might want to bash HER husband, but noooooo, not me.

robin in NJ

I would never-ever-ever-ever bash MY husband.

but let's say my friend's husband, was going to drain some water off the pool so it wouldn't flood during the hurrcane here in NJ, then fell asleep leaving said pump ON. my friend woke up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and saw the pool almost empty and now it will take forever to refill. SHE might want to bash HER husband, but noooooo, not me.

robin in NJ

:lol::lol: your friend has my sympathy :D

:svengo: It took a couple tries, but I did manage to convert my Coke drinking dh to root beer ( n/a in his homeland ...) Unfortunately, the first time he had it in the U.S. was in a float with mint chocolate chip ice cream... :lol:

You know, if my hubby made spiders with mint chocolate ice-cream, I probably would have to bash him. :001_huh: Luckily my man has far better taste!

Rosie

Ha! That'll show him!

He never saw it coming ;)

I'd better post quick or my dh might come in and catch me not-bashing him!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

I can get on board with the not bashing but what about passive aggressive jabs or mild backhanded compliments? I think these are the foundation of a good relationship, personally.

We like to be outright with it. A nice little, "Don't make me punch you in the face," relieves stress and allows both parties to a. see the error of their ways and b. move on.:lol: