Menu

Somone explain the bunny thing to me

I was on this board before, well, it became this board. You know, back when we'd all fight to post first. You all have taught me a lot. I've learned all about kitten survival and have gratefully passed that information onto my children. I have also learned about b00kshelves and teA. (I did actually know a little about teA due to the number of children I have, I just didn't know the official terminology.). I just can not for the life of me figure out this bunny thing. Somebody help me.:confused:

I tried the search feature. It will take me a while to find a reference and we are about to leave town. It has something to do with asterisks. Usually somebody will post something like this. *something*

Then someone will comment, "First the kittens, now the bunnies."

I admit, I don't get it.

Pancake bunny:

pancakebunny-14678.jpg

From the Urban Dictionary:

Patron saint of silence. During the apocalyse in which Clock Spider and limecat fought, the masses continued shouting praise and insults to the two until none of it made any sense. One defiant person shouted "I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head." Pancake bunny appeared, and the masses went silent. The war raged on...

Sort of like kilts for the rest of the internet.

I was on this board before, well, it became this board. You know, back when we'd all fight to post first. You all have taught me a lot. I've learned all about kitten survival and have gratefully passed that information onto my children. I have also learned about b00kshelves and teA. (I did actually know a little about teA due to the number of children I have, I just didn't know the official terminology.). I just can not for the life of me figure out this bunny thing. Somebody help me.:confused:

Don't feel bad. I don't know about kitten survival. I don't know about bunnies. I *think* I know what the bOOks mean (but I don't really get why it's called that). I don't really get the fascination with the kilts. Which is probably why I don't know what teA is yet. :001_smile:

Don't feel bad. I don't know about kitten survival. I don't know about bunnies. I *think* I know what the bOOks mean (but I don't really get why it's called that). I don't really get the fascination with the kilts. Which is probably why I don't know what teA is yet. :001_smile:

I'd like to know how teA came to be known as teA. I understand bOOks.

TeA is what you and dh sip on Sunday morning before the kids are up.:tongue_smilie: At least it's like that around here. I don't even know where that lie about evening TeA comes from. Who can stay awake for that?

ETA: The original TeA reference came from The Most Hilarious Post of All Time. You might get it if you search "What the World Needs Now."

Edited by Quill
Clues

Not. Yummy. :thumbdown:

Just occured to me the photo might not be entirely appropriate. I'm out in the country where dead things are common and actually have video of my dog running around with the front half of a dead groundhog in her mouth, little groundhog paws a-waving...

Apologies to anyone who was grossed out by the pic!:o

ETA: I edited it out. Feel free to Angela if you'd like to. :)

Edited by WishboneDawn

The kittens are from Mrs Mungo's sig line.

The booKs substitution came about because of a typo (the OP had intended to type "books"---the usual ones---and mistyped it with two b's--generated a *lot* of laughs and comments:)).

Kilts are great :D.

Can't remember how teA got started as a euphemism (if you have kids, you likely know a fair bit about it since teA sometimes leads to kids ;)) and have no idea about bunnies--though I probably will soon---see above ;). Making it bold would seem more forceful than necessary to me. Sometimes I'll use italics instead. I don't know if there's a grammar/etiquette rule about it.

Oh, and here's teA. Be forewarned...not for the faint of heart.

Everyone should read the teA thread. Be prepared to lose at least an hour of your life. Also, don't drink anything while reading it.

I love the bunny in a kilt! Awesomeness,

And Dawn, I too live in the country. And I have a Lab who inadvertantly kills bunnies. My girl is chocolate though. Dead bunnies don't bother me.

And Dawn, I too live in the country. And I have a Lab who inadvertantly kills bunnies. My girl is chocolate though. Dead bunnies don't bother me.

We haven't had our dogs kill bunnies. Our cat used to kill and bring us baby bunnies though. One was in our freezer for two years because I had plans for it. I always know I'm talking to a homeschooling mom when I tell that story and she thinks it's completely reasonable to have a dead baby bunny in your freezer.

BTW, there's currently a dead hummingbird in the freezer. :blushing: