Menu

Suuuuuuuuuuup?

How is your Saturday? We live in such different places, I always wonder what everybody else is up to. We're at the shop today and there is a redneck...I mean wild game cook-off going on at the harbor. They're actually cooking things like squirrel and possum. We've met some interesting folks today. That's my favorite part of this whole thing. I (and my kids) am (are) learning so much.

Edited by Rich with Kids

Guest Virginia Dawn

We school on Saturdays. Today 10yo finished early so he could play Wii with his big brother home from college. 15yo finished his yearly achievement test. I baked a birthday cake for the 4yo (5 tomorrow) which we will take with us to our church's game night tonight. He wanted to share with everyone.

It's hot and sunny, there was a community yardsale in the park down the road. I have 2 new quarts of strawberry jam in my cupboards and we have all overdosed on strawberries and real whipped cream. My peas have blossoms, I have too much lettuce, all kinds of things are sprouting, and life is good. :-)

It's hot and sunny, there was a community yardsale in the park down the road. I have 2 new quarts of strawberry jam in my cupboards and we have all overdosed on strawberries and real whipped cream. My peas have blossoms, I have too much lettuce, all kinds of things are sprouting, and life is good. :-)

We went to a produce market today and I bought the most beautiful lettuce. I don't want to eat it it's so pretty.

Well, Aaron left at 6 am to hike in the mountains (4 hour drive).

My husband worked until 1:30. It's very hot here today. :(

I rode my bike for 1.5 hours, took a shower, made the boys and me lunch.

Now, I'm about to go make some cards. I need to go to Sally Beauty to get some more hair gel as well.

We have some plants (floral and veggie) to put in the ground, but we'll do it tomorrow. It's almost 90 today. yuck

I'll make a soup from yesterday's roast/veggies/potatoes for dinner.

Oh -- the boys have been playing Star Wars Legos and also swung outside for a while. They watched a bird movie earlier today.

I'm having a weekend alone. My boys went out of town:001_smile::001_smile::001_smile::001_smile: and I woke up to silence. I went shopping, found great books at Goodwill, including D'aulaire's Greek Myths for .39 :001_smile::001_smile: I'm wearing my new earrings I got for Mother's Day from my new favorite jewelry shop and my dog is roaming the house being thankful for AC.

Did I mention it's quiet here. :001_smile::001_smile:

Well, dh hit me up that he is leaving town for Mothers Day. Nice. He has to do a church thing. So I put him outside today to mow five acres,so at least I can wake up tomorrow to a pretty yard.

I decided to do Mothers day w/the girls today. We are staying in and playing board games all day. :D

I went shopping, found great books at Goodwill, including D'aulaire's Greek Myths for .39 :001_smile::001_smile:

Where's that Green With Envy smilie thing??? ;)

I love getting great books for super-low prices. It makes me happy for the whole day! :)

Cat

My dh and I worked out together this morning.

I blogged a bit and then played with my 3yo.

I sat down for some lunch and I heard my dh at the door talking to someone. A few minutes later, he came in to greet me with this. So now I'm eating a choc covered strawberry. Happy Mother's Day to me!:D

In a bit, I'm going to do a few chores around the house and then we are taking my mil to Macaroni Grill for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day.

Today Hobbes was graded at Karate and moved up to orange belt three tabs (whatever that means!). Then I drove him to the station, where he joined husband and Calvin and they went into the city for Chinese Community School. They were gone until 5pm, so I mooched around the garden centre, had a sandwich, then spend the afternoon putting picture books up in the attic. I'm clearing out the spare room in preparation for visiting relatives.

This evening the weather cleared and the boys played football on the lawn while husband grilled burgers and asparagus, and I talked on the phone to my mum. Now Hobbes is heading for the shower and Calvin is sorting out four days worth of clean clothes for us all.

Laura

Well, my day started with a trip to urgent care for dd. Allergy attack, wheezing, got a breathing treatment and some meds.

Then, I went to Stuffmart for dirt for my last few tomato and zuke plants to get them into pots (does it seem odd to anyone else that we buy dirt?). I got those planted and watered all the veggies I've got going.

I had to make some phone calls and got some laundry going. Next, I have to work on a flyer for a church function in two weeks. Tonight, I'll tivo "Harper's Island" and then go pick up dd from her dad's.

I took my 9yo to gym from 9-12 (where I sat on my laptop and drank coffee). Then I came home, ate lunch, and went to bed for a nap.

I'm up now and my dh and kids are gone Mother's Day shopping. So it's strangely quiet here.

The best part is that I cleaned house and did all the laundry yesterday, along with getting everything ready for school on Monday. Go me!

Tomorrow my girls are cooking me lunch, and then my boys are taking me out to dinner.

I started the day at 7am, took a shower, folded lots of laundry, did last night's dishes, played (all day) at the computer.

Later, I made brownies with dd and ate 3 (They were frosted. We never make frosted brownies...). I talked for at least 30 minutes with my dsil about homeschooling (she's more of an unschooler, this is her first year, and she's just so cool...).

Ds 17 is home for 48 hours--he and hubby and ds19 went to see Star Trek this pm, so dd and I just hung out. Now it's really windy and warm, so she's going outside. I'm a little bored and anxious about what I'm going to do this summer and next year, so I'm praying, too.

Like Aubrey, I don't do well without a little structure (but too much sends me over the edge!).

My dh and I worked out together this morning.

I blogged a bit and then played with my 3yo.

I sat down for some lunch and I heard my dh at the door talking to someone. A few minutes later, he came in to greet me with this. So now I'm eating a choc covered strawberry. Happy Mother's Day to me!:D

In a bit, I'm going to do a few chores around the house and then we are taking my mil to Macaroni Grill for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day.

Yum. My hubbie got those strawberries for me last year. They are delicious! And Macaroni Grill? yum

Dd's morning gymnastics practice was cancelled, so we got to sleep in! Dh went to work. Dd had one of her little friends spend the night last night, so I took them and ds out to breakfast and to play at an indoor playground. The little friend's mom picked her up there. Next we had to stop at Lowe's. Then we went to Hobby Lobby, a party outlet store and Target to shop for supplies, treats, etc. for dd's birthday party (in two weeks). We ate lunch at Subway and came home.

Dd wanted to stuff the pinata with candy right away. Then she read a book and went to take a shower so that she could try out our new hand-held shower massager thingy. Ds watched a tv show and then went outside to play/explore. He has come in to show me a firefly that he found (in the middle of the day) and to bring me some wildflowers that he picked for me.

The girls and I went grocery shopping this morning. Got a trunk full of stuff plus two pool noodles (which my oldest insists in calling a "pool needles").

They've been in and out of the pool all day and I'm just taking it slow, enjoying a nice weather and reading Agatha Christie. :001_smile:

Woke up early this morning to set up for the yard sale. Ran to Walmart to buy donuts for our weekly coffee and donut morning at the RV park. Made a whopping $7.50 at the yard sale before it got so hot and we said forget it! Then went to my son's baseball game. Now I'm sitting in the RV park office but it's hot so no one is around and no one needs anything. The kids are passed out under the A/C in the living room. :001_smile: Our 3rd straight day of 100+ temps. I think the 100s are here to stay until the fall. :glare: You always know this day is coming but it still isn't easy!

We managed to get everyone showered and dressed, which was enough to make us feel we'd achieved. Then tidied and vacuumed the lounge room, dug through the worm farm to find a) no worms and b) dirt for my new project. That project is to have a go at growing sunflower greens, so there's some sunflower seeds sprouting in my kitchen right as I type. Then my mother and her partner finally made it over (they're over from Perth atm) and we wandered down to the Multicultural Festival and bought lunch. I ducked into the library to pick up a Monarchy dvd from the hold shelf and look for suitable beginners readers for the Karen mums I'm tutoring. Got told off by the librarian for looking for simple stuff because I shouldn't be treating them like five year olds. I explained that they don't actually speak English so treating them like five year olds is actually appropriate in this circumstance. Now understanding, she perked up and showed me the kiddie readers, which were all too hard anyway. Gave up on that idea and wandered back home for a session of zombie killing. What an afternoon. Killed about 10 zombies and three necromancers and found out we've gotten on the bad side of an undead were-penguin. Undead were-penguin indeed. That's what happens when you let 15 year olds take a turn at running the game...

:)

Rosie

P.S

(does it seem odd to anyone else that we buy dirt?).

No. It doesn't. We have to buy dirt too. We live in a gold mining area, they washed all the topsoil away...

Edited by Rosie_0801

How is your Saturday? We live in such different places, I always wonder what everybody else is up to. We're at the shop today and there is a redneck...I mean wild game cook-off going on at the harbor. They're actually cooking things like squirrel and possum. We've met some interesting folks today. That's my favorite part of this whole thing. I (and my kids) am (are) learning so much.

My brother would love that!! He used to hunt and eat that sort of stuff as a teen. My other brother who is now on the other side once made turtle stew when he was teen or preteen. Not me, though I do like elk, and deer.

As for our day, husband slept until 11:00. We went to Target, was hoping to find some nads to take care of leg hair. Ended up trying the smooth away sandpaper, but it didn't work, as I let the hair grow to try nads, so I used the razor. Ok, that was a bit too personal. Got a pedi egg, always wanted to try it. it seemed to work pretty good. My kids are excited about the wii fit, and husband is waiting until tomorrow to bring it in and hook it up. Hopefully the WHOLE family will use it. My husband is a couch potato big time. We baked some peanut butter cookies, yum yum. Plan to watch Knowing later. We plan to grill chicken tomorrow, and bake fresh bread.

It is Sunday Morning here now...

This just blows me away anytime I think of it! I hardly ever remember how different other parts of the world are. Half the time, when it is raining here, I just think of everywhere else being rainy as well! :tongue_smilie: Much less a whole 12 hour time difference!

Today has been a super long and exhausting day for us. Dh took his mom out to lunch for Mother's Day, so the kids and I went to a Kids "thing" (LOL, I have no other way to describe it!) for several hours with a friend and her dd. While we were there, I had to stand in line to get something. My older ds and friend's dd took off to do an activity that was right next to the line I was standing in. ds5 asked to go with them, and since I could see him and he was with his big brother, I told him, "yes." I watched him as he did the activity and then someone at the desk asked me a question. I answered her, turned back to find that ds5 was GONE. Just gone! I looked frantically around, then called to older ds, who, of course, had NO IDEA where his brother went :glare:. I dropped my stuff and ran screaming ds5's name through the crowd. Just about the time I was about to have a freaking HEART ATTACK, I glanced over and saw him trip and fall on the ground. The relief was something...but OMG, I am still trying to get over the shock of the incident. How could I be so stupid to think that older ds would keep up with his brother when there were "games" and such nearby. I am used to letting ds5 go off with ds9 and his friend (who is a girl his age), but this older girl is homeschooled and very mature and nuturing. I honestly think she gets more worried about him then I do! LOL And then, still, they never go far from my sight. Well, ds9 was NOT with his older friend...he was with a younger girl friend...and...well...I was just totally STUPID. :banghead:

Needless to say, I think I am still shaking and this happened about 7 hours ago! :001_huh::crying:

OK,

Well, this has been an awful week. I mean, absolutely awful. How I wish I could have found this forum before all my emotional mess this last year. I am generally, not a needy person, but . . .[sorry for the digression] So, today, all I wanted to do was get a haircut, buy a skirt that fits and flatters me as much as it can [need to lose serious weight], and plant my plants. So, I went to el cheapo hair place, and got a great cut! What a great start. Then, I went [per dh's instructions] to the mall. Found a great store with a BOGO 1/2 off so not completely over the top expensive. An amazingly kind and helpful women brought outfit after outfit and actually worked with my body type. I picked 2 great skirts, a couple of tops and the first white sweater I've owned in a long time. Then I came home, planted the stuff I needed to and started weeding. I am now inside b/c one of the weeds didn't sit well with me and I broke out. Thus I am on the couch, watching tv and looking at the forum on benedryl. Outside of the allergy I have had a great day! :D

I had a crazy day. 10am dd had fiddle lessons, 11am an extra violin lesson, drove 45 min to Delaware (I am in NJ) for dd to practice with her duet partner for a fiddle competition they are attending, then went to Philadelphia for dd to play in an Irish session at a bar. I think she played her instrument for the better part of 6 hours today. :001_huh:

In the meantime, boys and husband stayed home and cleaned the house for me for Mother's Day, baked me a cake, and took a long bike ride...beautiful weather today but I won't say that too loudly or it might scare the sun away for another week.

On Saturday we spent the morning at home. DH had a meeting with a friend about setting up some sort of thing where kids and Dads build boats to sail together.

Then we headed up the road to the local Indian stores to buy cheap bulk groceries and had a really really really good Indian lunch followed by Indian sweets.

Then home for a casserole because it's getting cold here now.

Today (Sunday) we started with Gluten Free Waffles and soon I'm going to an open garden just up the road.

Needless to say, I think I am still shaking and this happened about 7 hours ago!

:grouphug::grouphug: Rebecca! :grouphug::grouphug:

You must have been in such a panic! I would have felt exactly the same way, and I'd still be shaking 7 hours later, too! I hope you can sleep tonight; I'm the type who keeps re-living things in my mind, and bedtime is the worst time for me if I've had a stressful day.

I'm so glad your ds is ok and that he was fine all along!

Cat

I love these posts, I always like to see what everyone else is up to...

Today was a softball day-double header as a matter of fact. So it was 5 hours at the softball park in the hottest weather we've had in a while. It really is a beautiful thing to see girls play softball and play it well. DD was on fire today...Even though they won one and lost one, both games were great.

Then we came home layed on the couch under the a.c and watched Prince Caspian.

Now I'm trying to get the little darlin's in bed so I can straighten up, plan school for next week and work on my Self Trained Mind-my self education plan.

:001_smile: Our 3rd straight day of 100+ temps. I think the 100s are here to stay until the fall. :glare: You always know this day is coming but it still isn't easy!

I am not looking forward to the time when the triple digits hit here either.

Today, the men of the family were at a disc golf tournament and the mastiff girl and I had the run of the place.

I admired my emerging beets, lettuce and chard. The Shasta Daisies are budding.

Someone let it slip that I may be getting a plant for Mother's Day - the kind that needs to be put in the ground - or large pot. So I was thinking where the best place would be.

If I just get a pat on the back tomorrow - at least I had pleasant thoughts and dreams!

I did some housework, took my 3 youngest for a little walk to the woods near our house so they could swing on the rope-swing, and then took them to a friend's 40th birthday get-together after lunch. We sat in their back garden in the sun drinking tea and eating cake - very English. :001_smile:

My dh is in Ireland with our oldest who turned 13 yesterday (!). He (the 13yo) was in a surf contest and got 3rd place - first time that he's placed in the top three, so he was VERY excited.

I came home from work at 7:30ish (got off work at 7 and rode my bike home 2 mi.), and since DD was still sleeping crawled into bed. Wife #2 was still asleep, and miracle of miracles DD let us sleep when she got up.

I got up at 10:30 AM when my alarm went off, and fiddled on the laptop while DD and I cuddled for a bit, then we headed out around 11:30 to go ride to catch the bus to the art center, where DD had a drama class to attend.

We bike/bused back home (DD still fits in the seat on the back of the bike! Going to miss it when she finally hits 40lbs.) and I IM'ed with my best friend in Texas while DD vegg'ed then crashed out and napped on the couch.

I called my mom to wish my baby brother (2yo.) happy birthday, and watched a little TV. We were up late to take DH back downtown after he got off work, and DD finally fell asleep in the car, so now she's in bed and I'm back on the computer.

I should probably get some shut-eye, but not too much because I need to get in a good nap tomorrow. I work Sunday night and have a Dr. appt. so won't be napping after I drop DD off at her enrichment program Monday morning. DD has promised me breakfast in bed, which I am looking forward to even if I have to crawl back into bed after picking DH up and getting him to work!