Menu

It's official - THEY'RE OURS!!!!!!

mommyagain

I know that this is not technically homeschool related, but I usually only hang out in this forum and anyone who "knows" me will be here.

Anyway, we went to court this morning to finalize the adoption of our little foster boys!!!!!!! We are sooooo excited!!!:hurray::hurray:

I guess, this could be homeschool related - I just added 2 students to our school :tongue_smilie:!

Just had to share, thanks!!

That is great news!!! Congrats to you and your family!

My daughter is adopted, and many say that she is "lucky" to have us, but we know that we are the ones who are blessed ... because we have her!

I'm sure you feel the same way! So happy for your family!

God Bless!

That is great news!!! Congrats to you and your family!

My daughter is adopted, and many say that she is "lucky" to have us, but we know that we are the ones who are blessed ... because we have her!

I'm sure you feel the same way! So happy for your family!

God Bless!

You are absolutely right! The keep us young and bring us joy every day!!

Now practice breathing again. You will need the oxygen! Seriously, I don't know for how long I actually barely breathed in my life through the adoption process.

I'm so glad it all turned out favorable for you! Enjoy! :)

I know that this is not technically homeschool related, but I usually only hang out in this forum and anyone who "knows" me will be here.

Anyway, we went to court this morning to finalize the adoption of our little foster boys!!!!!!! We are sooooo excited!!!:hurray::hurray:

I guess, this could be homeschool related - I just added 2 students to our school :tongue_smilie:!

Just had to share, thanks!!

OH LORD!!!! That is sooooo wonderful!!!

Congratulations....that is very awesome.

God's blessings on your family.

Faithe

Thank you so much, ladies! It's so nice to share with people who will be happy for us and not think we're nuts!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Just wanted to share that a dear friend and her husband just relinquished their foster care license after finalizing their 9th adoption!!!

You're not crazy, you're a blessing!!! :001_smile:

BEST WISHES to you and your family :grouphug:

Congratulations! You must be thrilled that this emotional roller coaster is over!

Dh and I have adopted also. Ds was adopted from the Philippines 5 years ago.

Dd, Ds, Dd were adopted out of foster 3 years ago.

We are currently in the adoption process (foster) with Ds, Dd and Dd. We hope to finalize in August.

As someone who was a family social worker years ago, I know some of what you had to do to make these boys your own. Lots of hoops to jump through, right? But worth every one to gain two sons!

I also can imagine how you have transformed their lives. For some reason, your post has me in tears, literally. I am crying into my tea. Why?

I remember the children -- the faces, the bruises, the lice. I remember the homes -- the darkness, the stench, the chaos....

I remember the bio-parents -- the rage, the shame, the addictions. I remember the foster/adoptive parents -- the longing, the sacrifice, the triumphs. :crying:

It was, shall we say, a highly emotional career, LOL. So much anger, guilt, shame, love, heartache, longing, and joy floating around. The laws are so tough sometimes, too.... It was painful to watch, too much for my heart, really.

But when I had "placed" a child or sibling group out of an absolute nightmare existence into a truly healthy, loving, stable home -- where a child could not only survive, but thrive -- then it was worth the crazy hours, the dangerous journeys into crack houses riddled with used needles and condoms :001_huh:, the nerve-wracking courtroom dramas, wrapping my head around the horrifying concept of "thrown babies" (if you can't figure it out, don't ask, you'll sleep better), and all the abuse I took as a social worker. ;) If I had a dime for every time I got to hear, "F#@& you, B(*&^%," I could happily retire.

Congratulations on giving your sons a family, a place of safety and belonging. Please remember to thank your social worker! :001_smile: