Menu

Gullibility Factor test

Ok.....the same person who sent me the Dr. Laura link, sent me this one. In gratitude to this board and all I have learned from you well-educated women, I attribute my score of "Free-Thinker" and not a total mind slave. :)

http://www.naturalnews.com/gullibility.html

Greetings from a fellow Free Thinker. No wonder why we get along so well. ;)

Jane

Well, I earned 100, & it said I'm a Free Thinker.

Must be true, too, because when I read their explanations, I only believed about half of them. :lol:

LOL......it never even occurred to me to read their answers!!! Guess I am a real free thinker......I figured I already knew them!!:lol:

Well, now, this is sort of cool:

"If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one."

But this is sort of ... odd:

"you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual."

Hmmmm....

Well, I earned 100, & it said I'm a Free Thinker.

Must be true, too, because when I read their explanations, I only believed about half of them. :lol:

That's what I was going to say! :lol: Plus, I don't think you have to be much of a free thinker to put FALSE for every single answer because you know that's what they want you to put! :tongue_smilie:

That's what I was going to say! :lol: Plus, I don't think you have to be much of a free thinker to put FALSE for every single answer because you know that's what they want you to put! :tongue_smilie:

Shhhhh!! Spoilers, Spoilers! :001_tt2:

But this is sort of ... odd:

"you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual."

Hmmmm....

Most of my ILs think my homeschooling lifestyle habit is odd ;)

Freethinker, 79%

I was a Free Thinker, but they don't say all their answers are false. I, too, am somewhat skeptical of some of their answers, particularly since they're selling something.

LOL - I put true for the ground up beetle Q!

I'm a free-thinker/skeptic. I figured by the types of questions they were asking, that they were trying to make some kind of statement. My suspicions were correct. ;)

Well, I'm joining in late, but I scored an 88. I'm just ashamed it wasn't higher.

Don't be ashamed. You are just a free thinker in the other direction! :tongue_smilie: Honestly, I think whether one is a free thinker or not probably depends more on who is being the judge (in this case it was an entity with some definite agendas).... These were fairly leading questions anyways... hardly unbiased with regard to the answers. :)

I was especially disturbed by this:

Processed and packaged meat products (hot dogs, bacon, sausage, etc.) are preserved with an ingredient that both the food industry and the USDA absolutely know causes cancer.

TRUE. The ingredient's name is sodium nitrite, and it's found in practically all packaged meats at any grocery store in America. Both the food industry and the USDA have known for decades that this ingredient, when consumed, creates a class of chemical compounds known as nitrosamines which are highly carcinogenic (cancer-causing). The USDA actually tried to ban sodium nitrite in the 1970's, but was overruled by the food industry, which wanted to keep using the ingredient because it turns meats bright red, making them look fresh. Learn more shocking information at the sodium nitrite page on naturalnews.com.:confused::confused::confused:

I was especially disturbed by this:

Processed and packaged meat products (hot dogs, bacon, sausage, etc.) are preserved with an ingredient that both the food industry and the USDA absolutely know causes cancer.

TRUE. The ingredient's name is sodium nitrite, and it's found in practically all packaged meats at any grocery store in America. Both the food industry and the USDA have known for decades that this ingredient, when consumed, creates a class of chemical compounds known as nitrosamines which are highly carcinogenic (cancer-causing). The USDA actually tried to ban sodium nitrite in the 1970's, but was overruled by the food industry, which wanted to keep using the ingredient because it turns meats bright red, making them look fresh. Learn more shocking information at the sodium nitrite page on naturalnews.com.:confused::confused::confused:

I recently read about that in a book called Mad Cowboy. Worth the read.

I recently read about that in a book called Mad Cowboy. Worth the read.

We avoid sodium nitrites and nitrates also because they're also known migraine triggers. They've been banned from baby foods for some time now, and I can't remember just why. fwiw, some uncured hotdogs also have high rates of this because smoking meat does the same thing (so it's also "natural" sometimes.)