Menu

My sister is loosing her battle with cancer.

My 40 year old sister was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 3 years and 2 months ago. At the time they told us she would likely live 2.5 to 3 years. She is in the final stages now and will likely pass away in the next 36 hours. She is unconscious and not in pain at this point.

We had such a complicated relationship. She is cognitively disabled (IQ of 69 or so) and we never really found a way to relate to each other. I know our relationship (or lack of one) grieves our mother.

I am sad, tired, and anxious. My family doesn't work really well together and I'm bracing myself for a difficult next week.

I don't know what else to say....

I'm so sorry, Laura. :grouphug:

I don't know if you're close geographically? If so, can you pretty much go be with her until she passes away? I'm sure you've thought through a lot of this so please forgive me if my comment offends. I can just say that I didn't have a very close relationship with my mother in law (there was no animosity or negativity, we just weren't close geographically for much of our married life), but I was with her when she passed away a few months ago, and I'm thankful for that.

:grouphug:

Edited by milovaný

She passed away just a little while ago. I spent a couple of hours by her side tonight and was able to say what I needed to say. I hope she is at peace now.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

May her memory be eternal.

She passed away just a little while ago. I spent a couple of hours by her side tonight and was able to say what I needed to say. I hope she is at peace now.

You and your family are in our prayers.:grouphug: I will be praying for peace and comfort and for a week where everybody just pulls together and really connects with eachother!:grouphug::grouphug: