Menu

Trying again to post this as a poll -- In which decade were you born?

In which decade were you born?  

1. 1. In which decade were you born?

• 1940s
    • 1950s
    • 1960s
    • 1970s
    • 1980s
    • 1990s

Here I am posting this again - I posted in the YSV thread --

I was born in 1954 :w00t:.......yes, 1954.......I've given birth in FOUR different decades:

dd in 1979

dd in 1980

dd in 1999

dd and ds (twins) in 2000

Wow! You remind me of a Swedish woman in my neighbourhood. Her youngest dd, a year older than me, was 2 years younger than her nephew. Her kids were all spread out, & her dd was in the hospital having her baby when either me or my sister was born. However, she may have had them in 3 decades not 4.

I ticked 50's but I was born in '59 so that might be misleading. :rolleyes: Graduated high school in '77, married since '78, graduated from college in '83, had my girls in '91 and '93. How's that for a pile of stats. :001_smile:

:lol::lol::lol: Sure;). Are you born in Dec? It used to frustrate me when I was a dc to know a girl less than 2 months older than me getting to be a grade higher than me because she was born in Dec & the cutoff was Dec 31. I was so mature in elementary school.

Perhaps there needs to be a new poll for those of us born in the 9 & 0 years ;).

:lol::lol::lol: Sure;). Are you born in Dec? It used to frustrate me when I was a dc to know a girl less than 2 months older than me getting to be a grade higher than me because she was born in Dec & the cutoff was Dec 31. I was so mature in elementary school.

Perhaps there needs to be a new poll for those of us born in the 9 & 0 years ;).

Nope, born in July, but our school district had a summer cut off date and I was one of the youngest in my class. Since I was also tiny for my age and what would now be called a 'geek' it was not a good idea. Smaller, bored out of my mind, and not savvy enough to keep quiet about it, I'm lucky my classmates let me live. :lol: (This was not a childhood trauma, I grew up in a small town with nice friends.)

When I was growing up I thought it was really neat to be born in 1969, since it made me sooooo much older than my friends born in 1970. Now my perspective has changed: six days later and I'd be a 1970 baby--surely I don't still have to claim the 60's, do I?

I did say the 60's on the poll though--begrudgingly!

my mother was pg with her oldest (me) at the exact same time that her mother (my grandmother) was pg with her youngest so I am 9 days older than my aunt. This was in 1953.

Adopted my dc when I was 41 and 43.

My mom and grandmother alternated having kids from 1949 to 1954. (I wasn't one of them - I wasn't born until 1964.)

When I was growing up I thought it was really neat to be born in 1969, since it made me sooooo much older than my friends born in 1970. Now my perspective has changed: six days later and I'd be a 1970 baby--surely I don't still have to claim the 60's, do I?

I did say the 60's on the poll though--begrudgingly!

Yeah...I don't know. I'm '79, & I still don't think I'd be able to stomach the thought of being born in the 80s. They were so...80s. Kwim? ;)

To a kid doing a quick look--like I guess we all do w/ our parents--I'd rather they say, oooh, the 70s instead of uuuurgh, the 80s. Although I guess it will all sound like ancient history to them. Huh. Mine aren't quite old enough for me to have realized that yet. :001_huh:

Here I am posting this again - I posted in the YSV thread --

I was born in 1954 :w00t:.......yes, 1954.......I've given birth in FOUR different decades:

dd in 1979

dd in 1980

dd in 1999

dd and ds (twins) in 2000

I just need to have one more baby - :tongue_smilie:- and then I will have given birth in 4 decades too! But I will settle for 3 decades.

one in the 1980s

two in the 1990s

four in the 2000s

Wasn't fertility supposed to decline with age? :lol:

I've always been the youngest in any group I've been in; but the older ladies never seemed "older" to me, just wiser. I was born in '77.

Looking at this poll, though, and seeing that there are people here who were born in the 80's is making me feel old - not wise, just old. :001_huh:

So, how much longer until I become one of the wise ones ????

:D

1980... I always liked having an 0 year, because it made it easier to figure out how old I would be (oooh, that's going to happen in 1996... I'll be 16!), I think having a July birthday, though, is worse than an 0 birthday. I was the youngest person in my class and it's always too hot to do anything for my birthday.

I'm a young'un! I was born in 1982. We're a three generation family; my husband is Generation X, my son and I are both Generation Y (or whatever else they're calling it these days), and my daughter is a Millenial.

I've always been one of the youngest people in my groups of friends or my class, since my birthday is in April, but it's never bugged me. When I was working as a journalist at the ripe old age of 18, my boss loved introducing me to the Cub Scout or Girl Scout groups that came through and telling them my age. The kids didn't care, but it always got a good reaction from the adults. :) Now I'm starting to meet moms who are younger than I am, and it throws me sometimes!

Ack! There are so many of you that are almost the same age as my son! Well, I know I'm an old lady......so there.

Anyhow:

Born at the end of 1959, but I marked 1960s since that is when I was a little baby and grew up, not the 50s.

Graduated high school: 1978

Married: 1982

Had babies: 1984 ; 1989 ; 1992

Homeschooling since: 1994