Menu

Who do you know IRL from WTM?

Just to make sure we don't have anymore trolls, ya know.

I jest.

I know MamaT! Amazing lady with THE BEST KIDS!! Love her whole family!

I also know thatcyndigirl. Well, we've talked on the phone a million times. She is also amazing, and we are planning to vacation together next year so we can meet IRL. :D

ETA: I've also talked to Mama2005 on the phone! Hi Kim!

Edited by Nakia

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, myself & I.

I like it that way, TBH, even though it might put me on the short list of Potential Trolls.

Oh, wait. Except that one time I had a freak WTM'r sighting at an airport. I was the spottee, not the spotted, so on second thought that probably doesn't help any. I posted about it recently.

I have met Jo (BattleMaiden), one l michele, and Barb PA (now in AZ). I also met a group of moms in NJ years ago. Edited to add: I met Ree at one of her book signings, too!

Edited by Ria

Guest Dulcimeramy

I was just thinking I'd better meet somebody IRL. I have no street cred here, and I'm getting a reputation for Troll Hunting. That looks fishy.

Four Sonlight boardies know me IRL, so that's a start. PM me if you need names.

Anybody want to meet up in central Indiana, just to verify one another's existence in a Mom's Night Out kinda way?

I meet several at the PHP conference a couple of years ago. :) I'm real. I promise! LOL

Besides, as I've said before, I'm too boring and been here too long to be a troll. I started looking at the boards in 2001. If I'm a troll I'd better find something interesting already, huh? :)

Oh, and I meet SWB also and she was very nice. I'm sure she doesn't remember me though. ;)

Edited by PinkInTheBlue

I have met a few on here who live in the area. They aren't on all that often, but they are here.

Someone vouch for me please! :D

The three I can think of I have met aren't on here all that much though. I can't think of their screen names though.

Dawn

Face to face:

danybug, tess in the burbs, a bunch of moms at the H/S convention last year at Dulles Expo Center -- if you bought MCT at that convention, you bought it from me. ;)

I've spoken on the phone to Denisemomof4 and Impish.

About half dozen who I email on my personal email account and we correspond about issues that have nothing to do with homeschool.

And, a couple of wonderful boardies who live in So. Jersey have offered a helping hand to me when I have had to rush up there in an emergency.

That's all I can think of right now.

Janie

Blueridge and her girls

CindyinC-Ville and I realized we have mutual friends.

ThreeLops, whatever her new name is (can't remember!). We've never actually met either, but we have mutual friends, and we are FB friends (so I know her real name).

There must be a few others . . . .

:lol: :seeya:

I also know Karen in CO, CherylCO and NicoleM.

ETA: I'm FB friends with a lot of members :D.

Edited by JudoMom

Ah, there ya' go. Forgot about that. She and I have mutual friends as well.

Heather in NC and I have mutual friends as well (Heather, I am friends with the Wisleys, his dad was a professor of mine in college and I met him a few times when he came to visit.)

Dawn

Janie

Blueridge and her girls

CindyinC-Ville and I realized we have mutual friends.

ThreeLops, whatever her new name is (can't remember!). We've never actually met either, but we have mutual friends, and we are FB friends (so I know her real name).

There must be a few others . . . .

Hey! I know the same people!! :D

I did talk on the phone with Fivetails once but that was it and she is a FB friend if that counts. She hasn't posted here in forever...:glare:

::note to self - don't give WishboneDawn your number of FB name, lest she drive you away from WTM altogether::

:tongue_smilie: kidding. How bad can you be if we keep the same company LOL.

I've met Sandy and Holly from Indiana - don't know how much they post now. I've met several of the Ohio folks over the years; I've met SWB and various others at conventions in Ohio several times. I've met Joy (Strider) at convention.... Ummmm, I know several folks here in town who used to post here or do still post (mostly on the for sale boards - Whitney, Julie....) There may be others....

Probably several people, but the only one that's coming to mind that I know I've met IRL is Sharon in Austin ... her oldest dd and my older ds were on math team together for a while, and her dh taught a class at their house that ds attended.

Angie W in TX lives a few miles away, but after years of knowing each other online for years and years, we haven't actually gotten together in real life since I moved here.

There are people I know here from other online places that it would be hard for me/them to keep our stories straight over so many years and so many posts if we were making things up. (Dawn M comes to mind -- I've 'known' her since before she had her youngest).

Edited by higginszoo

Doran. And it took me years of going "hey, I like that Doran!" to have the "wait... is that MY Doran???" moment. :lol:

Otherwise, I don't get out much. It's entirely possible I know others (anyone else over here on the Eastern Shore?) and just don't know I know them. Duh.

Guest Dulcimeramy

Oh, I forgot! My son has penpal'ed and talked on the phone with Dawn's (Nestof3) son. She can tell you my son is not imaginary, ergo, neither am I.

No one currently. Several years ago I recognized a homeschool group friend but she either went back into lurking or quit the board.

Guess that's why dh calls you all my "imaginary friends."

I'll start telling him about someone's situation and he look at me quizzically. "Who?"

And sometimes the answer is So-and-so in Such-and-such-place or an obviously not-the-real-name username and dh's lightbulb comes on.

"So it's not someone you know."

"Well, I DO know them. Online!"

He doesn't get it. Of course, he's an introvert who doesn't keep up with his IRL friends and family more often than he needs to. :glare:

Just to make sure we don't have anymore trolls, ya know.

I jest.

I know MamaT! Amazing lady with THE BEST KIDS!! Love her whole family!

I also know thatcyndigirl. Well, we've talked on the phone a million times. She is also amazing, and we are planning to vacation together next year so we can meet IRL. :D

ETA: I've also talked to Mama2005 on the phone! Hi Kim!

You're sweet, Nakia! I guess it's obvious I know Nakia and I've met SWB. I've talked to KariC on the phone. I don't have time to be a troll!