Menu

What the heck?

If I see one more dom cruising the women's underwear department at Walmart's I think I'm going to call him on it. Creeps.

I mean really, the last place I want to be in Walmart is looking at men's underwear.

You never know - they may be looking for a gift.

You know the closer it gets to Christmas, the more desperate many men/women get.

:lol:

Now see, there's a positive outlook. I just want to holler "HEY everyone, there's some guy in the underwear department undie oogling!!!"

I am on a break at work and I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Perhaps you should do it and then let us all know what happened next! :D

That reminds of my last trip to Victoria's Secret. There are no secrets. There were as many teen-age to 20-something young men as women in the store. I don't know what's wrong with me but there is something unnerving about having some of them who are young enough to be your son pawing through the stack where there is a pair you might want to buy. I personally think underwear shopping should be conducted in a women-only environment, with low lighting, mirrors that make you look ultra-svelte, and celebrated with champagne and chocolate. Or you can go where I went and hear just a few feet from your dressing room, "Hey babe, that thong is so like rad." I swear the kid's voice squeaked when he said it.:tongue_smilie:

That reminds of my last trip to Victoria's Secret. There are no secrets. There were as many teen-age to 20-something young men as women in the store. I don't know what's wrong with me but there is something unnerving about having some of them who are young enough to be your son pawing through the stack where there is a pair you might want to buy. I personally think underwear shopping should be conducted in a women-only environment, with low lighting, mirrors that make you look ultra-svelte, and celebrated with champagne and chocolate. Or you can go where I went and hear just a few feet from your dressing room, "Hey babe, that thong is so like rad." I swear the kid's voice squeaked when he said it.:tongue_smilie:

Oh dear, there are no words.

Snorting and laughing!! Double standard. A woman in the men's dept. is legit.

Yeah, we know that very few men actually make it to the store to buy their own underwear. I think I would be fairly shocked to find a man actually buying men's underwear for himself....

As to the men in women's undie depts - maybe we should offer help. My friend was shocked by her dh last Christmas with a sheer red nightie that had an attached rhinestone collar - that fit like a dog collar.... She said she couldn't believe someone would actually let him buy it LOL

Hey, I just don't to be accused of ogling the handsome young men in the underwear section when I'm old and just trying to get dh some fresh undies. :lol:

When was the last time you actually saw a man, handsome or not, young or not, in the men's underwear section. I honestly can't remember ever seeing one. :D

Yeah, we know you. You're going to be in there with a Mikes messing with the undies!!!:lol:

:tongue_smilie::lol:

When was the last time you actually saw a man, handsome or not, young or not, in the men's underwear section. I honestly can't remember ever seeing one. :D

Hm, this is true.

My first job out of college -- religion degree, don't recommend it -- was selling women's lingerie in Sears. (Sing it with me: SEARS! YOUR MONEY'S WORTH AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!) I had a customer whose husband tactfully gazed at the handbags while she shopped. After a while, he came to the counter and started chatting with me. He was an older man, and had been an Olympic athlete, one of the first black men to race for the US in the first Olympics after WWII. Turns out, this guy was working as a bouncer at a bar, and he would hear the cross-dressers comparing their goodies. "That's just cheap! Where did you get that, K-Mart? Nordstrom for me, baby. Nordies all the way." (And here he was buying his wife's underwear at Sears; though she was buying only practical items.) So my thought, Remudamom, is that the dom might actually be buying these items for himself.

If I see one more dom cruising the women's underwear department at Walmart's I think I'm going to call him on it. Creeps.

I mean really, the last place I want to be in Walmart is looking at men's underwear.

Funny :)

Funnier :lol:

My first job out of college -- religion degree, don't recommend it -- was selling women's lingerie in Sears. (Sing it with me: SEARS! YOUR MONEY'S WORTH AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!) I had a customer whose husband tactfully gazed at the handbags while she shopped. After a while, he came to the counter and started chatting with me. He was an older man, and had been an Olympic athlete, one of the first black men to race for the US in the first Olympics after WWII. Turns out, this guy was working as a bouncer at a bar, and he would hear the cross-dressers comparing their goodies. "That's just cheap! Where did you get that, K-Mart? Nordstrom for me, baby. Nordies all the way." (And here he was buying his wife's underwear at Sears; though she was buying only practical items.) So my thought, Remudamom, is that the dom might actually be buying these items for himself.

Oh my.....:smilielol5:

Snorting and laughing!! Double standard. A woman in the men's dept. is legit.

Ya know, I was thinking today how totally full of double standards we are. I was buying our lunch at the college cafeteria and this woman at the checkout was going on and on about how handsome my son is. He's 13; he was uncomfortable, because he is shy, and darnit, that's weird. It struck me that while this is kinda legit, and older woman gushing about a boy being handsome, if it were a man gushing over my 13yo daughter, I would have belted him. Funny.

