Menu

Ok, ladies only here...(intrusive questions about personal matters inside!)

I feel like I got significant improvement with this inexpensive little device. I use it in the shower. (I know that was probably TMI, but I mention that detail to point out that I don't have to set aside any extra private time, and there's no need for lubrication or clean up.) It's just a few seconds a day, and I think it has helped me.

That contraption isn't used INTERNALLY, is it?! I mean, not to get too personal or anything here, but I caNOT IMAGINE how that would fit inside. There is only so much room in there, ya know?! :confused:

That contraption isn't used INTERNALLY, is it?! I mean, not to get too personal or anything here, but I caNOT IMAGINE how that would fit inside. There is only so much room in there, ya know?! :confused:

Uhm, yes, that looks like it goes internally. I'm not sure how else it would work.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Just ordered the pink GyneFlex. More money out of my door. Last time I read the forum I was $27.50 HAPPILY poorer for the female cloth pads.

I was considering how to get tightened and this is just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Hee, hee. I bought cloth pads too, and loved them so much I dropped a lot more than that:lol: Thankfully, I don't think I need the Gyneflex yet but am storing the info away for the future;) This board is just SO informative!!

For those wanting a quick fix for a single serving of tea... there are creams available that last, um, up to an hour or so. :leaving: I can't google to find a link on dh's computer (GAK!) but it works. Try ebay... try the words "china" and "shrinks"...

ETD: edited to delete my poor humour... no no, it was good, but only in my mind LOL

Edited by specialmama

Just ordered the pink GyneFlex. More money out of my door. ...I was considering how to get tightened and this is just what I was looking for. Thanks!

I only wish I could get a kickback. :) I hope you feel it's money well spent. I do.

And, Cyndi, yes, of course it's used internally. LOL! It squeezes together easily and is not as large as what nature intended to be used internally. Whew. I have definitely said too much.

Butbutbutbutbutbut..... what if a person's teapot is simply not big enough to accept a tea bag of that size?! I mean, that thing looks like it would do more harm than good! :w00t:

I think the sizes vary. That's why the blue is for younger women with no children, the pink is for women a little more middle range with 1-2 not very big babies, and the white is for those of us that have had many children, large babies, and or are much older or post menopause. Also, photos can be deceiving on size ;) Also, sometimes we aren't as aware of what actually CAN fit in the teapot LOL!

Butbutbutbutbutbut..... what if a person's teapot is simply not big enough to accept a tea bag of that size?! I mean, that thing looks like it would do more harm than good! :w00t:

That's very funny. :) But I'm not saying any more about my teapot on a public forum! LOL!

You can use your hubby like a gynoflex. It works, it is cheaper, and he will be glad to help you with your exercises. ;)

Also, I have an exercise that I do for my lower back that helps with all the muscle below the waist. It is a combination back bridge/pelvic tilt/kegel all done at the same time. It works the PF, the gluts, lower back, SI, all the muscle in the thigh, etc. Lay flat on your back. Place your arms straight at your sides. Bend your kness so that only your back and feet are touching the ground and then lift your lower back. Once your back is off the ground, do a kegel and then tilt your pelvis down. Hold for a couple seconds (as long as you can) then release, return to start position and do again. Maybe ten at a time, three times a day.

Also, I have an exercise that I do for my lower back that helps with all the muscle below the waist. It is a combination back bridge/pelvic tilt/kegel all done at the same time. It works the PF, the gluts, lower back, SI, all the muscle in the thigh, etc. Lay flat on your back. Place your arms straight at your sides. Bend your kness so that only your back and feet are touching the ground and then lift your lower back. Once your back is off the ground, do a kegel and then tilt your pelvis down. Hold for a couple seconds (as long as you can) then release, return to start position and do again. Maybe ten at a time, three times a day.

My back would never be able to take that. I also have hip issues and that would be a great way to throw out my hip.

I gave birth to 5 large-ish babies in a span of 7 years. No cutting, no tearing, but *lots* of stretching. :001_huh:

Anyone feel like childbirth stretched them out beyond what Kegel exercises could possibly repair? Anyone go with a surgical option? :leaving:

Cystocele & severe urocele. That's TMI. Eventually I'm told functions will cease to work and we will HAVE to have surgery. Ironically I posted on this somewhere else last night! Someone on another board linked me to this.

http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/05/pelvic-floor-party-kegels-are-not.html

I have no idea how true it is, but it's pretty fascinating stuff.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

I think it needs a sign like the right side rear view mirror. Something like this.

Objects on Amazon are smaller than they appear.

:lol::lol: My guess is it's not as....imposing....as it looks.

Kegels DO work, if you are doing them correctly, IMO. I saw a physical therapist for 6 mos after my 3rd baby, and she showed me how to do them, as well as several other exercises.

An FYI, a collapsed pelvic floor will lift with time as hormones recede. After Rebecca a.k.a. PUMPKIN HEAD was born I had a severe prolapse. Severe. As in I knew it was there and anyone with two eyes in the shower with me could tell too. (blush.) That bad. :(

But it did recede and improve. It gets worse with hormones too unfortunately. And then gets better again. And then worse. Right now it's the worst it has ever been. *But* previous to this I have had seven years of relative comfort and control. That's not bad. Still can't figure out Mrs. Duggar's OB said she has a good pelvic floor. Sigh. I wish.

I strengthened my pelvic floor and can now jump (and walk and run and cough) without peeing.

Get a rebounder (mini trampoline) that is suitable for your weight. You should be able to stand on it and not sink down. Then bounce. No jumping. Just bounce, 5 minutes a day for a month, and you too can jump rope again. :)

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Oh. My. Goodness.

Now I'm truly LOL! My kids think I've lost my mind, I'm laughing so hard. :lol::lol:

Since we're talking head size, has anyone had a baby with a head larger than 15 1/2 inches?:001_huh:

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Try shoulders that were 16in! And then he kept pushing his arm up near his face on the way out.

I don't know how big his shoulders were but his chest was also 15 1/2 inches so I'd think

larger than 16 inches.

My back would never be able to take that. I also have hip issues and that would be a great way to throw out my hip.

That's what I would have thought and it certainly wasn't easy to begin with but my PT worked with me and I was eventually able to do it correctly. Slowly at first and then more over time. I really do think that in combination with everything else I was doing it helped. Of course, I do have several exercises that I do all together so I can't really say which ones are doing what but this is going on what my PT told me and what I can feel. I am really out of shape right now as I haven't done my exercises in about three months due to craziness and sickness but I am hoping to get back with it soon.

That's what I would have thought and it certainly wasn't easy to begin with but my PT worked with me and I was eventually able to do it correctly. Slowly at first and then more over time. I really do think that in combination with everything else I was doing it helped. Of course, I do have several exercises that I do all together so I can't really say which ones are doing what but this is going on what my PT told me and what I can feel. I am really out of shape right now as I haven't done my exercises in about three months due to craziness and sickness but I am hoping to get back with it soon.

Some of us can't afford a PT, so we do the best we can and avoid what would potentially hurt us.

Some of us can't afford a PT, so we do the best we can and avoid what would potentially hurt us.

Oh, I absolutely understand this. My benefits ran out at the beginning of Nov. last year and I haven't got my medical card yet this year so I am going three months now without any treatment and I am hobbling like an old lady. Going to the bathroom is a challange and I haven't done any exercises since then because it is simply too painful. So I can relate. :grouphug: