Menu

Please pray for my brother..

Our Thanksgiving is not turning out as planned. We were supposed to go to one of my sister's for Thanksgiving. Also, we all were getting together tonight at my brother's to go through some of my mom's things. Now, my sister has a sinus infection and her son has strep, so her family will not be coming up for TG. I haven't seen her since August.

Then I find out that my brother has been admitted to the hospital with abdominal pain, swelling and a fever. I am worried about him. 2 years ago, he had prostate cancer. Of course, lots of terrible thoughts are going through my head. He is my favorite brother ... I know I am not supposed to say that, but he is the only one of my 5 siblings that "gets" me. Please pray that this is something minor.

Our Thanksgiving is not turning out as planned. We were supposed to go to one of my sister's for Thanksgiving. Also, we all were getting together tonight at my brother's to go through some of my mom's things. Now, my sister has a sinus infection and her son has strep, so her family will not be coming up for TG. I haven't seen her since August.

Then I find out that my brother has been admitted to the hospital with abdominal pain, swelling and a fever. I am worried about him. 2 years ago, he had prostate cancer. Of course, lots of terrible thoughts are going through my head. He is my favorite brother ... I know I am not supposed to say that, but he is the only one of my 5 siblings that "gets" me. Please pray that this is something minor.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I talked to my family and apparently, he has a fluid filled mass in his abdomen. He had been having abdominal cramping for a couple weeks and it got so bad, his doc sent him to the ER. He is on antibiotics and, if that doesn't reduce things, they will be aspirating the mass. He says he is feeling a little better. My family is big on grandiose plans that don't turn out (like I thought I could host Christmas eve 4 days after moving into our house while pregnant - yeah right - everyone just made alternate plans quietly and waited for me to melt down) - he thinks he will be joining us for Thanksgiving dinner. Ummm - I don't think so.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I still hope this is nothing serious.

Thank you all for your prayers. My brother got out of the hospital today and made it to Thanksgiving dinner! He was still in pain, but, being the stoic that he is, he never let on. My brother had an attack of gout. They are not sure what the mass is, but they are thinking it had to do with a lymph node that was cut during his prostate surgery a couple years ago. It could be that the lymph fluid had no place to go and built up, creating a bulge in the system. They will be doing more tests to be sure.

I'm still sad that I couldn't see my sister, but we did have a very nice evening. I am pretty tired, so I am heading off to bed.

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Thank you all for your prayers. My brother got out of the hospital today and made it to Thanksgiving dinner! He was still in pain, but, being the stoic that he is, he never let on. My brother had an attack of gout. They are not sure what the mass is, but they are thinking it had to do with a lymph node that was cut during his prostate surgery a couple years ago. It could be that the lymph fluid had no place to go and built up, creating a bulge in the system. They will be doing more tests to be sure.

I'm still sad that I couldn't see my sister, but we did have a very nice evening. I am pretty tired, so I am heading off to bed.

Well, praise God :) He made it after all.

:party:

I'm glad it all worked out. Enjoy your sleep :D

I'm glad you got to see him. I pray they are able to figure out the problem and how to address it.