Menu

Nutella -- Just how disgusting is it?

How disgusting is Nutella?  

1. 1. How disgusting is Nutella?

• Completely disgusting.
    • Not my favourite, but it's edible... barely.
    • It's OK once in a while.
    • It's my secret shame.
    • I proclaim my love to one and all.
    • Obligatory Other

Well, since I don't like hazelnut flavor, I would say it is pretty disgusting. However, mayo is even worse. I can only handle it if it is mixed with something else that's flavor is so strong as to overwhelm the mayo (potato salad with onions and greek seasoning, tuna, deviled eggs, etc.)

I DETEST peanut butter. With a passion.

Love nutella.

People, it's chocolate. It doesn't really taste like hazelnuts at all (which I also like). It's chocolate jam for your bread.

People who don't like it - is it the texture? In that case do you like puddings and pastry creme? Or is that you don't like chocolate? Or is it that you don't like chocolate on bread?

There are few things I find as disgusting as Nutella. You?

I'm right there with you.

And... It does not taste like chocolate. Godiva is chocolate. Even Lindor is chocolate. Nutella is not chocolate.

I think Nutella tastes like I imagine wet socks worn all day by a sweaty dog would taste.

Edited by Audrey

It doesn't taste like chocolate to me: more like cheap cocoa flavanoids. Maybe it's just that the chocolate flavor is cut by hazelnut and that's why it seems so different? I like hazelnuts, but not in Nutella...

Love nutella.

People, it's chocolate. It doesn't really taste like hazelnuts at all (which I also like). It's chocolate jam for your bread.

People who don't like it - is it the texture? In that case do you like puddings and pastry creme? Or is that you don't like chocolate? Or is it that you don't like chocolate on bread?

Preach it, Hornblower! They probably don't like PUPPIES, either!! Go get 'em!!

:lol:

Love nutella.

I guess it takes like Easter candy low quality chocolate to me. Too oily or something. I can't explain it. But it nothing like good quality dark chocolate.

:svengo:

Blasphemy!!

I think that your poll should read:

I am a Nutella Hater. I also have a deep-seated hatred for:

Puppies

Kittens

Sunlight

Newborn babes

All things good in this world. :tongue_smilie:

Please don't say you hate chocolate. Even my MIL loves chocolate, and she hates everything. :lol:

Nutella is the one (and only) food that I hide from the rest of the house. :lol: I usually put in the cabinet with the tea pitchers, because no one thinks to look there for food. :D

Do you ever forget where you put it? I have hidden things in places that I think are ingenious -- and then forgotten where they were. Not good when you need a chocolate fix. :D

Nutella crepes at ihop? what? Then again, that's how I eat them at home. I have brainwashed my entire family into eating them that way. Like it took much convincing. Ambrosial.

My husband recently bought a stockpile of it. It was on sale AND we had a bunch of $1 off coupons. Heh.

Guest Cindie2dds

:lol::lol::lol: I agree!

Blasphemy!!

Puppies

Kittens

Sunlight

Newborn babes

Love nutella.

:iagree:

This is a really funny thread! I love Nutella. So do my kids. "Chocolate toast" is a breakfast favorite around here. Sometimes it's the only chocolate available and I have to have a little spoonful when I'm desperate.

And on peanut butter bread? Mmmmmm.... like a peanut butter cup for breakfast!

Blasphemy!!

Puppies

Kittens

Sunlight

Newborn babes

Oh please.

Puppies?

Kittens?

Sunlight?

Newborn babes?

I love all those things.

3 out of 4 of them taste way better than Nutella. ;)

I find it cloyingly sweet... makes my toes curl... and I like neither the flavour nor the texture. For me, Nutella has not a single redeeming quality. I'll take your word on it that it tastes like chocolate, but the main ingredient in the chocolate I prefer is not sugar (I like it dark). :ack2:

Guest Cindie2dds
I find it cloyingly sweet... makes my toes curl... and I like neither the flavour nor the texture. For me, Nutella has not a single redeeming quality. I'll take your word on it that it tastes like chocolate, but the main ingredient in the chocolate I prefer is not sugar (I like it dark). :ack2:

I bet you don't like TimBits either.... ;) Now, that would be blasphemy!

I bet you don't like TimBits either.... ;) Now, that would be blasphemy!
:lol:

Some better than others... I like the cakey glazed ones, and the yeasty sugar (granulated) coated.

Edited by nmoira
clarity

Do you ever forget where you put it? I have hidden things in places that I think are ingenious -- and then forgotten where they were. Not good when you need a chocolate fix. :D

I haven't forgotten yet--that would be terrible--but in a desperate situation, a teaspoon of chocolate syrup will do. :tongue_smilie:

Oh please.

Puppies?

Kittens?

Sunlight?

Newborn babes?

I love all those things.

3 out of 4 of them taste way better than Nutella. ;)

I suppose you could taste puppies and kittens.... :) Sunlight has to be completely out, though. Well, I guess sunlight could potentially warm your tongue (*imagining someone sticking their tongue into a sunbeam*). If you tasted anything, it would be all the dust that's in the air--the dust you can never see until the sun streams through the window and you find yourself suffocating just thinking about the fact that with every breath you're breathing all THAT in! :ack2:

Nutella Nirvana:

Get a box of Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry sheets. Thaw/unfold according to package directions. Cut each sheet into approximately 12 to 16 squares. Spoon a teaspoon of Nutella into each square, then fold over into a triangle. (It'll look like a tiny little turnover.) Press edges together. Bake according to package directions. Let cool slightly, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.

Heaven, I tell you.

Okay, my 9 month old baby has problems whenever I eat/drink anything with soy or milk in it. So I've had to be a little creative with the "treats" I make for myself. I discovered that I can create things like sour cream, ranch dressing and even chocolate frosting by using canola mayonnaise. (Sounds disgusting, right?) It's actually quite good.

Anyway, a few weeks ago my mother-in-law made a chocolate cake for my 6 yo ds's bday and she made it so that I could have some (no soy/milk). But we had to wait until after dinner to eat it. I have gone SO long without a yummy treat. I was kind of out of my mind craving a taste of that chocolate frosting. . . .

And no graham crackers (they have soy)

So, I thought "Nutella" I could mix this chocolate frosting with my soyfree peanut butter; toast some bread; and . . . yum.

Okay, long story. But I thought of my "Nutella" experience when I saw your poll. Thanks for the happy memory.

I was looking at the nut butters tonight. I found a Dark Chocolate one, but I don't remember the nut. I think it was peanut, but it was $4.85, so I waffled.

Found it. I think I want it.

I'm OK with Nutella. We bought it once because of the hype on the board. We mostly ate it off spoons trying to figure out what it reminded us of. I think we decided it tasted like the inside of those wafer truffle thingies that are packed in 3's or 4's by the checkout. Maybe Lindor. I did spread it on Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies and that was pretty good, but I really like those cookies. I try all sorts of things on them. Crumble them in ice cream. :tongue_smilie:

Nutella Nirvana:

Get a box of Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry sheets. Thaw/unfold according to package directions. Cut each sheet into approximately 12 to 16 squares. Spoon a teaspoon of Nutella into each square, then fold over into a triangle. (It'll look like a tiny little turnover.) Press edges together. Bake according to package directions. Let cool slightly, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.

Heaven, I tell you.

Yum!!!! This was seriously the wrong thread to read this late at night. Now I'll never get to sleep.

Since Nutella, or something made from the same ingredients, forms the filling in chocolate seashells, I can hardly object to the stuff. :drool5:

Nutella on bread, particularly cheap, white, supermarket bread is right up there on my list of gross things. :ack2: If you are that desperate, admit defeat and eat it out of the jar.

Rosie

I would eat nothing but Nutella on Ritz crackers for the rest of my life if it were socially acceptable and wouldn't kill me. In fact I would eat just Nutella...by itself...with a spoon. If I were about to be executed my last taste of food would be Nutella. :D

Well, you're 40 now, and I agree with the posters on your thread about why 40 is great that public opinion no longer matters once you reach this age. So you can now eat Nutella on Ritz crackers to your heart's content. :D

I voted the obligatory other because I may be the only person on earth who has never tasted this stuff....I keep hearing about it, but I have never ventured out to try it.

There is at least one other "person on earth who has never tasted this stuff" . . .

Maybe someday I'll "venture out to try it", but that day hasn't arrived yet . . .