Menu

What is the significance of your avatar?

I was threelops on the old boards, and changed to JudoMom shortly before the format changed.

I tried to find a rabbit doing Judo, but the closest I came was a guinea pig doing karate.

HA! I was organizing recipes yesterday and found a recipe printed from the old boards, where I lurked but never participated. I think maybe it was buffalo chicken dip or something? It was posted by threelops and I wondered to myself whether threelops was still around and who they might be now! Too funny to see you post this :D.

As for my avatar? I'm sparrow :001_smile:.

Mine is berries I picked this summer on a hillside, and though it doesn't represent anything super-deep, I suppose it could tie in to my anti-consumerism, anti-industrialized-food, subsitence-from-nature-is-best ideal. It's just an *ideal* that I try for, that I implement when possible - I don't live 100% subsistence off the land by any stretch of the imagination.

I lived in Japan in the 1980s and had the most adorable plum-colored corduroy overalls with Hello Kitty embroidered on them. I was so sad when I outgrew them. Now I think I'm a bit too old to wear Hello Kitty as much as I'd like so this way I can look at her instead.:001_smile: Plus I own/play a purple guitar.

This week's question is "What is the significance of your avatar?"

Is there a story behind it? Is it a photo which is special to you?

Why, thank you for asking!

My avatar is Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in Aliens. In this picture, she is protecting a child, holding a machine gun.

When dh had cancer, he had this picture as the wall paper on his computer. He visualized himself as the girl, with Ripley protecting him and fighting off the cancer in his body.

Why, thank you for asking!

My avatar is Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in Aliens. In this picture, she is protecting a child, holding a machine gun.

When dh had cancer, he had this picture as the wall paper on his computer. He visualized himself as the girl, with Ripley protecting him and fighting off the cancer in his body.

What a significant avatar, Pam.

This bit of a wiki article pretty well sums it up for me...

"Aunt Em is a fictional character from the Oz books.[1] She is the aunt of Dorothy Gale and wife of Uncle Henry, and lived together with them on a farm in Kansas. In The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, she is described as having been a "young, pretty wife" when she arrived at Uncle Henry's farm, but having been greyed by her life in Kansas..."

Mine are Kodama from the movie Princess Mononoke- they are 'tree spirits', somewhat like Dryads.

I really enjoy all of Hayao Miyazaki's movies, they either cheer me up or make me think.

hahahahaha, wrong message board. This one is Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro- one of Miyazaki's movies that makes me smile.

Mine is a back view of one of my boys. It's from my most favorite picture shoot ever. My kids all wore stunning vintage style outfits that year, and the pictures were taken in front of a really old building here in town. There was a little bit of fresh snow on the ground. It was perfect.

Both of my girls love and play the piano so they always felt like this painting (Renoir, I think) represents the two of them. Each girl has a print of this framed in their rooms. In fact, my older dd earned her print from her piano teacher. Their teacher gives them a small number of points each week for practice that they can use to buy piano/music items from her "store". Dd choose to earn her print (about 5-6 months of saving points) and we promised to frame it for her for Christmas.

My son took my picture with his cell phone last week. I was happy that my recent weight loss was apparent and the many chins I have been sporting these past few years were not, so I changed my profile pictures here and on FB

Edited by Crissy