Menu

Is this a new trend in photos?

What is with the under-25 crowd?

They either have their lips puckered in a sad attempt to look sexy (?) or they have their tongues hanging out.

They'll be sorry when, at 35 or so, they want to burn the evidence but they realize it's DIGITAL and every one of their 2000 facebook friends has a copy of the file!

:tongue_smilie:

Guest Dulcimeramy

I could do without the tongues in the all the photos.

I asked Dh if he thought this method of attracting a mate would have worked back in the late 80's. He said not in his opinion.

They either have their lips puckered in a sad attempt to look sexy (?) or they have their tongues hanging out.

They'll be sorry when, at 35 or so, they want to burn the evidence but they realize it's DIGITAL and every one of their 2000 facebook friends has a copy of the file!

Duckface! Ugh! There is NOTHING pretty or sexy about it! I don't get it either.

Ugh. :glare:

And how about the shooting from above and making sure that the cleavage (or what they think is cleavage) takes a half of the picture?

:iagree:

Yes, to this and the duckface. I do admit to laughing without shame at the pictures, especially the moms of my kids' friends who use these poses. :D

I guess I'm outside the loop but apparently it's quite sexy and oozes youthfulness... ;)

There was a spoof I say called White Girls and Gang Signs, and it was pics of girls doing the duck face and throwing gang signs. I asked my 20 yo niece and she said it was not supposed to look attractive but funny in an ironic way.

Yes, it's on youtube, call "white chicks and gang signs" very funny.

I have nieces that are 21-23 and their college facebook pages are full of pictures like these. I think they take sooooo many pictures, they're trying to find a way to make them a little different.

I don't know about tongue studs, but I have noticed that most of the teens in these pictures need to make better use of the toothbrush ifyouknowwhatImean.

I'm sorry that you are so tragically un-hip, but didn't you know that plaque and bits of food stuck in your teeth just SCREAM sex appeal?!

:D <------

:iagree: I had these exact thoughts as I saw my niece posted new FB photos of her friends and herself. It's all they were doing; I'm not sure there was even one smile! These types of pictures drive me crazy, and they are not flattering at all.

I've heard it called Fish Face. There used to be a website dedicated to mocking it, but I can't seem to find it now.

Ah yes, Duck Face. There's a song on YouTube but there's LOTS of language in it. I don't understand.

My oldest dd21 had told me about the website called AntiDuckface - I hesitate to link it because some of the content may be inappropriate - but that is possibly the spoof site mentioned.

So goofy.

I just briefly looked at www.antiduckface.com and laughed so hard! If you decide to click, be prepared for some foul language. I learned a new word: jackassery. I think I will use that one often. :D

I particularly loved that word. And some of the other captions. Hilarious!

:iagree::iagree:

SO funny!

astrid (now we need a little duck smilie!)

Not just the under-25 crowd. Three of my sisters-in-law do this all the time. Half of their pics on FB are duckfaced, with peace sign, from above showing cleavage, in the bathroom with the camera in the pic....you name it. And they are all well over 30. :confused:

I don't notice this much since I've hidden almost all of the teen friends I have on Facebook. I figure that's much nicer because I can't be tempted to leave comments.

Me too, I don't want to unfriend them, but a couple of my young male cousins in particular have horrible language in EVERY post and I didn't want my kids to se or read that.

I just briefly looked at www.antiduckface.com and laughed so hard! If you decide to click, be prepared for some foul language. I learned a new word: jackassery. I think I will use that one often. :D

GAAAHHH:lol::lol::lol:

this antiduckface.com is powered by Tumblr, a few jerks in Los Angeles, and a lot of booze

lol!

I loved the goth duckface, myself.