Menu

Y'all want to feel better about yourselves?

DawnM

So, I have been dealing with a parent this week, along with the principal, because the parent is filing a grievance against a teacher and my help has been needed.  I am not back to work nor am I paid for this, but whatever.

Anyway, I got a phone call Friday as I was getting out of the shower.  It was my principal.  I thought he must have another question and answered it, only to find out that it was a FaceTime call and my picture popped up with me in a towel on my head and over my body.  I quickly hung up.   

I am 100% sure it was a mistake on his end and hopefully a butt dial where he never saw me undressed, but now I am feeling weird about the entire thing.

I don't think I will ask him about it, I am too embarrassed.

Now go about your day knowing you didn't flash your boss or do anything as embarrassing as Dawn did.   🤣

• Haha 47

I’m with B&H, I accidentally answered a FaceTime once when I was in the shower. Luckily it was my sister. 

I once went through 4 whole months where the only time I got called for a new foster placement I was in the shower. Didn’t matter if it was 7 am or 11 pm. 

Are you not part of a union any more when you’re in guidance? Because I might make a stink about it needing to wait until you are paid. 

• Like 5

Whether or not he meant initially to call v FT, I am *positive* that he now is not only far more mortified than you are, but also a twinge nervous about harassment charges.  YOU didn't do anything embarrassing.

(FWIW I think my own inclination would be to acknowledge it as an obviously unintended mutually embarrassing pilot error and have a little laugh about it. But also I think it's 100% fine to pretend it never happened.)

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Katy said:

I’m with B&H, I accidentally answered a FaceTime once when I was in the shower. Luckily it was my sister. 

I once went through 4 whole months where the only time I got called for a new foster placement I was in the shower. Didn’t matter if it was 7 am or 11 pm. 

Are you not part of a union any more when you’re in guidance? Because I might make a stink about it needing to wait until you are paid. 

No unions for educators in NC.   But I could have said no, I was ok with dealing this this.   

I know someone, very….tech adverse…..who, being new to Smart phones, once brought their wife’s phone to her while she was in the bathroom. The husband didn’t know it had opened FaceTime, and he handed the phone to his wife as she sat on the john. I remember her telling me who was calling, but I can’t remember. Whomever it was, I do remember he was male. Maybe a son, BIL?

Another person I know will finish showing (on FT) whatever it is they are showing, then forgets it is a FT call. They then hold the phone like a normal call, and all I can see is a closeup of two huge nostrils. 😐

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

I've seen video of a zoom meeting with about 10 coworkers on it, and one woman had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the meeting and forgot to turn her camera off. So you see her carrying the laptop to the bathroom, setting it on the counter, pulling down her pants and sitting on the john, as one by one her coworkers realize what's happening and start looking horrified. The person who was speaking notices everyone looking shocked and asks what's wrong and they tell her it's ok, just keep going, and then the woman on the toilet suddenly realizes they're all watching her, gasps, and shuts the laptop. Imagine having to go into work the next day knowing the entire office has seen you pee!

• Haha 11
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

I've seen video of a zoom meeting with about 10 coworkers on it, and one woman had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the meeting and forgot to turn her camera off. So you see her carrying the laptop to the bathroom, setting it on the counter, pulling down her pants and sitting on the john, as one by one her coworkers realize what's happening and start looking horrified. The person who was speaking notices everyone looking shocked and asks what's wrong and they tell her it's ok, just keep going, and then the woman on the toilet suddenly realizes they're all watching her, gasps, and shuts the laptop. Imagine having to go into work the next day knowing the entire office has seen you pee!

I saw that video and know I’d have to quit that job. Except when the interviewer for the next job asks, “So why did you leave your last job?” 😳

• Haha 13

25 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

As someone who taught online during the pandemic, this is why Zoom and Googlemeet allow the person running the meeting to kick someone out of the meeting. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

Hard no. Just moving to another country and starting over! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, DawnM said:

So, I have been dealing with a parent this week, along with the principal, because the parent is filing a grievance against a teacher and my help has been needed.  I am not back to work nor am I paid for this, but whatever.

Anyway, I got a phone call Friday as I was getting out of the shower.  It was my principal.  I thought he must have another question and answered it, only to find out that it was a FaceTime call and my picture popped up with me in a towel on my head and over my body.  I quickly hung u

I am 100% sure it was a mistake on his end and hopefully a butt dial where he never saw me undressed, but now I am feeling weird about the entire thing.

I don't think I will ask him about it, I am too embarrassed.

Now go about your day knowing you didn't flash your boss or do anything as embarrassing as Dawn did.   🤣

You will never know whether it was a butt dial because unless your principal has lost his freaking mind he will claim it was.

”What?  Oh my, I had no idea I called you.  I didn’t see a thing!”

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

I’d have to quit!

1 hour ago, Grace Hopper said:

I saw that video and know I’d have to quit that job. Except when the interviewer for the next job asks, “So why did you leave your last job?” 😳

I’m picturing that scene from Bridget Jones Diary… I have to quit because I shagged my boss.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BandH said:

You will never know whether it was a butt dial because unless your principal has lost his freaking mind he will claim it was.

”What?  Oh my, I had no idea I called you.  I didn’t see a thing!”

“What? Oh my, I had no idea I called you. I didn’t see you in your towel…er….”

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

I mean, at least you had a towel on, you know?

Right?  Although, I don't know why, but I prob wouldn't have answered if I had nothing on, even just a voice call would make me feel awkward.   

• Haha 1

I work from home. Once or twice, I've forgotten to disconnect from a Teams meeting after meetings with my boss (and I guess she did too?). Meetings with her are very intense, usually she gives me a long list of new things to do, so once they're over I'm relieved. I know one time she might have overheard me expressing my relief to one of my kids that the meeting was over. Another time I think I might have grabbed a snack after (eating to cope with the stress) and started eating with the camera on me. Fortunately I don't think she was actually paying attention but it's still embarrassing to think she might have caught something. 

I'm much better at actually leaving a meeting now. 

• Like 1

We're all moms ... what we haven't done to embarrass ourselves, our kids have done for us!

Once I was in a rather intense discussion with a client who was trying to allege I had done something wrong.  From the background comes a little voice:  "I have to go Poo Poo!"  Of course.

Mostly I don't remember things like that.  There is no benefit to keeping such memories.

As for facetime, I generally won't answer it at all.  I am lucky to have 2 "good hair days" per year.  And there's nothing you need to discuss with me that requires my face.  I work at home for a reason.  🙂

3 hours ago, SKL said:

We're all moms ... what we haven't done to embarrass ourselves, our kids have done for us!

Once I was in a rather intense discussion with a client who was trying to allege I had done something wrong.  From the background comes a little voice:  "I have to go Poo Poo!"  Of course.

Mostly I don't remember things like that.  There is no benefit to keeping such memories.

As for facetime, I generally won't answer it at all.  I am lucky to have 2 "good hair days" per year.  And there's nothing you need to discuss with me that requires my face.  I work at home for a reason.  🙂

It would not have answered if I had known it was a FT.

One time my 20 something niece was making plans over text to meet my mom for lunch.  They decided my mom would swing by and pick her up.  My niece texted, ‘hey what time will you be here, I just got out of the shower. ‘. She went about her business of getting ready and wondered why mom had not answered her.  So she checked…..and was horrified to see she had texted that to her male boss. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

One time my 20 something niece was making plans over text to meet my mom for lunch.  They decided my mom would swing by and pick her up.  My niece texted, ‘hey what time will you be here, I just got out of the shower. ‘. She went about her business of getting ready and wondered why mom had not answered her.  So she checked…..and was horrified to see she had texted that to her male boss. 

😬

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 3:05 PM, Corraleno said:

You either have to move to Siberia, or lean into it and send everyone a copy of “Everyone poops.”

485ADD8B-F405-4885-8F6D-85B4FD39CB9E.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well a few weeks ago DH was at the gym in the locker room got to shower realized he forgot something and turned around and literally ran into his boss while naked.

Than boss joked about how everyones day must be often to a better start than his because of seeing DH naked  so...

• Haha 6