Menu

Ok, ladies only here...(intrusive questions about personal matters inside!)

I am there with you.

I do Kegel all the time, and while I think it helps to strengthen the pelvic floor, it doesn't work miracles.

My first baby was 10-7, and my last was 9-15...the ones in between were 8ish pounds. I am a tall person who is not overweight and I only gained 14-20 pounds with each pregnancy, but my bottom took a beating each time and I did have tearing, cutting and repairing with most of them.

I am curious, if anyone has found a solution besides surgery. I would prefer not to go there.

My babies were all big, from 10.5 lbs to 9 lbs.

Kegels DO work, if you are doing them correctly, IMO. I saw a physical therapist for 6 mos after my 3rd baby, and she showed me how to do them, as well as several other exercises. By doing the exercises correctly, I was able to reverse a uterine prolapse and I have complete control of those muscles.

I absolutely did not want surgery, even though it was recommended to me. I took a gamble on Physical Therapy, and it did work miracles for me.

I can't believe I just shared that on a public forum.

I'm not hip to the lingo, what does "teA" mean?

mattress dancing. ;)

I don't think I'd get it, but my babies weren't big. If it's something that bothers you, that you think would make your lives together better, then I think you should do it.

Edited by justamouse

I gave birth to 5 large-ish babies in a span of 7 years. No cutting, no tearing, but *lots* of stretching. :001_huh:

Anyone feel like childbirth stretched them out beyond what Kegel exercises could possibly repair? Anyone go with a surgical option? :leaving:

I know what you mean. In fact, my male boss warned me about it. (Don't ask) I did see a show of woman who had that repaired as well as some external work done. Her husband didn't care about the condition but she did. He was pleased with the results. Ummm, the recovery didn't look easy.

LOL! Sheet wrestling.

Good one! Slap and tickle? :D

Now that I get:lol: But, how does that translate into teA?

I have NO idea. Just is, the same way the sun rises in the East every day. Thus is the Way of the Hive. :tongue_smilie: bOOks are the things that fill bras, and I don't know the lingo for boy parts. :D

I know what you mean. In fact, my male boss warned me about it. (Don't ask) I did see a show of woman who had that repaired as well as some external work done. Her husband didn't care about the condition but she did. He was pleased with the results. Ummm, the recovery didn't look easy.

I saw that show too. Yeah, he was pleased with the results. The women are also getting their labia trimmed. :confused: There's a rant brewing in me about that stuff--but I think for many women, like many things, getting yourself tightened can make them feel better about intimacy, and make Tea more pleasurable, which is a good thing.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
I have NO idea. Just is, the same way the sun rises in the East every day. Thus is the Way of the Hive. :tongue_smilie: bOOks are the things that fill bras, and I don't know the lingo for boy parts. :D

Ah, that explains some the titles of other posts that I didn't get but didn't open because I thought they were about the paper kind of books. When I was a little girl we called the boy parts do-diggers :lol::lol: I have no idea why but since it was in my spell check we must not have been the only ones, or it means something else.

I saw that show too. Yeah, he was pleased with the results. The women are also getting their labia trimmed. :confused: There's a rant brewing in me about that stuff--but I think for many women, like many things, getting yourself tightened can make them feel better about intimacy, and make Tea more pleasurable, which is a good thing.

Labia trimming?! Why would someone want that done? It seems like it would make tea less pleasurable:confused:

I feel like I got significant improvement with this inexpensive little device. I use it in the shower. (I know that was probably TMI, but I mention that detail to point out that I don't have to set aside any extra private time, and there's no need for lubrication or clean up.) It's just a few seconds a day, and I think it has helped me.

I'm not hip to the lingo, what does "teA" mean?

It is a hive "in joke " because sometimes ..well, people like to not attract the search engines to the boards, as well as just preferring to use less explicit language.

A while back (quite a while now) someone wrote a post talking about their making love issues- probably asking for advice- by using the term making tea instead. It was absolutely hilarious and the term has stuck ever since.

The same as the booKs, for boobs, (and bookshelves for bras)which I can't remember if it was orginially a typo or not, but that stuck too.

Someone should save those original posts when they happen. I can never remember the details even though I remember when they happened. I guess we never know how much they will "take" when they happen.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
It is a hive "in joke " because sometimes ..well, people like to not attract the search engines to the boards, as well as just preferring to use less explicit language.

A while back (quite a while now) someone wrote a post talking about their making love issues- probably asking for advice- by using the term making tea instead. It was absolutely hilarious and the term has stuck ever since.