This is a good time of year for transvestites to buy ladies' underwear for themselves -- no one will suspect a thing.

Unless their wives buy them the frilly stuff, too. (I don't think I want to think about that for too long.)

OTOH, I've never met a cross-dresser -- maybe they go to snazzier places than Wal-Mart for their unmentionables. Fredericks of Hollywood, more likely -- if that place is still around. Wal-Mart is probably for those that have lost their day jobs and are desperate for new frou-frou.

Edited by RoughCollie

Ya know, I was thinking today how totally full of double standards we are. I was buying our lunch at the college cafeteria and this woman at the checkout was going on and on about how handsome my son is. He's 13; he was uncomfortable, because he is shy, and darnit, that's weird. It struck me that while this is kinda legit, and older woman gushing about a boy being handsome, if it were a man gushing over my 13yo daughter, I would have belted him. Funny.

Totally--I totally agree! Isn't it funny how that works?

:lol: I wish I looked rad in a thong.

I'm going to add rad knickers to my Christmas list.

OTOH, I've never met a cross-dresser -- maybe they go to snazzier places than Wal-Mart for their unmentionables. Fredericks of Hollywood, more likely -- if that place is still around. Wal-Mart is probably for those that have lost their day jobs and are desperate for new frou-frou.

My first job out of college was as an Assistant Manager at a women's store called Gantos. (I graduated a long time ago :001_smile:) One night just before closing, a guy came in and asked if he could try on some formal dresses. Since there were no customers in the store and I would never turn down a sale, I said sure.

He actually came out of the dressing room with one of the dresses on to get my opinion. He told me to ignore the chest hair because he would be shaving before wearing the dress in public! :lol:

Flashback to newly wed bliss for me...:lol::lol:My husband will not let me call them undies..:lol::lol: Underwear is what men wear, Tammy;).

Hey, I just don't to be accused of ogling the handsome young men in the underwear section when I'm old and just trying to get dh some fresh undies. :lol:

Ogling old men in the undie department...Move em with your cart...

:lol::lol::lol: I'm not allowed to refer to them as panties either..

I cause my dh unbearable pain by constantly referring to them as panties.

And when he stomps around saying they're 'underwear' I tell him to stop getting his panties in a wad.......

Edited by Tammyla

I cause my dh unbearable pain by constantly referring to them as panties.

And when he stomps around saying they're 'underwear' I tell him to stop getting his panties in a wad.......

I dont' even know the real names. In private of course, you know, like now :), I call the non-boxer kind Man Panties. And man, can they get in a wad when I do.

When I'm not tormenting my husband the girl ones are undies and the boy ones are Daddy's Undies.

Edited by MomOfOneFunOne

I did the other day!!! I was shopping for some for my dh...and I was a little nervous to be standing next to a hottie-in a suit as he was searching for his undies....:D I ended up walking over to the mens robes to give the guy a little space--when he was done I went back to shopping for my dh! ;)

LOL! While I've gotten used to men in the women's underwear dept, some men should just let their women do the shopping. Last year I was shopping at Fredericks and there was this young, obviously newly married couple. He. Could. Not. Function!!!! :lol: It took me twice as long to shop because I was following them around and busting a gut over their conversations! She kept showing him things and saying, "What do you think of this honey?" He just kept stuttering and looking at the shall we say, "special" panties? She kept wacking him and saying, "Why are you so stuck on those? I want to know what you like!" All he could do was stutter and blush. It was hilarious!!!!:lol:

I used to work in a bridal shop and we had several men come in to try on wedding gowns. Some were legit (as in, they were actually having a ceremony and were engaged to another man) and others were just really sad guys. They just wanted to feel pretty & have someone fuss over them a bit. :001_huh: Some came in dressed up as women already - others were in biker boots and jeans and leather coats. It was quite... interesting! :D

I've never given the guys in the unders department at WalMart a second thought. :lol: I'm always in such a hurry, I guess, it never dawned on me that they could be leering at the cotton panties department. :lol: ewwwwwww

My first job out of college was as an Assistant Manager at a women's store called Gantos. (I graduated a long time ago :001_smile:) One night just before closing, a guy came in and asked if he could try on some formal dresses. Since there were no customers in the store and I would never turn down a sale, I said sure.

He actually came out of the dressing room with one of the dresses on to get my opinion. He told me to ignore the chest hair because he would be shaving before wearing the dress in public! :lol:

This is so funny! My best friend since middle school worked at Gantos in high school, and had several similar incidents. Gantos must have been "the place" for that, I guess.

When you order from VS, there is a box to check as to the gender of the receiver of the item. I have no idea why. I can barely find a size 38 bra so I seriously doubt a man is going to find something that would fit but hey, at least they are not biased. :tongue_smilie: