Menu

Is a 6 year old too old for bubbles?

I need ideas for inexpensive Easter treats for boys ages 6, 5, 5, and 3.

I had thought to get butterfly nets and put a bottle of bubbles and a chocolate bunny in each. DH thinks that nephew, age 6 will find the gift babyish.

The gift for each child must be the same. I am sure that the other boys would like both the nets and the bubbles. Should I give the gift I planned, give the nets but add more candy and leave out the bubbles, or find an alternative gift? If something else, what?

I think it depends on the kid. My 7yo DS loves bubbles.

But, well, he's homeschooled, and doesn't have that peer pressure about what's cool and what's not.

A bubble gun would almost certainly be cool, but more expensive and not really particularly Easter-y. Bubbles combined with some sort of bubble science/activity book would also up the age accessibility a bit.

I don't think you can outgrow bubbles. My 18 year old asked for a small bubble machine for her birthday last year and kept it running during the entire family celebration which lasted several hours.

I live near a small town with a historic downtown area. Main Street is lined with touristy type stores, restraunts, coffee shops, etc. in historic buildings. The street lights always have seasonal flags on them, there are frequently white Christmas lights on trees, awnings and such. The American Flag is always flying in the town square. One of thees stores sells soaps, bubbles, bath salts and gels. It has a small bubble machine attached to the front of building by the door that is always running and blowing bubbles out into the street and down the side walk. Everyone loves the bubble maker. It adds a certain Je ne sais quoi to the atmosphere that makes it almost magical. Well, for some reason city hall decided that the bubble machine had to go. I never did hear the real reason but after an extended legal battle the machine was removed. The citizens complained so much that an exception was made and the bubble maker is back in it's rightful place delighting vistors once again. :)

Guest momk2000

I'm 45 and I love bubbles! :D

My dd (10yrs) still loves bubbles. I really think it depends on the individual child, but I think most 6 year olds would enjoy getting bubbles! :)