The same as the booKs, for boobs, (and bookshelves for bras)which I can't remember if it was orginially a typo or not, but that stuck too.

Someone should save those original posts when they happen. I can never remember the details even though I remember when they happened. I guess we never know how much they will "take" when they happen.

:lol: Thanks for cluing me in! I was thinking because I didn't know the current lingo. I could just see me trying to be cool by using my newly learned terms and people looking at me like :confused: :lol:

. The women are also getting their labia trimmed. :confused: There's a rant brewing in me about that stuff--but I think for many women, like many things, getting yourself tightened can make them feel better about intimacy, and make Tea more pleasurable, which is a good thing.

I don't think I'm old enough to read this thread. :leaving:

(Had a cesarean for my super large double load, so no advice. But, boy, do I need a tummy tuck and boOk work.)

My friend had reconstructive surgery and does NOT recommend it. It didn't help and the recovery was awful.

I found a great physical therapist using this link that Dirty Ethel Rackham provided:

http://www.womenshealthapta.org/plp/index.cfm

She also told me that for my situation, at least, Kegels do no good.

The "Down There" dvd looks good. Squatting is easy enough. I would try those routes before surgery.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

My ds just asked what I was doing on my computer. "Researching school stuff," I tremulously replied:lol: Yeah, that's it, researching school stuff;)

Do you know if your friend had the surgery to correct incontinence, or if it was for another reason? :bigear:

I'm not sure if she had that -- I think she did-- but she had three pregnancies and the twins really messed things up. I know she was quite prolapsed.

I recommend checking into physical therapy aimed at pelvic floor health. I had some problems, including a slight prolapse, after my third child. I went to physical therapy for several weeks and had a great improvement, and I've been able to maintain that improvement even after the birth of another child.

Kegels do help, but they aren't the only issue. First, you have to be doing them correctly. Also, you need to have adequately strong abdominal and lower back muscles, which support the pelvic floor muscles. It's an entire system that need to be working correctly.

I personally wouldn't try surgery before looking into a PT option.

I feel like I got significant improvement with this inexpensive little device. I use it in the shower. (I know that was probably TMI, but I mention that detail to point out that I don't have to set aside any extra private time, and there's no need for lubrication or clean up.) It's just a few seconds a day, and I think it has helped me.

Thanks for this link. I would consider trying it.

How do I put this?

I had a complete (3rd degree) tear when DD was born. My nutty-crunchy OB wouldn't do an episiotomy. When she stitched me up afterwards, she stitched too much. So I was smaller. Too small. 6 painful months later, I had surgery to open things back up. It wasn't that bad and made life much better. Drought over, IYKWIM.

HTH.

I'd try it also, except I don't fall within the parameters (11 pregnancies and babies as big as nearly 10lbs).

Kegels DO work, if you are doing them correctly, IMO. I saw a physical therapist for 6 mos after my 3rd baby, and she showed me how to do them, as well as several other exercises. By doing the exercises correctly, I was able to reverse a uterine prolapse and I have complete control of those muscles.

I absolutely did not want surgery, even though it was recommended to me. I took a gamble on Physical Therapy, and it did work miracles for me.

Definitely try physical therapy before surgery. Your ob should be able to recommend a good one. It's more than just Kegels. She will give you what looks like a tampon to insert that has pressure sensors for a computer program. Then, on the computer screen, you will be able to see the strength of the squeeze. It's actually very helpful to see the bar graph on the computer screen go up/down according to the pressure!

I'd try it also, except I don't fall within the parameters (11 pregnancies and babies as big as nearly 10lbs).

No kidding. It's for those "who have had one to two babies weighing less than eight pounds." How helpful. I'm now going to design a weight loss plan for those who are 1-2 lbs overweight.

Guest Dulcimeramy
No kidding. It's for those "who have had one to two babies weighing less than eight pounds." How helpful. I'm now going to design a weight loss plan for those who are 1-2 lbs overweight.

:lol: (laughs the mama of four babies, 10 pounds each)

I am going to try the squats-and-gluts method. That does make sense. I don't have a serious problem, but my own mother can jump rope with the grandkids and I can *not* jump rope unless I ask June Allyson what she recommends.

I don't like that my mother has better bladder control than me.

:D

:iagree::svengo: I can do the squats, but I'm not going to pee in the shower. I would be compulsively scrubbing and disinfecting like a maniac. Maybe I should just scrub while I squat.

This is revolutionary stuff, holy cow!
Edited by Tammyla