Menu

PSA--My Rainbow Resource catalog has arrived...summer may now begin :0)

I got mine, too!! It arrived over the weekend, while I was out of town, so I can't wait to curl up with it tonight, as I listen to the thunderstorms. The Rainbow catalog is the one book that I am not afraid to write in! By tomorrow morning, pages will be marked with post-it notes and entries marked with red stars.

If you don't already know, there is a sale on Saxon Math during the month of June!

Sheri :)

Mine came today and I'm freaking out. I can't find a single working highlighter in the whole house!!! :glare:

It doesn't seem to matter that I just placed my order over the weekend.:tongue_smilie:

Oh, a highlighter is not enough! I use sticky note, and let them hang over the edge like tabbed dividers with a heading on the outside and notes about what I am looking at on the inside.....this works especially well combined with the knowledge base here. If someone mentions something, I write in on a sticky note, and then can move to "the book" with my notes when I am ready!

I circle, note and write all over the pages. :0)

Wahoo! I got mine a few days ago - you know you're a homeschooler when... you get all excited at the new RR catalogue! :lol:

It must be how the families felt when the Sears Roebuck (sp?) catalogue came out at the turn of the century. :0) Guess it just speaks to our classical roots LOL:D

Is there something different about the new catalog? (besides the cover :001_smile:)

Just all the new items and the feeling of it being ..... new, fresh, clean and pristine. It is like getting you new school supplies as a kid, and the feeling of opening the coloring crayons the first time. It is breaking that seal (ok rubber bands) that I like the best!

Am I the only one who's totally overwhelmed by this monster? I find it so intimidating, and I can never find anything I'm looking for in it. I find the web site so much easier use. Am I a homeschooling freak??? :confused: :lol:

I like the website, but not their search engine. I find it requires a very specific touch, that sometimes I can't seem to muster. If I don't know what I am looking for exactly, or for items with a few names, I get irritated if I can't get it to come up.

I know with the catalogue all the math is together, history....etc.

You're not kidding. I tripped over it on my way out the door and almost broke my neck.

Mine was in the package pickup section of the mail box that requires a key. lol :lol: The post-person puts the key in the recipients box. When I got the key today, I couldn't figure out what we got because I hadn't ordered anything that big!

Am I the only one who's totally overwhelmed by this monster? I find it so intimidating, and I can never find anything I'm looking for in it. I find the web site so much easier use. Am I a homeschooling freak??? :confused: :lol:

No. It overwhelms me too. I still love having it though because I can get things for a decent price from there. I just have to look them up after I decide what I want. It makes me too greedy to look through it, and also makes me second guess my choices.

I love the RR catalog, but since I've been homeschooling a long time and don't need that much, so I told them it was ok to stop sending their catalog to me. I don't like their website search feature, either, but I figure a lot of trees will be saved by shopping online.

GardenMom

I think you may have saved a forest!

Mine arrived today too :)

Mine arrived yesterday as well! Saved it for today - a rainy day, most of it at home. Off to find the highlighters and sticky notes!

One of the best things I ever did last year was to make a "wish list" from this monster book - then, when I need to bump up an order to get to $ 150 for free shipping, I can add an item or two from my list.

I'm still going to page through the whole thing, though!

No, you are not a freak. The catalog is overwhelming. I actually keep mine in the bathroom. It makes for great reading. Dh often comes out with some great ideas.

Mine arrived yesterday as well! Saved it for today - a rainy day, most of it at home. Off to find the highlighters and sticky notes!

One of the best things I ever did last year was to make a "wish list" from this monster book - then, when I need to bump up an order to get to $ 150 for free shipping, I can add an item or two from my list.

I'm still going to page through the whole thing, though!

That is a great idea! I use the wish list feature...don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

• 3 weeks later...